2020 WJC - Denisenko (RUS), Schütz (GER) and Knight (USA) chase World Junior Gold

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The tournament is slated to run from Dec. 26 through Jan. 5, with two groups of five teams competing in an internal round-robin before a three-round playoff is used to decide a winner.
All games will be broadcast on NHL Network in the U.S. and TSN in Canada.
The Panthers are represented by the following 3 players:

denisenko.jpeg
Grigori Denisenko
Team: Russia
Position: Forward
Drafted: Round 1 (15th overall), 2018 NHL Draft

schutz.jpg
Justin Schütz
Team: Germany
Position: Forward
Drafted: Round 6 (170th overall), 2018 NHL Draft

USA_KNIGHT_SPENCER (1).jpg
Spencer Knight
Team: USA
Position: Goaltender
Drafted: Round 1 (13th overall), 2019 NHL Draft

TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE (FOR PANTHERS)

Thursday, Dec. 26

Russia (Denisenko) vs. Czech Republic, 9 a.m. ET, NHLN
USA (Knight) vs. Canada, 1 p.m. ET, NHLN

Friday, Dec. 27

USA (Knight) vs. Germany (Schütz), 1 p.m. ET, NHLN

Saturday, Dec. 28

Czech Republic vs. Germany (Schütz), 9 a.m. ET
Canada vs. Russia (Denisenko), 1 p.m. ET, NHLN

Sunday, Dec. 29

Russia (Denisenko) vs. USA (Knight), 1 p.m. ET, NHLN

Monday, Dec. 30

Canada vs. Germany (Schütz), 9 a.m. ET, NHLN
Czech Republic vs. USA (Knight), 1 p.m. ET, NHLN

Tuesday, Dec. 31

Russia (Denisenko) vs. Germany (Schütz), 9 a.m. ET

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Nice dish by Schutz.

I expect Denisenko to be dominant again in head to head comp. with his peers. It's gonna be fun seeing what kind of numbers he can put up.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Nice dish by Schutz.

I expect Denisenko to be dominant again in head to head comp. with his peers. It's gonna be fun seeing what kind of numbers he can put up.
It was a beautiful moment in the game... I just wish there were more moments like this from him. The whole German offence looked anemic TBH - or at the very least they lacked finish.

Given his okay/meh KHL season, I absolutely want to see a dominant tourney from Denisenko. He dominated last year; time to repeat the performance.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
It was a beautiful moment in the game... I just wish there were more moments like this from him. The whole German offence looked anemic TBH - or at the very least they lacked finish.

Given his okay/meh KHL season, I absolutely want to see a dominant tourney from Denisenko. He dominated last year; time to repeat the performance.

I absolutely think he will. Deni's problem right now is he is playing in the 2nd best league in the world against grown men. I think he's doing ok considering that. One of the main reasons I want him to be in the ahl next season is that's it's a step down from the khl. He'd be able to showcase his talents more, while simultaneously getting better acclimated to n.a.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I absolutely think he will. Deni's problem right now is he is playing in the 2nd best league in the world against grown men. I think he's doing ok considering that. One of the main reasons I want him to be in the ahl next season is that's it's a step down from the khl. He'd be able to showcase his talents more, while simultaneously getting better acclimated to n.a.

KHL is more like an all-star game

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Christmas visit to grandma so of course I couldn't watch the game with one of our best forward prospects playing against the Czech team :puppy: (Grandma's awesome so not really annoyed but still... this is one of the games I really wanted to see.)
But yay Czech win :D Really liked Dostal in his draft year; nice to see him doing a great job in net. Not happy Lauko got hurt though. At least it wasn't a defenceman I guess?

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad