Blue Jays GDT: (2020 v2) Next: @TB |Fri, Aug 21| 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT | TBA vs Yarbrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Jays have such bad timing this year.

Yamaguchi having his best outing in a low leverage situation.

Hitting solo and two run shots instead of three run shots.

Hernandez hot to start when everyone else was cold, now vice versa.

Pitching was good early when they couldn’t hit, now vice versa.

Only the Jays man.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
We may need to adjust our expectations on Vlad. It's very possible he has an Eric Homser type career and that's still a 3-4 war player. We have these Miguel Cabrera type expectations on the kid and how many players get to that level? Like a few of those type of players in the entire league.

Or he's 21 and has less than 600 PAs in the bigs and there's still plenty of time to become something close to what everyone expects out of him. It's not like he's up there striking out at a prolific rate or chasing balls like crazy or looking overmatched by MLB pitching. He just needs to fix how he's making contact to get his loft back. That's doable.

It's too early to be passing any real judgement on Vlad yet. Sure we can be concerned the longer this drags on for him, but I'm not ready to pull the chute after not even a year's worth of play out of him.

Reactions: The MoNaRcH

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Or he's 21 and has less than 600 PAs in the bigs and there's still plenty of time to become something close to what everyone expects out of him. It's not like he's up there striking out at a prolific rate or chasing balls like crazy or looking overmatched by MLB pitching. He just needs to fix how he's making contact to get his loft back. That's doable.

It's too early to be passing any real judgement on Vlad yet. Sure we can be concerned the longer this drags on for him, but I'm not ready to pull the chute after not even a year's worth of play out of him.

Yep, for sure. I'm just pointing out if he is a 3-4 WAR, 1B and bats 5th (which is still extremely valuable) I'm not going to be mad. That's great production. If he develops into a superstar, even better. But i'm not expecting it. 5+ War from 1B is super rare.

Here are war leaders from 1B in 2019

Major League Leaderboards » 2019 » First Basemen » Dashboard | FanGraphs Baseball

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
giphy.gif

Reactions: Advanced stats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad