2020 Roster and Fantasy GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Certainly I’d do it. The Islanders wouldn’t though. Dobson is going to be a top pairing all situations D man who’s big, fast and is a RH shot.

Speaking of Dobson it would have been nice for Lou to cut him loose for the WJC since he’s hardly getting any playing time for the Islanders. I understand the Hawks not letting Dach go as he’s actually playing, but Dobson rarely ever plays.

Good post. Yeah definitely wishful thinking on my part, but it’s definitely a deal that I would make in the off-season if the Islanders were down.

That’s one thing that I really wish the Canucks had in their system right now: A modern day version of Brent Seabrook. The “ying” to the “yang” of Quinn Hughes so to speak. I would argue that this is our most pressing need right now. A legit heir apparent to Tanev and that modern day Brent Seabrook type guy.

Last edited:

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Virtanen for Noah Dobson:

I’m not saying that I would do this necessarily, but....

1) Do you think this is fair value?
2) Would you pull the trigger on a deal like this if it was offered to you?
3) If the Canucks had to add here, what would they have to add?
How about Pod and Tramkim? We do not keep Russians happy and I can not spell their names. I would consider adding Tryamkin with Sven or Sutter or Beagle to dump salary for next two/ three years.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
How about Pod and Tramkim? We do not keep Russians happy and I can not spell their names. I would consider adding Tryamkin with Sven or Sutter or Beagle to dump salary for next two/ three years.

Yeah that could definitely work.

I wasn’t thrilled at how Tryamkin bailed on us, but I do like his game. Skates really well for a big man.

Speaking of Tree, I wonder what kind of money he’ll be asking for if he were to return. Tanev will definitely ask for 6, since that’s what Edler and Myers are getting.

What would be a better investment? Tanev at 6 million, or Tryamkin at (4 million?.......I’m completely guessing here) to play on our 2nd pairing?

But yeah - getting back to your point, if the Canucks decide to commit to Tanev, and Tree wants 2nd pairing money, then I think we’d definitely have to consider parting ways with Tree.

ps ———— If Dobson is unattainable, what about a guy like Bode Wilde? He could be had could he not?

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Tanner Pearson for a #4 calibre defenseman IF one of Edler or Tanev was out for an extended period of time (KNOCK ON WOOD)

The way I see it, the Canucks would be in danger if one of Edler or Tanev were to be injured for the entire year.

IF something like that were to happen, I’d propose the following:

1) Trade Pearson for a #4 calibre dman (Jake Gardiner?).

2) Promote Baertschi to the bigs and make him Horvat’s linemate again.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Hoglander
Podkolzin
Madden

-they'll need entry level deals in the line-up with Petterssen and Hughes on their new contracts....

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
would anyone trade for Lius Andersson,,and what would be the cost..Just asking..

Unfortunately, he barely has value at this point in time.

He's not even a PPG player in the Allsvenskan. Burrows got us Dahlen, but he was absolutely ripping the Allsvenskan with Petey centering him.

Probably get a 5th or 6th maybe at most. It would be better to keep him and develop him over the next 3-4 years.

SixtyFour

Aug 7, 2015
What would be a better investment? Tanev at 6 million, or Tryamkin at (4 million?.......I’m completely guessing here) to play on our 2nd pairing?
First of all here is a big question will he return or not. Nikita will fit for the D depth, but highly doubt what we need him as a strong top-4 D for that kind of money. He need to proof what he deserve beeing in a lineup, especially with his history.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
First of all here is a big question will he return or not. Nikita will fit for the D depth, but highly doubt what we need him as a strong top-4 D for that kind of money. He need to proof what he deserve beeing in a lineup, especially with his history.

I think Tryamkin has expressed a great interest in returning to the NHL. You can check his Twitter, etc., for verification.

I’m really interested to see where Tryamkin is at in terms of his level. IF he comes back and IF he proves that he’s capable of being a decent #4 dman, then the Canucks might be able to sign Tryamkin here (to a multi-year deal) and let Tanev go. However, this is under the assumption that Tryamkin doesn’t ask for too much money. If Tryamkin’s asking price is unreasonable, then obviously it would be better to keep Tanev and trade Tree.

I really loved what I saw from Tree when he was last here though. The way he would effortlessly skate and bump people off the puck was beautiful to watch. 2011 is also farther away and so perhaps our coaches won’t be so obsessed in trying to make our players like certain Bruins players (ie Tree is the next Chara, Leipsic is the next Marchand! etc.).

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Tryamkin coming back would be about the most amazing thing ever. I couldn't be a bigger Tryamkin fan. Seeing Tryamkin and Myers on the same defense would be the end of nearly 20 years of an undersized blue line.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Tryamkin coming back would be about the most amazing thing ever. I couldn't be a bigger Tryamkin fan. Seeing Tryamkin and Myers on the same defense would be the end of nearly 20 years of an undersized blue line.

He’s stated a number of times that he’s definitely interested. Given how often Edler and Tanev get injured down the stretch, I worry that it’s almost inevitable that one or both guys will get injured down the stretch (knock on wood). Tryamkin returning would help us in a big way.

Tryamkin and Myers together would be monstrous, but I could see Tryamkin and Hughes being good together as well (ie the “ying” to the “yang.”)

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Would love to see Tryamkin back for another go as a Canuck. He was good enough on a god awful team with god awful coaching. Just imagine how good he'd be in this new era of Canucks hockey! The blueline would have a pretty damn good mix, that's for sure.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Kings fans are offering up Clifford and Toffoli.

A Detroit fan on the main trade board was wanting to send us Athanasiou and Green at 50% retention for futures.

New Jersey, Ottawa and Anaheim would also likely be looking to sell of expiring contracts or older players. Getzlaf would be a solid pick up (even at his cap hit and age), and someone like Pageau may or may not go for a reasonable price..

I want to see players like Podkolzin, Hoglander, Woo, Tryamkin and Madden staying as our prospects, but I can seen Benning targeting players of this caliber. Our first this year is probably not ours, but we need a top six winger and I would argue a 4-5 LHD.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
unfortunately i do see us making a help now trade. that is absolutely aquaman's mo.

i think we will be paying for it from our prospect pool.

about all i can do is hope that we grab a rental and that we also somehow have to move a salary out to accommodate the trade that we are ok to see gone and without paying to do it.

i expect to be disappointed on all fronts.

Horvat1C

Oct 2, 2015
What would you give up for Josh Anderson out of Columbus? His value is likely at a low point right now with him being injured currently and only having 4 points (1 goal) in 26 games. He's a big, tough RW who has shown some offensive ability (27 goals last year) and has a connection with Horvat as they played junior together in London. He's an RFA at the end of the year.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
What would you give up for Josh Anderson out of Columbus? His value is likely at a low point right now with him being injured currently and only having 4 points (1 goal) in 26 games. He's a big, tough RW who has shown some offensive ability (27 goals last year) and has a connection with Horvat as they played junior together in London. He's an RFA at the end of the year.

I'd give Eriksson, Sutter and Myers. Maybe even only one of them.

Ok that is over the top, but in all seriousness how could we even think about adding a player right now with our cap situation without sending salary back?

Horvat1C

Oct 2, 2015
I'd give Eriksson, Sutter and Myers. Maybe even only one of them.

Ok that is over the top, but in all seriousness how could we even think about adding a player right now with our cap situation without sending salary back?

Who said we wouldn't send salary back?

Anderson only makes 1.85 million against the cap for this year. Getting his new contract to fit in next year is where the challenge would lie.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

From now until we re-sign Petey and Hughes, I’d avoid trading for players unless we were getting rid of long term bad contracts for short term rentals (which won’t happen anyways unless the team that we were trading with was on crack).

Move players that don’t fit our plans long term for picks starting this summer.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Pearson, Roussel, Stecher, and Fantenberg:

Couple thoughts:

1) I’m of the opinion that Baertschi and Goldobin, while obviously not great, don’t look completely out of place as NHL’ers.

2) Our lack of depth of top 4 quality defensemen is still a concern to me. Myers needs one of the big 3 to carry him on a second pairing, while Stecher, Benn, and Fantenberg shouldn’t be anywhere near the top 4.

Unfortunately, this is what we’d be possibly looking at IF one of Edler, Hughes, or Tanev got hurt, and given Edler and Tanev’s injury history, it’s almost a matter of when......not if. And that’s just one of those three dmen by the way.

The point I’m getting at is this: Having Baertschi and Goldobin back on our team and on our forward lines isn’t ideal, but it wouldn’t be team crippling either. Even if those guys were to replace Pearson and Roussel, our forward lines as a whole would still be in pretty decent shape........especially when you consider that Sutter and Ferland could be replacing Schaller and Motte fairly shortly. The overall net difference to our forward prowess likely wouldn't change that much.

The action plan of the Hindustan:

1) Trade Pearson for a #4 calibre defenseman. Pearson has increased his value since last year and so they should be able to get a much better return than a Gudbranson type. This dman should only have a contract that is 2 years or less in length. this dman should also be a guy that can easily step into a top 4 role and not look out of place in case of injuries.

2) Trade Roussel for a #4/#5 calibre dman. Similar term and money to Roussel. I’d like to say that Roussel would be able to land us a #4 calibre guy, but I’m probably being too optimistic. However, I think Roussel should be able to get you a guy that is better than Stecher, Benn, and Fantenberg.

3) Trade Stecher for a draft pick. Teams tend to go nutty at the draft and so trade Stecher for a better-than-expected draft pick here.

4) Move one of Schaller and Motte for a pick, and move Fantenberg for a pick.

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen
Ferland-Gaudete-Goldobin
Eriksson-Beagle-Sutter

Motte or Schaller

Hughes-Tanev
Edler-Myers
[RousselTrade]-[PearsonTrade]. (both of these dmen wouldn’t look out of place playing on the top 4 Incase of injuries, both of these dmen would be upgrades on Stecher, Benn, and Fantenberg).

Benn

Markstrom
Demko

Last edited:

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
would anyone trade for Lius Andersson,,and what would be the cost..Just asking..
cant see trading anything of value considering that we have 3 centres under 25 that are looking good....A cap dump or Goldobin in a heart beat. Doubt thats what they are looking for as they probably are looking for a draft pick package. i wouldn't touch that considring we need to mine for defenseman in a big way.

I wonder if Juolevi could be moved for Hayden Fleury from the Canes. 2 high pick defenseman that have dissappointed and could use fresh starts. The Canes have a plethora of Finnish players too so it might be worth a look if OJ doesn't show another gear by the deadline. Could help the void of Edler Fanta and Benn ina couple years or sooner.

What would be the most you guys would pay for Toffoli if Leivo is done for the year for the most part. Picks are off the board for me with the Miller pick gone. I would consider Jet Woo and Baertschi though if we could move his salary to accomodate the cap hit and free up space for next year. I'm not that high on Jet Woo as more than a 3rd pair guy though so would have to have a much more extensive evaluation from the scouts before i move a prospect in a position of weakness unless i'm pretty certain he's not gonna become a top4. Rafferty and Tryamkin in the pipeline make him expendable

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Been hearing Josh Manson's name mentioned. Not sure what it would cost, but a nasty shut down defenseman like Manson would be a awesome addition to this soft blueline.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad