Boston Bruins 2020 Training Camp - Phase III - Training Camp at Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
@Gee Wally i actually don’t really understand the distinction with how covid related absences are being reported, which leads me to believe it has more to do with the NHL contracts and a mandate from the league v the actual HIPAA laws.

when a player signs a contract I have to assume they waive some level of HIPAA protection - allowing diagnosed injuries and illnesses that may occur and affect a players ability to do their job to be shared with the public. Given covid is such a mess, the PR aspect of it, quarantining v inconclusive tests, v waiting for results v an actual positive test...it wouldn’t be super surprising if the league decided to throw it all in one bucket.

but yeah...no concrete answer, just spitballing.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Is there any way to watch the practice on YouTube now ?

I know you're probably starving for New Actual Hockey Content now, bu this wasn't really it. It was basically audio of either Brick and Jack talking generically about the players and the state of the Bruins, or audio of previously seen interviews with Neely and Chara, superimposed over a scrimmage that wasn't particularly mind-blowing and had no PxP provided. Plus, it was basically shot through a black net. The brief 12 second clips on the Bruins website were taken at ice level, and were frankly of better quality than what NESN showed.

It was absolutely NOT like the "Back to Work" scrimmage held at TD Garden last year in the longish hiatus between the ECF and SCF, where fans could get in for $10.

For anyone local wanting to watch it, my DVR lists it on NESN+ at noon. But I'm not sure if it's available anywhere online.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@Gee Wally i actually don’t really understand the distinction with how covid related absences are being reported, which leads me to believe it has more to do with the NHL contracts and a mandate from the league v the actual HIPAA laws.

when a player signs a contract I have to assume they waive some level of HIPAA protection - allowing diagnosed injuries and illnesses that may occur and affect a players ability to do their job to be shared with the public. Given covid is such a mess, the PR aspect of it, quarantining v inconclusive tests, v waiting for results v an actual positive test...it wouldn’t be super surprising if the league decided to throw it all in one bucket.

but yeah...no concrete answer, just spitballing.

@Kate08

What is happening is a cat and mouse game with Canadian border control. The NHL just wants to get everyone to the bubble sites in Canada and then go from there.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Yay! Sounds about right. If Pasta had an oopsie-daisy early last week, that would put him at, what, 10 days? And assuming his agent is being forthcoming and it was only exposure and NOT a positive on Pasta himself, if he's tested negative multiple times, that could be sufficient.

I just read something in the past day or so about isolation being reduced from 14 days to 10 days (but I forget where I read it or what region it applied to), so that could have worked in Pasta's favor too. That's how science works - learn more, modify your procedures accordingly.

As of Friday, the NHL has ZERO positive tests for their last period which I believe covers the 19th to the 24th.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
May as well cut Kase since he had almost 0 chemistry before the stop and then couldn’t practice, now he can’t even fly there.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
May as well cut Kase since he had almost 0 chemistry before the stop and then couldn’t practice, now he can’t even fly there.
If it has to be 2 players then I would absolutely cut Kase and either Carey or Blidh

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Carey didn't practice right? Have to figure he's definitely one of them. Feel like Senyshyn will make it considering the Kase situation, would help to have another natural RW.

BruinsNetwork

If it has to be 2 players then I would absolutely cut Kase and either Carey or Blidh

What? You would cut a bonafide middle-six player over both Carey and Blidh? A lifelong fourth-line filler in Carey and an unproven bottom-six grinder in Blidh? Kase, without chemistry or a chance to adapt, can still provide much, much more than both of those guys.

This bubble roster is it. Sweeney stated last week the roster you bring is the roster you get. If it needs to be two players cut, I personally don’t think it should be anyone other than both Carey and Blidh. The other guys can contribute and help win a game if it got to that point on the depth chart.

Reactions: Silva

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
What? You would cut a bonafide middle-six player over both Carey and Blidh? A lifelong fourth-line filler in Carey and an unproven bottom-six grinder in Blidh? Kase, without chemistry or a chance to adapt, can still provide much, much more than both of those guys.

This bubble roster is it. Sweeney stated last week the roster you bring is the roster you get. If it needs to be two players cut, I personally don’t think it should be anyone other than both Carey and Blidh. The other guys can contribute and help win a game if it got to that point on the depth chart.

I prefer to keep Kase but with his unknown status, I'm just spitballing a bit with him :)

Matt Porter's tweets here helped clarify things after I posted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad