GDT: 2020 | "Parce Que Les Oilers" | Phase II Draft Lottery | 12.5% | 8.10.20 | 4:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bored

Jan 13, 2008
quick question. I realize we all have 12.5. After tonight, do the picks fall in line with the winning% from the year? Are losses in OT included in that %?

Yes, the only team who had a better points % than us were the pens. We either pick 1st (if we win), 14th if a team lower than us wins, or 15th if the pens win

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Yes, the only team who had a better points % than us were the pens. We either pick 1st (if we win), 14th if a team lower than us wins, or 15th if the pens win

I took a quick calculation, I did not include the OT loses. I just went wins/games

.507 NSH, MIN, FLA
.514 Leafs
,521 Oilers, Jets
.529 Rangers
.579 Pens

Ill take the win. Its a good problem to have in 3 years paying him. There is a rumour out there that Ottawa will offer the 3rd and 5t plus a player for 1.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
My guess is the NHL wants:
1. NYR
2. Nashville
3. Minnesota
4. Florida
5. Pittsburgh
6. Toronto
7. Edmonton
8. Winnipeg

The Hockey Gords will instead put Lafreniere in Canada. I could also see him in Florida...who move in the next 5 years to Quebec City...

Reactions: Oilhawks

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
The mains will be in shambles if we win the lottery, and I'll enjoy every second of it

.com.google.Chrome.gif

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I wouldnt hate it if Leafs got him just because I think it would be entertaining to see how they eventually have to manage his post-ELC caphit

They can't even afford his ELC caphit, and I would say lol if it wasn't for the fact that the Oilers can't either. Sigh

Also, I ran the tankathon sim 10 times with Pittsburgh winning 4!!! times, Minny twice, zero Oilers but also zero Leafs so all was not lost.

Last edited:

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
They can't even afford his ELC caphit, and I would say lol if it wasn't for the fact that the Oilers can't either. Sigh
I doubt Laf would ever don the jersey, if we even did win the lotto tonight.

We would need to package him with Klef or Nurse for a real #1D.

Ottawa might consider biting on trading Laf for Chabot, so they can still have a star being paid ELC, and we send back salary to make it work (Nurse + Russell?)

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I dont know why but I hope he dont go to the east. I guess I just dont like the Penguins, Rangers, Leafs or Panthers.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I doubt Laf would ever don the jersey, if we even did win the lotto tonight.

We would need to package him with Klef or Nurse for a real #1D.

Ottawa might consider biting on trading Laf for Chabot, so they can still have a star being paid ELC, and we send back salary to make it work (Nurse + Russell?)
that's a horrible idea

a cost-controlled legit top winger in a year or two is invaluable

no panic moves please

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
that's a horrible idea

a cost-controlled legit top winger in a year or two is invaluable

no panic moves please
We score enough goals.
This team has needed a Norris Caliber Dman since Pronger.

Unless Bouch, Bear, or Bro become that guy (not going to hold my breath) we're going to have to acquire one via trade.

Makar and Hughes are looking like they're going to f*** up the west for the next decade.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
We score enough goals.
This team has needed a Norris Caliber Dman since Pronger.

Unless Bouch, Bear, or Bro become that guy (not going to hold my breath) we're going to have to acquire one via trade.

Makar and Hughes are looking like they're going to f*** up the west for the next decade.
who's giving up a top-pairing d-man though? no one
plus, the Oilers have 2 blue-chip defensemen in the system
Oilers need changes on their back-end...but need to be patient with guys like Klefbom, Nurse, Bear and Jones

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
who's giving up a top-pairing d-man though? no one
plus, the Oilers have 2 blue-chip defensemen in the system
Oilers need changes on their back-end...but need to be patient with guys like Klefbom, Nurse, Bear and Jones
It's hard not to think Ottawa wouldn't take a long hard look at Chabot's 8million, and think building their team around Laf might be a better idea for timing, while taking back Nurse to hold the fort.

They'd be looking at walking out of this draft with Laf, Byfield, and Drysdale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad