2020 Season Discussion Thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
My team has scored one (1) touchdown since Kamara scored his 6th

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Koo has been pretty consistent all year, surprised he was even available to begin with lol
He got dropped just that previous week, owner was scared off of the Tampa matchup. He's been a boom/bust type where the booms are huge. I thought it would be better to have that, but I underestimated his floor. Carlson was extremely safe, never gave me a week where he let me down.

I have Allen/Diggs and he has Jordan Poyer. Yahoo projects him with a 2 point advantage, so I actually like my chances to win with Allen having one of his big games. If only I would've played DK over Woods or Gaskin/Zeke over Bell. If I get 1 or 2 Diggs TDs, I'll win with that stack.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Koo has been pretty consistent all year, surprised he was even available to begin with lol

I picked him up as my kicker was on bye. Figured it would be can't lose against a team, who I know from personal experience, sucks. He put up the same amount of points against my sorry Lions as he did today.

Dropped him, added Carlson instead of my previous kicker and haven't looked back. Being near the top is fine with me.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
after an 11-2 season my team decided to jump into a dumpster and proceed to light itself on fire in the final. majority of my lineup had favorable matchups but any givin sunday I suppose. lost m.thomas and then Higgins to covid this week.

Screenshot_20201227-210259_Yahoo Fantasy.jpg

Screenshot_20201227-210239_Yahoo Fantasy.jpg

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Should mention the person I’m losing to had first pick and took McCaffery

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Lost two championships to devante Adams. In one league I had to go against him for 2 of his 3 40+ games this season.

Between them running up the score at all times and refusing to use Jones there for a few weeks during the playoff push in my 3rd league, f*** the packers

edit: yes I’m salty

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
My season is coming down to the Monday nighter. I have Diggs and Adrian Phillips(IDP) and my opponent has Allen and Bass.
I’m up 15 going into tomorrow. Full point PPR. Wish me luck boys

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Corey Davis putting up a goose egg means I had enough points on bench to win.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That Diggs TD has realistically locked it up for me, basically just need Allen and Diggs to outscore Poyer.

I'm calling it, got my championship.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cold Cat

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Lost both my leagues, Mike Evans killed me. One league guy put up 165 to my 147 (full point PPR), other league lost 141-132 (half-point PPR). Both of them had Evans.

Tough weekend but we got a fun fantasy season in a COVID year. I will take it.

See everyone next year!

Reactions: tacogeoff

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Played against Gaskin and Adams and still needed just 3 more points from Allen last night to win and then BUF pulled there starters. SMH.

What screwed me in the end were the 3 non-Cook TDs inside the 5 yard line for MIN and then Pierce vulturing a TD from Montgomery.

I was 10-3 and set a league record for points in a season. (I also led the league in points against or else I'd probably have been 12-1) The guy I lost too was 7-6 and his first pick was Barkley. 'Tis fantasy sports I guess.

I split the pot though and wound up winning my other league so the sting don't hurt as much.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
A friend of mine was in a championship tied going into last night and his opponent had the Pats D who go negative so he wound up winning instead of going to tiebreakers, lol.
Imagine being the other guy and potentially realizing that he would've won the tiebreaker and would've been better off benching the Pats D.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
In one of my leagues the winner had 200 points, half point PPR. He had Watson, Kamara, Gaskin, and Diggs. Even had Agholor and Wilson (RB) on his bench. That is nuts

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Imagine being the other guy and potentially realizing that he would've won the tiebreaker and would've been better off benching the Pats D.

Yea I definitely would have looked into it. I've sat my defense before in a situation like that. If it was a yahoo league I think it defaults to "Higher Seed Wins" unless the commissioner put different rules in place and just adjusts the score accordingly (Bench Points, an alternate player, etc)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Typical fantasy football.

One league, I dominate the regular season, first place, 12-2-1, most points s in the league, then lose both the semifinal (after a bye) and consolation to finish fourth.

Other league, I was sitting at 3-6 after week 9 but won 5 straight to get in the playoffs in fourth place then win my next two matchups by less than five point each to take the championship.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
To start, I had a horrible draft with some real boneheaded moves, like CEH in the 1st, Singletary in the 4th, Fournette in the 6th, and Edelman in the 7th. However, I scored Diggs in the 8th and Rodgers in the 12th.

Well, I barely made the playoffs with a weak 7-6 record, although a few of those losses the fault of my roster choices, it was mostly my lack of a solid RB1.

Quarterfinals, I faced Cook, Montgomery, and James Robinson.

Semifinals, I faced Allen and Kamara.

Championship, I faced Kelce and Adams.

Well, it looked like I used up all of my bad luck early on in the season, because I absolutely rolled the playoffs, winning each game by 15+ points.

Can I just say how Diggs has been on another planet for the past 3 weeks? 30 receptions, 422 yards, and 4 TDs. He's definitely my team's playoff MVP

Last edited:
Reactions: Cold Cat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad