Pre-Game Talk: 2020 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp (Phase 3)

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Decided to take some time off with no hockey being played and with the craziness of everything but now with hockey on the way back it's good to be back here as well. I am curies to see how things will look when the games actually starts since I've been watching some soccer games here that are played without an audience and it is pretty strange since you can hear everything and I think it does effect the players as well.

Reactions: DaBolts

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Decided to take some time off with no hockey being played and with the craziness of everything but now with hockey on the way back it's good to be back here as well. I am curies to see how things will look when the games actually starts since I've been watching some soccer games here that are played without an audience and it is pretty strange since you can hear everything and I think it does effect the players as well.
It’s like half the fun honestly (in soccer at least).

What will they do about players cursing?
No ice level mics?
Will they play music in the arenas during breaks?
Have announcers (“a Liiiightning goal...”)?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

No ice level mics?

I've got to figure they'll play music and have announcers. Statisticians and media need to know what's going on too. Many times we've seen a pxp waiting on what the PA announcer says.

Teams were also asking for fans to tape themselves for like 15 seconds doing different crowd things. Cheers after an imaginary goal, chants, etc., but I don't know the actual purpose of those videos.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
NY Mets put fan cutouts behind home plate for last nights intrasquad game

Mets fans can pay $86 for cardboard cutout to be in seats at Citi Field
The Mets announced Tuesday that anybody can participate in their cardboard cutout program for $86. They plan to put the cutout photos of fans in the stands at Citi Field during their 30 scheduled home games during the 2020 season.

The cutouts are free for season-ticket holders who renew their packages for 2021. They get one per seat in their plan. Additional cutouts are available at a discount.

Net proceeds go to the Mets Foundation, the Mets say.
They also experimented with piping in fake crowd sounds

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

No ice level mics?

Oh man, the cursing will be an interesting thing to see how they'll handle.

When it comes to music during breaks I'm going to guess that they will try to have as many commercials as possible when they can but I'm guessing they'll have some music as well but maybe not the songs/chants that are there to get the crowd going and maybe focus on songs to get the teams going but what they really have planned is something we'll see.

One soccer player said that there was a lot less diving when they don't have the audience there to affect the refs, should also be interesting to see.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015

I've got to figure they'll play music and have announcers. Statisticians and media need to know what's going on too. Many times we've seen a pxp waiting on what the PA announcer says.

Teams were also asking for fans to tape themselves for like 15 seconds doing different crowd things. Cheers after an imaginary goal, chants, etc., but I don't know the actual purpose of those videos.

God, he is such a gift to hockey.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
God, he is such a gift to hockey.

Yeah Torts will always be a Lightning legend.

Frankly I think he gets a bad rap because he’s tough on his players and kids today didn’t grow up with the generations of old school coaches who were there to push their team to achieve greatness as opposed to being everybody’s buddy. These days being blunt and telling somebody he’s doing a shit job is considered “abuse”.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Something that I think has been lost in all this is how long the hiatus will be for teams that don't make the playoffs/play-ins.

Detroit would go from March 10th to possibly December 1st without playing any games while the cup finalists had last played in October.

Reactions: DFC

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The Rays are doing cutouts too.

Maybe Jelle had the right idea.

It'll be the fullest and loudest Tropicana Field has been since 2008! Or if they want to actually make it real life they'll only put like 7,700 fan cutouts in the stands and have a few clattering cowbells and the cavernous echo of that one vuvuzela that blows all game. Those poor players....

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Very happy to hear that Stammer seem to be getting better.

I saw that they went with Stammen - Point - Kuch today which doesn't hurt to try even if it does feel like you put all your eggs in one basket with it.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Stamkos played some of the best hockey of his career last year driving his own line. I don't dig it. I don't think it's hip. Im not getting jiggy with it.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad