2020 WJC - Denisenko (RUS), Schütz (GER) and Knight (USA) chase World Junior Gold

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I'd say he has made saves; so far he's been good if not great. His team is letting him down in the second period.
I agree he’s been good. Don’t like that one timer goal
He let in tho. Was half ice pass with no traffic.
Those are the easiest shots to get off on the pp.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Nope just call them out when they’re bad. Never complained about goalies before last year. And haven’t the last 10 games this year. Pretty basic stuff
Weird screen name but otherwise perfect, eh?

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Sure. He had a chance on all the goals. None were second chance rebound goals and a few from distance. Not a great performance by any stretch.

Sure, it wasn’t great. But it’s not like he disappointed and cost them the game. I hate this tournament because people go crazy overreacting over a handful of games, whether it be good or bad.

2 one timers short handed, a top corner shot that took the water bottle out, a tap in on a cross ice pass, no defender in sight and then a brutal turnover right in front of him with a guy coming in with speed. Not putting much stock into it whatsoever.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
At least he’s getting used to playing behind some suspect defending.
Before the tourney, it was "who'll be the best goalie, Askarov or Knight?" So far Askarov got pulled after giving up four and Knight gave up five.
Don't think Knight had a bad game but is there a chance that the US goes with Wolf in the next game?

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Sure, it wasn’t great. But it’s not like he disappointed and cost them the game. I hate this tournament because people go crazy overreacting over a handful of games, whether it be good or bad.

2 one timers short handed, a top corner shot that took the water bottle out, a tap in on a cross ice pass, no defender in sight and then a brutal turnover right in front of him with a guy coming in with speed. Not putting much stock into it whatsoever.
Oh I agree he wasn’t bad or cost them the game. And it’s only one game that will have no impact on his development. I put no stock into it either. But it’s a thread for the tournament so it’s all there is to go on. The only goal I’m not a fan of was the one timer. It’s a pp and the puck wasn’t moved cross ice. It was from middle blueline to corcle. Not a lot of movement and no traffic. Nothing team d can do about it and u need the goalie to save that one.canadas goalie made a huge save on whalstrom all alone in front and had time to try a Deke and still made a leg save. That was the difference

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Also, Lafreniere looks so good... don't fancy having him in the East. We cheer on LA and Anaheim come draft lottery? (And looking at Sharks, they might be in the same position Ottawa was a while back, near the bottom of the standings without their first rounder...)

Reactions: Laus723

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I can just never root for Canada.
Well too bad for you :ipeace

I'd say he has made saves; so far he's been good if not great. His team is letting him down in the second period.

He still let in at least one weak goal though. The 2-on-1 tap in someone had, Knight had the whole five-hole wide open. Made it pretty easy to score.

Before the tourney, it was "who'll be the best goalie, Askarov or Knight?" So far Askarov got pulled after giving up four and Knight gave up five.
Don't think Knight had a bad game but is there a chance that the US goes with Wolf in the next game?

I doubt the US puts Knight on the bench.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Well too bad for you :ipeace

He still let in at least one weak goal though. The 2-on-1 tap in someone had, Knight had the whole five-hole wide open. Made it pretty easy to score.

I doubt the US puts Knight on the bench.

With this coach you never know, although it would be shocking. He'll probably blame Knight and continue to be unaware of his terrible bench management. Putting Caufield with Beecher and Drury...lmao, so terrible

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Knight getting lit up. Made a few good saves but hasn’t done much
Not much Knight can do on these goals. He hasn’t been able to make a huge save, but none of them have been weak by any means.

These 2 posts back to back was pretty funny. He certainly could’ve been better on a couple, but the play in front of him was disappointing.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
What an apple by Schütz on Bokks goal. 3-2 for our German national team vs US.

Put the pass righjzc through the legs off an American defender and Bokk just needed to convert

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad