Blue Jays GDT: (2020 v2) Next: @TB |Fri, Aug 21| 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT | TBA vs Yarbrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This is one of those games you kinda feel like they just weren't meant to win.

A usually reliable Jansen is having an absolute ****ing stinker of a game. Pearson hitting a road bump isn't surprising. But holy shit Danny, what happened today?

Someone turn the cardboard cutout of Geddy Lee around so he doesn't have to see this

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
This is one of those games you kinda feel like they just weren't meant to win.

A usually reliable Jansen is having an absolute ****ing stinker of a game. Pearson hitting a road bump isn't surprising. But holy shit Danny, what happened today?

Someone turn the cardboard cutout of Geddy Lee around so he doesn't have to see this

Thats a good point, how come you never see the catcher being changed out too

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
We just aren't going to be bad enough to tank.

Probably get streaky enough to win some games and end up picking like 8-10.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
See I don't agree with Dan/Buck saying in a full year "this would be thought of a developmental year". The Jay's went out, spent big on two pitchers. Had high expectations for the Jansen/Biggio/VGJ/Bichette/Gurriel type guys with a 81 win season being a possibility. You dont waste multiple years of control on a young core not trying to at least fight for a wild card spot.

Theres been about 4 games so far this year we've blown due to horrible managing. That's why people aren't having patience. That's why peoples expectations are higher. We're 6-8, but just as easily could be 10-4 with a competent manager.
If we could actually hit the ball decent we would be 10-4. But we can’t. I don’t think anyone expected this team to be so shitty at hitting the ball. I’m beyond frustrated.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
We just aren't going to be bad enough to tank.

Probably get streaky enough to win some games and end up picking like 8-10.
Braylon Bishop come on down if that's the case. If we absolutely had to suck it would have been nice to be in the Jack Leiter/Kumar Rocker sweepstakes.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Hey look. Rowdy did something. That was a fat meatball. Just like the one to Teoscar.

Also suddenly this is a game. I wonder if the Marlins have realized they are in fact, the Marlins and are not allowed to have nice thing?

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Vlad is really getting on my nerves. You can live with the bat not being there yet because you know it will come, but this kind of defense at first is concerning as hell.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Yamaguchi coming in

giphy.gif

Reactions: phillipmike

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Vlad is really getting on my nerves. You can live with the bat not being there yet because you know it will come, but this kind of defense at first is concerning as hell.

Looks like he's trying to eat his way out of the league at a record pace.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah Vlad has been absolutely cheeks thus far. Full stop, no sugar coating it.

That was a routine play at first and he just...dropped it.

Idk if it's the effort level or if he doesn't care but i'm sure he can figure it out. My crackpot theory is because of the fact he absolutely mashed all levels of ball up to the majors, he's not really used to facing adversity/having to actually learn how to hit instead of just swinging and having it land in Lake Erie.

That's a fixable problem if i'm correct.

Reactions: Maplebeasts

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton

We may need to adjust our expectations on Vlad. It's very possible he has an Eric Homser type career and that's still a 3-4 war player. We have these Miguel Cabrera type expectations on the kid and how many players get to that level? Like a few of those type of players in the entire league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad