Blue Jays GDT: (2020 v1) Next: vs Wsh |"Home" Opener|Wed, Jul 29 | 6pm ET / 3pm PT | Scherzer vs PEARSON *DEBUT!!!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
I almost want to have him in the 7th to keep Bass in the 8th. That way you go from Romano's fireballs, gear down to Bass in the mid/low 90s, then ramp back up to Giles.
Good point. Never looked at it like that.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Nope, wasn’t him. He was only with the team for a half-season, maybe a full one. Fairly good hitter but couldn’t throw out Pablo Sandoval if he had to. Want to say his last name started with an M.
Jose Molina?

He was here two years though. And I think has a really arm.

Luke Maile is another. He was here 3 years and above league average.

Are catchers were the same for both playoff runs. Thole, Martin and Navarro. They were all here multiple years.

Martin and Navarro were average at throwing. Thole was awful but here for Dickey and never complained.

Last edited:

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
baseball math has taken the joy out of baseball and taking all guts out of baseball. Managers are afraid to go against the numbers cause analytics departments have brainwashed lots of teams and made it a boring game.

I get what the numbers say but you can go against the numbers and create your own numbers.

No reason why Fisher wasn't running on the 1st pitch to take them out of the DP. The Nats weren't going to throw thru. I am sure the number guys said don't run cause you go down so and so % chance of scoring by stealing.

I wonder what team will bring back small ball plus analytics to increase unpredictability to manage against. Bring back the hit and run, bunting, stealing a base to put the pressure back on teams defensively. I know there is time to listen to the numbers but sometimes you have to go with your gut feeling and make stuff happen.

Reactions: GoonieFace

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Looking ahead to the 9th, how nice would a walkoff in the other teams ballpark be? I'd like to know the last time that happened. Rare for obvious reasons.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
baseball math has taken the joy out of baseball and taking all guts out of baseball. Managers are afraid to go against the numbers cause analytics departments have brainwashed lots of teams and made it a boring game.

I get what the numbers say but you can go against the numbers and create your own numbers.

No reason why Fisher wasn't running on the 1st pitch to take them out of the DP. The Nats weren't going to throw thru. I am sure the number guys said don't run cause you go down so and so % chance of scoring by stealing.

I wonder what team will bring back small ball plus analytics to increase unpredictability to manage against. Bring back the hit and run, bunting, stealing a base to put the pressure back on teams defensively. I know there is time to listen to the numbers but sometimes you have to go with your gut feeling and make stuff happen.

The Jays bunted (into an out) and stole a base that inning.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So TSN tweeted about Nate Pearson, and called him Tanner Pearson.

untitled (5).png

Reactions: Just Rude and Natey

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

My 12 year old knew Fisher should take 2nd there.

It’s clear Montoya has no idea what he’s doing. Bunting with 2 strikes. This guy already cost them a game earlier this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad