Blue Jays GDT: (2020 v1) Next: vs Wsh |"Home" Opener|Wed, Jul 29 | 6pm ET / 3pm PT | Scherzer vs PEARSON *DEBUT!!!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I know look at what stealing 2nd did to Scherzer. He threw one away. You can rely on the math but also try to create your own math going against what the norm dictates by the analytics guys.

The problem is the players have no clue how to bunt. That would be something for spring training to work on to have in the toolbox in case you need to pull it out.

It almost worked if Fisher stole 2nd when he should have.

I am old school and think you bring back some old school concepts you will screw up teams by being unpredictable.

Stop making this about "the math" when it's just about Montoyo making dumb decisions. And given his predilection for bunts, chances are that Montoyo isn't even an analytics-based manager to begin with. Which would mean that his particular brand of baffling decision-making is an argument in favor of trusting the analytics more than it is a condemnation of how nerds with spreadsheets are ruining the game.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
He's throwing all around the zone and seems terrified at the thought of throwing at it.

Edit: Okay that ball 4 is just BS.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Ok, if we get to extras again with nobody else available I'm using Espinal to pitch before this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad