2020 OHL draft

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Terrific list, and bang on with most of the comments on the guys featured.

Interesting that you guys featured Lavoie from the Jr Canadiens. You could throw all their names in a hat, pick one out, and make a good argument why they're the best forward on the team. I like Podolioukh quite a bit.

JohnnyD8024

Apr 30, 2019
Some reasonable prospects in there for sure, but other choices and absences are head scratchers, so the whole list loses credibility.

Outside of Isiah George, the top players on JRC and Marlies aren't even listed.

Ludwinski is by far the best forward on the Marlies. Cooke is the best overall forward on JRC if Fantilli doesn't return. That doesn't necessarily make them top OHL prospects, as those teams didn't rely on individual stars, but you can't put a credible list together and pick other forwards ahead of them.

Playing a year up shouldn't qualify you as a top prospect unless you can make and help a strong 03 team win against top competition. Not sure getting pummelled most every game by better teams is the right recipe for development.

Sure, the game is changing, but with a couple exceptions, this is a short group of players and size still matters in the OHL. Little chance that most of the top 25 players in Ontario will be 5'9 or under come draft time.

When it comes to prospects, follow the money. The big agencies will always find and back the top players and their interest is strictly capitalism - who has a shot to play pro.

James1

Mar 28, 2019
It isn't my list and it doesn’t say it's a list of the top 25 prospects, it's a list of "25 Players to Watch" and provides a scouting report. There's no ranking or claim that these are the best players.

Last edited:

sudburydinnerjacket

May 28, 2019
Gthl Forwards:

A short list of players I believe will be the highest picked forwards out of the GTHL next year.

Fantilli
Ludwinski
Delic
(Top 3 forwards on the top 3 teams)
Cook
Puley
Sebastian
Boniauto
Simpson
moldenhauer
Lavoie
Andrade
Castle

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
I've always believed that there's no point looking ahead of the previous draft until the mock drafts come out closer to draft day of a given year.

Since the 2019 OHL draft has recently come and gone a 03's are being signed to playing agreements. The 04' class will sort itself out when its supposed to usually the OHL cup every season gives a fairly good measuring stick of the talent coming into the league the following season.

Wing the wong number

Jul 6, 2019
The goalies on that list are interesting two teams that dont give up many shots a game but somehow have all these incredible attributes but couldn't get their game together when it really counted.

Reactions: Mtlhockey

Wing the wong number

Jul 6, 2019
That parent how? I have no skin in the goalie game. I thought the description of their game seemed kinda fictitious considering where they play and the outcomes of their seasons.

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
That parent how? I have no skin in the goalie game. I thought the description of their game seemed kinda fictitious considering where they play and the outcomes of their seasons.
Why not give us some names of some up and coming goalies instead of criticizing the 2 guys on a watch list?

Reactions: OHL4Life

Wing the wong number

Jul 6, 2019
I'm not sure if there was actual criticism of those two players ; it was more a commentary on how they were presented in script.

Goalies I've seen and liked throughout minor hockey in no particular order
Jacob Oster
Nolan Lalonde
Jackson Parsons
Cole Sheffield
Kaleb Ethier
Kyle Downey
Ethan Morrow
These are a few off the top of my head that my boy has played with that I thought were exceptional. Time will tell what happens but I honestly think these boys are a few to make note of

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I'm not sure if there was actual criticism of those two players ; it was more a commentary on how they were presented in script.

Jacob Oster
Nolan Lalonde
Jackson Parsons
Cole Sheffield
Kaleb Ethier
Kyle Downey
Ethan Morrow
These are a few off the top of my head that my boy has played with that I thought were exceptional. Time will tell what happens but I honestly think these boys are a few to make note of

i think when you create an account and the first post is a bit of a shot towards guys who are liked and provide good free content, you get everyones back up. i agree that the words are questionable at times, not every player is a stud or fantastic or awesome as they write, a 10th round pick cant be elite, but overall the content is good for what they charge us...nada.

PuckTalk1122

Sep 3, 2013

Jacob Oster
Nolan Lalonde
Jackson Parsons
Cole Sheffield
Kaleb Ethier
Kyle Downey
Ethan Morrow

Rowan Kimens? MVP of the Bantam OHF's for Toronto Titans

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Recap of what I got to see on Day 1:

Here's a few general thoughts:

The Titans are a complete power house. They can roll Delic, Melee, Simpson and Moldenhauer between 3 lines...Scary.

Jr Canadians are again super strong. All of Nelson, Buchinger, and Sirman are very good powerplay QBs...Playing on the same team

I was impressed with the quality of the SCTA teams. Hamilton and Burlington both got trampled, but they both had a nice depth of skilled players-Halton and Oakville too. Southern Tier and Guelph are quality, but I didn't know the league was this deep.

Only saw one bad team on the day. Nice depth, in general, to this class.

Individual players who impressed:

Kocha Delic, Titans: He was snakebit...could have had a barrel of points. When he's on(he's enigmatic), he's just as dynamic of a player as Fantilli. His passing, in particular, today was wonderful.

Matthew Morden, Titans: Keep getting better and better...Looks like Owen Power out there(not quite as commanding of a skater). Love how competitive he is.

Ty Nelson, Jr Canadiens: Part of a new wave of defensemen. Doesn't need size because of how mobile and elusive he is. Highly intelligent, had the puck on a string, was looking to make plays all night. Terrific player.

Adrien Rebelo, Hamilton Bulldogs: Tough to stand out when you play a powerhouse team...Even still, Rebelo had some high end moments. Skill and size, but also very clever.

Ryan McGuire, Burlington Eagles: Tons of heart, laid it all out there. Speedy as hell too.

Fantilli: Not much more that needs to be said, crazy good player. Two things that stood out tonight: He's surprisingly unselfish and his compete is terrific.

Jake Sederoff: Impossible not to love how he plays. Serious speed and zero fear(he's small). Highly competitive.

Hayden Simpson: Had a hell of a game. Very, very poised with the puck despite a small frame. Skill/IQ. The puck just finds him. Had a beautiful hail mary pass that resulted in a goal. Plays with a real maturity.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Watched the Marlies vs. Sudbury game earlier today. Sudbury clearly outmatched in every way. Marlies have four players I believe have a 1st Round grade:

Paul Ludwinski - easily the most gifted offensive forward on the ice and on his team as a whole. Kid never stops moving, has very good vision, and is a skilled playmaker. 4 assists in the morning game today.

Isaiah George - awesome in all areas on the ice. Good poise, smooth feet, had size, and can make tape to tape passes from almost anywhere on the ice. I'd be pressed to see if there are many, other dmen in this class that can check off all boxes on the chart.

Matthew Jovanovic - identical report to George, I think he has better North/South speed than his teammate, but all in all, early on he checks off all the boxes you're looking for in a dman

Lorenzo Bonaiuto - forward with good size and skill. Looks like a 50/50 threat (meaning he's as good a passer as he is a finisher). Was quite dominant and had his stamp on the game.

Reactions: Daneurism

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Big believer in Isaiah George. He's stood out against all competition i've seen him play against. He's so well rounded from a skill perspective. Poised and smart too.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Won't happen but imo, Delic, Melee, Simpson and Moldenhauer are all first round talents.

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
some players i like as high picks from titans tourney that maybe havent been mentioned much (havent read everything)
nats--
farrow

jrc--
17 fimis

s tier-
11 leblanc

elgin-
19 haight

london -18 mcconnell barker

quinte
13 e brown
92 beck
93 mccoy

early 1st round locks to me

jrc
91 fantilli (stretch there!)
19 castle
17 fimis
marlies
8 ludwinski
13 bonaiuto
84 george
titans
12 delic
80 melee
london
18 mcconnell barker
quinte
13 a brown
92 beck

didnt see all teams and not convinced 100% on others just yet....agree? disagree? all in fun

James1

Mar 28, 2019
some players i like as high picks from titans tourney that maybe havent been mentioned much (havent read everything)
nats--
farrow

jrc--
17 fimis

s tier-
11 leblanc

elgin-
19 haight

quinte
13 e brown
92 beck
93 mccoy

jrc
19 castle
17 fimis
marlies
8 ludwinski
13 bonaiuto
84 george
titans
12 delic
80 melee
london
18 mcconnell barker
quinte
13 a brown
92 beck

didnt see all teams and not convinced 100% on others just yet....agree? disagree? all in fun

JRC could have 4 D go in the first round or two as well. Van Vliet, Sirman, Buchinger and Nelson are all elite talents, and I think Best will probably go in the first few rounds too.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
nats--
farrow

jrc--
17 fimis

s tier-
11 leblanc

elgin-
19 haight

quinte
13 e brown
92 beck
93 mccoy

jrc
19 castle
17 fimis
marlies
8 ludwinski
13 bonaiuto
84 george
titans
12 delic
80 melee
london
18 mcconnell barker
quinte
13 a brown
92 beck

Interested that you have A Brown and Beck as the D+F from Quinte. From what I've seen, Donovon McCoy (D) and Dalyn Wakely (F) are their 2 first round potential guys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->