Pre-Game Talk: 2020 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp (Phase 3)

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Gourde was obviously good in a fourth line roll, but I'd like to see him given more responsibility offensively, at least to start. If Cooper insists on stacking the top line, then something like this would be ideal I think.

Coleman-Cirelli-Killorn
Gourde-Johnson-Palat
Maroon-Paquette-Goodrow

Johnson and Palat together, Killorn and Cirelli have had good chemistry in the past as well.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

a note about "two airports and a plane"

They'd be taking a private plane. I don't think they're waiting at a regular gate to fly Delta.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaBolts

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Did I miss this drama?

Naw... it was less drama and more like Volkov saying stuff like he misses Russian food because American food is too fatty and isn't used to such a small town where there's less places to go on a given day. I took it as the guy being homesick and not knowing how to spend his time in upstate NY and acclimate to a smaller culture. So I get it. He was pretty straightforward about how he thinks guys need to spend time in the AHL before going to the NHL and was very accepting of how much work he needed to put in. But the thing that really threw me for a loop is he talked about how cold it is and said something along the lines of "I can't even take my dog to the park." Yet the weather back home in Moscow is even colder. Come on man...

It was hard to tell if he was being straightforward like Russians are or if he was complaining.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Naw... it was less drama and more like Volkov saying stuff like he misses Russian food because American food is too fatty and isn't used to such a small town where there's less places to go on a given day. I took it as the guy being homesick and not knowing how to spend his time in upstate NY and acclimate to a smaller culture. So I get it. He was pretty straightforward about how he thinks guys need to spend time in the AHL before going to the NHL and was very accepting of how much work he needed to put in. But the thing that really threw me for a loop is he talked about how cold it is and said something along the lines of "I can't even take my dog to the park." Yet the weather back home in Moscow is even colder. Come on man...

It was hard to tell if he was being straightforward like Russians are or if he was complaining.

Reactions: AlwaysSunnyInTampa

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

It was translated to text, maybe he said it jokingly and with a big grin on his face. And even if he felt it was too cold in Syracuse (which could be the case during winter and just him hinting he’d prefer being in sunny Tampa at the time), who cares lol.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014

They'd be taking a private plane. I don't think they're waiting at a regular gate to fly Delta.

This is extremely concerning. I have doubts the Lightning make it to Toronto fully healthy.

It takes more than the players being careful. They have girlfriends, restless kids etc.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

With Florida having 14,000 cases today, and consistently hanging around 12,000 a day. It's a massive risk keeping the team there. It's a risk to Toronto and Edmonton to bring in people from the States. But that is true for anyone coming from the states. America has done such a piss poor job of trying to flatten the curve all in the name of Freedom. Just the concept that 1% of the total population of the States have been infected since February. 5 months, over 3.5 million infected, almost 150,000 dead. And there is absolutely no sign of it slowing down. A vaccine would be absolutely useless in the States because of the sheer volume of anti-vaxxers and the fact that somehow a vaccine will be politicized.

As a Canadian, I understand the fear of bringing all these people from the states.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
With Florida having 14,000 cases today, and consistently hanging around 12,000 a day. It's a massive risk keeping the team there. It's a risk to Toronto and Edmonton to bring in people from the States. But that is true for anyone coming from the states. America has done such a piss poor job of trying to flatten the curve all in the name of Freedom. Just the concept that 1% of the total population of the States have been infected since February. 5 months, over 3.5 million infected, almost 150,000 dead. And there is absolutely no sign of it slowing down. A vaccine would be absolutely useless in the States because of the sheer volume of anti-vaxxers and the fact that somehow a vaccine will be politicized.

As a Canadian, I understand the fear of bringing all these people from the states.
In every state (I think) you have to get your kid vaccinated before they can go to school (if medically able of course), and some more, probably most states, allow for religious exemptions, which states were looking at closing in recent years.

Short term, if you can't get the kids back into school, then somebody has to homeschool them, and parents are finding out that's often miserable.

Vaccines are big pharma though. Politicians will flip the switch.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
In every state (I think) you have to get your kid vaccinated before they can go to school (if medically able of course), and some more, probably most states, allow for religious exemptions, which states were looking at closing in recent years.

Short term, if you can't get the kids back into school, then somebody has to homeschool them, and parents are finding out that's often miserable.

Vaccines are big pharma though. Politicians will flip the switch.
In Australia if you don't vaccinate, you give up your public health care and your kids can not attend public school. I wish Canada would the same thing.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Good news on Stammer

The lateral movements are what made me think it could be a groin issue. On day 1, he didn't really push very hard to start doing laps. That quick motion puts a lot of stress onto the inner thigh/groin area.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
how does this happen in a new building that’s like what two years old ?

If you look at Python's link with the drone footage of Roger's place you can clearly see the area of the roof that keeps getting affected. For reference, you see the two tall buildings. Look at the bottom left corner of the taller building on the left. If that's how it looked in 2018 it's not a wonder the damn thing is broken already. It looks like a damn dorsal fin on a fish or something.

I don't have a degree in architecture but I'm pretty sure the shape of that arena and roof design are the antithesis of structural integrity. It's peak Daryl Katz to not only have a shitty looking building but to have gone over budget and demanded more money from the city while it was being built.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
If you look at Python's link with the drone footage of Roger's place you can clearly see the area of the roof that keeps getting affected. For reference, you see the two tall buildings. Look at the bottom left corner of the taller building on the left. If that's how it looked in 2018 it's not a wonder the damn thing is broken already. It looks like a damn dorsal fin on a fish or something.

I don't have a degree in architecture but I'm pretty sure the shape of that arena and roof design are the antithesis of structural integrity. It's peak Daryl Katz to not only have a shitty looking building but to have gone over budget and demanded more money from the city while it was being built.
The drone video is from 2016 for reference.

How the roof looks is virtually irrelevant (unless its offensive somehow). What matters is being down on the street and seeing the building. Jan Gehl calls it 'bird shit architecture'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad