2020 OHL draft

James1

Mar 28, 2019
Edit - have word that Fantilli will be joining JRC next year now.
Fantilli
Delic
Wakely
Nelson
Hinkley
Melee
McCoy
Goyette
Poole
Ludwinski
Cooke
Beck
Mehlenbacher
Van Vliet
George
Fegaras
Collins
Stonehouse
Alfano
Buchinger

Last edited:

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Owen Beck and Jonathan Melee look terrific at the OHFs. Both guys are in my end of season top 10. Beck's shot is unreal.

HockeyPro84

Apr 4, 2019
Adam Fantilli should be the top 2020 OHL pick, but sounds like he's going to Shattuck next year, probably NCAA route. After him it's pretty wide open. Personally I think Kocha Delic might have the most skill and upside. Here would be my first round:
Delic
Wakely
Nelson
Hinkley
McCoy
Goyette
Ludwinski
Cooke
Mehlenbacher
Van Vliet
George
Fegaras
Collins
Stonehouse
Alfano
Donovan
Melee
Buchinger
Sirman
Klein

A 1st round with 8 defensemen and only 8 players from the GTHL? Anything is possible, but statistically speaking, this would be a very unusual first round.

- Would be against the odds to have so many players in the first round coming from lower ranked teams.

- Even more against the odds to have that many OMHA players in the first round. The GTHL has had 50-60% or more of all first round picks going for years now.

- Would set a record for most D-men taken in the first round. Historically between 4-6.

James1

Mar 28, 2019
Owen Beck and Jonathan Melee look terrific at the OHFs. Both guys are in my end of season top 10. Beck's shot is unreal.
Yeah you're right, I had not seen Quinte and Eastern Ontario enough, but Beck should be in the first round for sure, and Melee might be one of the best players in this draft. His skill level is much higher than I thought.

James1

Mar 28, 2019
A 1st round with 8 defensemen and only 8 players from the GTHL? Anything is possible, but statistically speaking, this would be a very unusual first round.

- Would be against the odds to have so many players in the first round coming from lower ranked teams.

- Even more against the odds to have that many OMHA players in the first round. The GTHL has had 50-60% or more of all first round picks going for years now.

- Would set a record for most D-men taken in the first round. Historically between 4-6.
I mean we're looking a year out and the list is going to change plenty over the next year. Just a preliminary thing I thought I would try to contribute.
I would also point out that last year there were 7 D taken in the first round, and the first 11 names on that list all come from top 6 teams. Melee should be moved up into the top 5 there, I think I'd put him between Hinkley and McCoy at this point. I'd also put Owen Beck in there around Brice Cooke. I think all 8 of those D are really solid though and will all be first round considerations.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Yeah you're right, I had not seen Quinte and Eastern Ontario enough, but Beck should be in the first round for sure, and Melee might be one of the best players in this draft. His skill level is much higher than I thought.

Just about my exact thoughts on both guys. Always knew that Melee had a nice shot and good puck protection because of his strength and size, but he's much more talented with the puck than i'd recalled-and a very good playmaker. I couldn't find a hole in his game. He'd be in my end of the year top 5 as well.

Reactions: James1

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
Here’s my top 10 of players at the OHF this week. Those guys made things happen the whole tournament. They we’re leaders for their team.

Isiah George
Matthew Jovanovic
Dalyn Wakely
Cedrick Guindon
Paul Ludwinski
David Goyette
Cooper Matthews
Devin Mauro
Donovan McCoy
Kocha Delic

Best Goaler

Liam Sztuska

Final at 7:30 between Marlies and Titans.

Mtlhockey

Mar 15, 2019
Here’s my top 10 of players at the OHF this week. Those guys made things happen the whole tournament. They we’re leaders for their team.

Isiah George
Matthew Jovanovic
Dalyn Wakely
Cedrick Guindon
Paul Ludwinski
David Goyette
Cooper Matthews
Devin Mauro
Donovan McCoy
Kocha Delic

Best Goaler

Liam Sztuska

The list is incorrect, many others players stood out at OHF cup,

Last edited by a moderator:

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017

Isiah George
Matthew Jovanovic
Dalyn Wakely
Cedrick Guindon
Paul Ludwinski
David Goyette
Cooper Matthews
Devin Mauro
Donovan McCoy
Kocha Delic

Best Goaler

Liam Sztuska

Great info thanks could you list what teams these guys play with for those of us that don’t know..thanks again

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Was able to watch parts of the Titans/Marlies game online. Players mentioned above that were really good I thought -- Delic, George, Ludwinski, Jovanovic

All guys to keep watch on as the 2019-20 game goes on

Mtlhockey

Mar 15, 2019
so you created a username just to run on here and tell someone that was ranking an age group that you should really have nothing to do with that he was doing it wrong?

:huh:

ok
All wrong, overall the list is accurate, 1 or 2 could easily be replaced (according the OHF cup performance)

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
As this summer hits and I start to look at kids for the USA Hockey Select 15 Camp (2004 Birth Year) in June I'll have more to note. But based on what I've seen from some kids playing up Seamus Casey (Compuware), Tyler Duke (Compuware) and Devin Kaplan (North Jersey Avalanche) are can't miss players from some OHL draft territory south of the border

I wrote a few notes on Kaplan in the 2019 OHL Draft page from seeing him at a Tier 1 Elite League showcase in January playing up against some good kids in the 02 birth year 16U. He's a dominant player that has size, speed, and a quick release. He can get up and go too and strip pucks. He had 4 goals in his first two games at the USA Hockey 16U Nationals against a good Chicago Mission and Compuware team. I seriously think he's the best 04 in the states right now. But committed to BU and will for sure get an invite to play for the NTDP next year if he wants it.

Tyler Duke showed very well in the Silverstick showcase and the 16U Nationals too. Walks the line very well, has his head up, can gap up on guys and knock the puck loose. I was really impressed by his puck distribution on the power play at the USA Nationals. He's also used in all situations as well, was out late in the game when they were trying to get an equalizer vs North Jersey. He's committed to Notre Dame. Another NTDP prospect. His older brother Dylan was drafted by Saginaw in the 2019 priority.

Seamus Casey I saw at the Silverstick and thought he was okay but it was a limited viewing, others here in the states really like him though so I put him in here. Can't comment to much on him, but scouts will be watching.

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018
You should look at hockeyrating.com

My son is 26 :). not listed anymore for minor midet
Whoever you are, you’re doing your son a major disservice by stirring the pot. If his goal is to advance in hockey, I’d suggest stepping back and let him just play his game without interference

Teams will avoid players entirely with parents who create issues.

All the best

8711hockey

Jan 1, 2014
Anyone know what an OHL scout makes? I hear 3-5k a year depending on experience and organization .
Does this sound about right to anyone?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad