GDT: 2020 | "Parce Que Les Oilers" | Phase II Draft Lottery | 12.5% | 8.10.20 | 4:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Hmmm. The Rangers are probably one of the more deserving teams to win since their rebuild is still in its early phases. The interesting part is that they just spent $18m/yr for the next 7 seasons moving forward on the LW position. Two guys heading into their 30s and pretty weak up the middle. I think I'll take back that Lafreniere for Calder comment. Not a great landing spot for the kid's immediate production.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
The thing that sucks the most about this is I think it was the last shot the Oilers had at a 1st overall in the McDavid + Draisaitl era.

Don't @ me

Reactions: CanmoreMike

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Says the guy using a homophobic slur.

Why would I be the PC police?

I'd edit it completely if the site would f***ing let me

I thought you were done posting here because the Oilers didn't win the last series, no? Or is that like all your other empty promises to take a break when something so horribly wrong that can never be overcome happens to the team?

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
ALOT of butt cheeks have unclenched in Calgary.

I was hoping for Winnipeg. They are a franchise that deserves some luck and often poached for talent by the big markets like Rangers. I don't like the Rangers hoovering up talent like Trouba, Adam Fox from Canadian teams because they won't play there. The Breadman as a true UFA is different. But will say they seem to have the rebuild figured out.

No shortcut for the Oilers. No soft landing for its fans after another lost year. Now comes some real fancy GM work to try to tool this perennial loser into finally a for real playoff team. Skinny on draft picks after deadline dealing and Cap poor (thanks again Chia!), this is gonna take some magic. Sorry we missed out on our latest prospective Saviour. :(

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I hope he busts now though. It's not unfathomable. Guy does have skating issues.
Laf is also an older draft prospect. Byfield might be better.

But I see no reason to hate the Rangers. Maybe this makes them accelerate things and trade us Georgiev for a D maybe

Reactions: Cloned

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I hope he busts now though. It's not unfathomable. Guy does have skating issues.
Laf is also an older draft prospect. Byfield might be better.

But I see no reason to hate the Rangers. Maybe this makes them accelerate things and trade us Georgiev for a D maybe

Reactions: SDig14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad