Boston Bruins 2020 PLAYOFFS - THE BEAR invades the Toronto bubble

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
If both flew out, they almost surely would have mentioned it, since it's on everyone's list of worries. Any time Bruins.com has the ability to push out a positive story ("Pastrnak and Kase cleared to fly to Toronto with team", with picture of Pastrnak in a god awful suit), they will.

Now, is "Pasta goes, Kase stays" good enough to push? I mean, I guess it would be, but maybe they sit on it until Monday's media availability.

Here's an interesting rundown on what they're bringing:

By the Numbers: Bubble Bound

I read a headline that said "450 sticks", and I thought that didn't seem like much - 15 sticks per player. With up to 32 games, that means a stick theoretically would have to last 2 games, including practices. But the article itself says they plan to put in an order for more once they get deeper in.

Yeah I hate to be negative, especially when it's purely speculative, but if Pasta and Kase were on that plane, or at least David was, then the Bruins would surely have publicized it. Clearly they expect them to be available at some point, given they're on the final roster, but in the short term this is definitely looking like another setback for the Bs.

I really hope I'm wrong. Will have to see what happens tomorrow I guess.

Reactions: BMC

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Yeah I hate to be negative, especially when it's purely speculative, but if Pasta and Kase were on that plane, or at least David was, then the Bruins would surely have publicized it. Clearly they expect them to be available at some point, given they're on the final roster, but in the short term this is definitely looking like another setback for the Bs.

I really hope I'm wrong. Will have to see what happens tomorrow I guess.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, but here's McAvoy's "Going into the Bubble" video:

No Pasta, no Kase. Then again, no Bergy or Rask (at least that I noticed on my first view), and we're pretty sure they're there.

I think the plan is to shuttle them into the bubble - probably via charter I imagine? - once they've cleared whatever hurdles they need to clear. I presume that's allowed - they're on the roster, so there's no reason for them to be on the roster and taking up a space if it's impossible for them to get in.

As far as a timeline? Dunno. The most pessimistic bone in my body says they'll absolutely be there by Round 1, which starts no earlier than August 11. Optimistic? Maybe Wednesday or Thursday they touch down in Toronto? The truth is likely in the middle, meaning sometime during the round robin, but it's all speculation.

Either way, they'll for sure need some rest from travel and/or practice, especially Kase if he's actually going to play with a line.

Pasta and Kase were in practice on the 15th, and "unfit" on the 16th. If we take two weeks from the 16th, that's this Thursday.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, but here's McAvoy's "Going into the Bubble" video:

No Pasta, no Kase. Then again, no Bergy or Rask (at least that I noticed on my first view), and we're pretty sure they're there.

I think the plan is to shuttle them into the bubble - probably via charter I imagine? - once they've cleared whatever hurdles they need to clear. I presume that's allowed - they're on the roster, so there's no reason for them to be on the roster and taking up a space if it's impossible for them to get in.

As far as a timeline? Dunno. The most pessimistic bone in my body says they'll absolutely be there by Round 1, which starts no earlier than August 11. Optimistic? Maybe Wednesday or Thursday they touch down in Toronto? The truth is likely in the middle, meaning sometime during the round robin, but it's all speculation.

Either way, they'll for sure need some rest from travel and/or practice, especially Kase if he's actually going to play with a line.

Pasta and Kase were in practice on the 15th, and "unfit" on the 16th. If we take two weeks from the 16th, that's this Thursday.

That sounds about right. I'm not sure that the Bruins management has handled their media interactions around this as well as they could have. I get that they rightfully have health privacy protocols that they need to respect, but they've been incredibly vague on the logistical aspects which seems only to stir the pot of speculation for no good reason. The question of will or won't the absent pair get on the plane has almost turned into the last episode of Friends, and we're still sitting in Ross' apartment waiting to see if Pasta walks through the door. The hope has to be that internally the team has a better idea of what's going on and what the lines will look like in the RR and then Round 1 than what's been presented to the media in the last couple of weeks.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
doesn't look like either made it. where's danpantz

Where exactly are you seeing they didn’t make it? Or did you hear that on the radio too like you heard neither were going to be in Toronto at all? If you’re going solely by pictures, then I assume you think Chara didn’t go either? They’re both on the roster. They’re both going to be there, you can put your pitchfork and torch away.

Funny how you keep changing up what you’re complaining about, Maybe just take a chill pill.

Last edited:

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
So Pasta skated on July 15th, and then off the ice. If, for whatever reason, he had to pause for 2 weeks that’s this Wednesday. So regardless of the reason I’m expecting (hoping?!?!) we’ll see him with Bergy and Marchand against Columbus on Thursday....

aguineapig

Started to warm up to the idea of starting up again, but when I saw Krejci saying bye to the young sprouts I realized they won't see Dad again for a month or two.
Check me back in at Heartbreak Hotel again for another week I guess.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Started to warm up to the idea of starting up again, but when I saw Krejci saying bye to the young sprouts I realized they won't see Dad again for a month or two.
Check me back in at Heartbreak Hotel again for another week I guess.
Krug and Acciari posted pics with their kids too. Gotta be really hard especially for Acciari, she was just born a couple weeks ago I think. Hope his wife has some family to help her.

I suspect there may be an NHL baby boom in about nine months....

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
That’s great news that Pastrnak is back. I’m have a gut feeling Kase will be there at the end of week. Hopefully things could start up with no problems but as I said one day at a time.

Let’s Go!

Reactions: bbfan419

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad