Blue Jays GDT: (2020 v5) ALWC Gm 2: (8) Tor @ (1) TB| Wed, Sept 30 | 4:00pm ET/1:00pm PT | Ryu vs Glasnow

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Lol thought it started at 5

ya f*** off Ryu

this team is pretty bad lead by the worst manager we have ever had

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
All the evidence says that Ryu has been better with an extra day of rest. There are plenty of Montoyo decisions worthy of criticism or derision. The one he made where the supporting evidence actually validates it isn't one of them. Because sometimes you can make the right decision and it still doesn't work out.

It's also being lost that the Rays are a significant favorite for a reason. This is not the Jays as a marginal underdog to Tampa Bay and blowing it against a team they've beaten up on all year. Tampa is the #1 seed. Toronto is the #8. They had a losing record against the Rays in their limited action this season.

Maybe getting obliterated 7-1 in the 3rd inning of game 2 wasn't the plan, but losing the series to the Rays is in no way an unexpected outcome. The fact that the Rays are winning the game and probably the series probably has as much to do with them being the better team as it does with Montoyo being a questionable MLB manager

I 100 percent agree.

I think it's a bit of many things including youth (Bo with 2 errors today when he made 3 all year) and a manager not being as ready as he could be. I don't view him as a good manager.

But I fully expected to lose this series to the Ray's. Our time will eventually come.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It hurts but right now the biggest difference is Bo vs. Adames at SS.

Bo is still young though and will learn from this.

Reactions: Kurtz

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Barring a miracle comeback, sucks that the steps forward the team took this year is going to come to a crashing halt after two games. All that waiting for a Jays season, and just like that it’ll be over. :(

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Cant hit cant pitch. Ive heard this shit every damn time we've made the playoffs. So frustrating. This teams sucks when it comes to hitting fast balls above 95 and pitching a disciplined batting team. This team is gonna need some major changes to compete for the WS.

A few fastball hitters
Good defense
Good pitching after Ryu (well asides this game)

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Yeah but if they’re pretty bad then how did they make the wildcard series? They’re just not Rays-level good (which is a top 2 team)

Also people forget it's the youngest team in the league probably. They will be fine.

Reactions: Eyedea

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
I thought it was only Reese who jacked big ones down in Florida, but Jansen showing him how to keep it to the ballpark :sarcasm:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I hate that the Rays defense is always perfectly positioned for our hitters and our defense is always in the wrong positions for their hitters. I f***ing hate it.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
He’s the manager. What are you talking about? LMFAO.

If you pay any attention to how things operate here like listening to interviews with Montoya and other team members, you would learn that decisions of this sort are made by our analytics team and not by Montoya.

Reactions: trellaine201

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad