Boston Bruins 2020 Training Camp - Phase III - Training Camp at Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
If it has to be 2 players then I would absolutely cut Kase and either Carey or Blidh

Frederic, not cause I don’t like him, but the Bs have enough centers. And yes Carey. But Carey can play all three forward positions. That has been mentioned as a case for Carey. I don’t know, someones else’s guess is better than mine.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Frederic, not cause I don’t like him, but the Bs have enough centers. And yes Carey. But Carey can play all three forward positions. That has been mentioned as a case for Carey. I don’t know, someones else’s guess is better than mine.
After reading Matt Porter's tweets, I think it may be Frederic and Senyshyn.

Blidh can be a decent replacement for Nordy and Lindholm and Carey can slot in if Kuraly ever has to slide up to the third line.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I think it'll most likely be two of:
Blidh, Carey, Frederic, Senyshyn

I hope Carey and Senyshyn.

Blidh and Frederic can provide toughness if needed and play a simple role in the playoffs. We already have some skill players waiting in Kuhlman, Studnicka, Bjork etc.

Having Carey on the roster will be like having Whitfield in 2010. Any prospect will provide more in the long term.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I think the thing with Carey is that you have to assume that if he's here, then it's as the 17th forward and you're probably in pretty bad shape if you're forced to use him. You'd basically need to have lost half your forwards for him to be in the lineup. If that 17th forward is basically your 'break glass in case of emergency' option, then you probably want some versatility (which he offers), so I get keeping him around.

The thing going against him is that of all of the players in training camp, he's played the fewest number of NHL games this year (1), so it's clear they value others more. Personally, I'd rather take the question mark in one of the younger players who could step up in the playoffs over a AAAA player in Carey. We know for a fact that Carey is not an NHL player in the regular season, so why would we want him in there in the playoffs? We still don't have that answer for the other players on the supposed "bubble". Hopefully that 17th forward isn't going to play anyway, so maybe they can get some valuable development time.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
By saying Paul Carey "sneaky skill", does he mean whatever skill he may have once had snuck away years ago?
I have no idea what he means but he does make a good case as to why he may not get cut. I’m just glad I don’t have to make the decision

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
While I am concerned at our forward shenanigans right now, the fact that Studnicka has earned respect in camp kinda counter balances all that. I hope he sees a lot of ice in the round robin so we get a good eyeful of his play.

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
So is Studnicka really going to be on the team ? I’ve seen very little of him . What can we expect from him ? Can he really hold his own in the top 6 ?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
So is Studnicka really going to be on the team ? I’ve seen very little of him . What can we expect from him ? Can he really hold his own in the top 6 ?

His game/style is similar to Bergeron. Smart 200ft player, knows where to be, isn't flashy and does all the little things.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Sounds good but isn’t it kind of throwing him to the wolves to expect him to contribute in the top 6 right away ?

Could be if they do, but some players thrive in those situations. Take McAvoy for example a few years back when he bebuted in the playoffs in a 1st pairing role.

Reactions: JOKER 192

BruinsNetwork

Sounds good but isn’t it kind of throwing him to the wolves to expect him to contribute in the top 6 right away ?

Big game players show up in big games. McAvoy showed up with four games of professional experience before being top-pair in Boston. Studnicka has over 60 games in Providence. If he’s called on, I’d be willing to bet he can perform in the playoffs.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

Apparently he has opened eyes in camp so far. Got moved from 4th line to playing RW on 1st and 2nd in some practices.

Let me see if I can find you the video of him and Bergy just toying with people..

Reactions: gillesgilbert

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I can’t recall any games Studnicka played with the NHL Bruins this year . Did he play any and what game was it ? I’ll have a look on NHL tv .

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Nov 26 vs mtl and Nov 29th vs NYR
Thanks . I just turned on the Canadians game . I’ve only seen two shifts but Studnicka appears bigger than Bjork or Kuhlman and is more physical than both . Maybe next to Debrusk- Krejci is the right spot . He could bring some much needed jam to that line ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad