Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
YAY NESNgo works in Toronto

upload_2020-7-24_15-51-5.png

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Wally - since I assume from your previous posts, that you have a medical background or at least knowledge that most of us don't that may help answer this....

So a serious questions.....
Why does HIPPA apply to coronavirus , but not something as lets say a torn ACL for example....or when a team says a player is in concussion protocol....Isn't that a HIPPA violation?

I imagine injuries are covered in the NHLPA contract, the players waive their HIPAA rights when they sign. Same with the NHL/NHLPA Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health Program, because the league is allowed to reveal when a player enters the program. All conditions not specified in the contract would fall under HIPAA.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is what the venues will look like

nhl-return-to-play-details-1040x572.jpg

I am in Group 5 which means I will not be allowed in any area that the players will be in. We will have a separate entrance at the arena and my arena access excludes me from the lower bowl.

The plus for me is once I am cleared by Canada I can go freely anywhere EXCEPT the player bubble. I am on target to be sprung on Monday since I had a negative test before entering and have passed 2 tests since plus one taken today.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I wish they had narrated the first 10 minutes or so of practice. Never having played the game, I have absolutely no idea what hockey drills are supposed to look like.

You'd think they could slap on numbers on the backs of the players so Jack and Brick (and, um, the TV audience) could identify the players, just for this one practice. Oh well. At least it's always easy to identify Chara. And, like I said...THAT show is why we'll never see a game played at Warrior. Looking through the netting at Warrior is not fun.

I actually played the 45 minute Return to Play PowerPoint monstrosity that the league put out while I was doing other stuff early this morning. Wish it had been on YouTube - Protip, play stuff at x2 speed. That video could have really used it. Was interesting to see the maps of the venues, and to see the jazzy Vegas-like rink they're building that Fenway showed here.

I can see why they picked Edmonton for the Conference Finals and SCF - it seems much better equipped for the workload, with room enough for 6 locker rooms, and with what looks like a second practice rink within (or adjacent to?) the main rink. In contrast, the Toronto area only has 3 NHL-sized rinks (plus an Olympic rink, which is good enough). The weirdest thing? They're so worried about competitive advantage in the locker rooms that they're blocking off portions of the Toronto and Edmonton locker rooms. C'mon, just let the higher seed enjoy the nice room.

Reactions: Strafer

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Yay! Sounds about right. If Pasta had an oopsie-daisy early last week, that would put him at, what, 10 days? And assuming his agent is being forthcoming and it was only exposure and NOT a positive on Pasta himself, if he's tested negative multiple times, that could be sufficient.

I just read something in the past day or so about isolation being reduced from 14 days to 10 days (but I forget where I read it or what region it applied to), so that could have worked in Pasta's favor too. That's how science works - learn more, modify your procedures accordingly.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Yay! Sounds about right. If Pasta had an oopsie-daisy early last week, that would put him at, what, 10 days? And assuming his agent is being forthcoming and it was only exposure and NOT a positive on Pasta himself, if he's tested negative multiple times, that could be sufficient.

I just read something in the past day or so about isolation being reduced from 14 days to 10 days (but I forget where I read it or what region it applied to), so that could have worked in Pasta's favor too. That's how science works - learn more, modify your procedures accordingly.
CDC came out and said isolation can be 10 days if you have a negative test.

Reactions: talkinaway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I wish they had narrated the first 10 minutes or so of practice. Never having played the game, I have absolutely no idea what hockey drills are supposed to look like.

You'd think they could slap on numbers on the backs of the players so Jack and Brick (and, um, the TV audience) could identify the players, just for this one practice. Oh well. At least it's always easy to identify Chara. And, like I said...THAT show is why we'll never see a game played at Warrior. Looking through the netting at Warrior is not fun.

I actually played the 45 minute Return to Play PowerPoint monstrosity that the league put out while I was doing other stuff early this morning. Wish it had been on YouTube - Protip, play stuff at x2 speed. That video could have really used it. Was interesting to see the maps of the venues, and to see the jazzy Vegas-like rink they're building that Fenway showed here.

I can see why they picked Edmonton for the Conference Finals and SCF - it seems much better equipped for the workload, with room enough for 6 locker rooms, and with what looks like a second practice rink within (or adjacent to?) the main rink. In contrast, the Toronto area only has 3 NHL-sized rinks (plus an Olympic rink, which is good enough). The weirdest thing? They're so worried about competitive advantage in the locker rooms that they're blocking off portions of the Toronto and Edmonton locker rooms. C'mon, just let the higher seed enjoy the nice room.

It's on You Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad