2020 OHL draft

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
I highly doubt that. They cannot afford to. How do you sell that to fans? That place is empty already as it is.
I guess we will soon see. Too much of a risk not to, if NB doesn't Niagara will so I don't see him falling past #2 if we don't take him, but we will (as of today) there is still lots of time for things to change.
Abbott will have the final say on this one and I think his ego leads him to picking Fantilli and I'm ok with that. It won't change my ticket buying habits.

Reactions: barclayplager

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I guess we will soon see. Too much of a risk not to, if NB doesn't Niagara will so I don't see him falling past #2 if we don't take him, but we will (as of today) there is still lots of time for things to change.
Abbott will have the final say on this one and I think his ego leads him to picking Fantilli and I'm ok with that. It won't change my ticket buying habits.

But then you have nobody coming in to help this team get any better.... there’s no progress. So that’ll just lead to another season of mediocrity... you think Fantilli will come to NB when he sees another below .500 season? No chance.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
But then you have nobody coming in to help this team get any better.... there’s no progress. So that’ll just lead to another season of mediocrity... you think Fantilli will come to NB when he sees another below .500 season? No chance.
Ok. Thanks for writing our season off next year. I'll comfortably state that we end up with a better record that the Petes.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
eliteprospects has Borgesi at 5'10/146 lol

2020 Youth Olympic Games Roster

My height/weight for Vinny was a very educated guess from seeing him play.
The link above is from Hockey USA it is the team roster for Team USA at the junior Olympics in Switzerland. I am hoping Hockey USA took precautions to insure the right stats before they published the roster.
My post was to say that IMO Vinny is as good or better than Nelson but IMO to small to play in the OHL.

I was upset with your post.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Yes, the Hockey News reports that Fantilli's intention is to play with his brother (Chicago, USHL) for the 2020-2021 season and then perhaps play in the O (or U.S. college) in 2021-2022.
It's still possible that he's drafted and plays in the O in 2020-2021. A tender simply means that Fantilli's committed to play for Chicago IF he opts for the USHL. A tender does not commit him to any particular league. In other words, he's open to play in another league (e.g. OHL) in 2020-2021. Question is: which team will select him? And, would that team be prepared to wait a season given that Chicago is his likely destination for 2020-2021? I smell some backdoor deal!

Idk, literally everything he’s ever done has said he wants to go NCAA

-Says his goal is to play NCAA in an interview after his bantam season
-Leaves best minor midget team in the country to play US prep hockey
-Goes on recruiting visit to Michigan and UND
-Signs with USHL instead of going 1st overall to OHL

Last edited:
Reactions: nelli27

nopuckluck74

Mar 6, 2020
Idk, literally everything he’s ever done has said he wants to go NCAA

-Says his goal is to play NCAA in an interview after his bantam season
-Leaves best minor midget team in the country to play US prep hockey
-Goes on recruiting visit to Michigan and UND
-Signs with USHL instead of going 1st overall to OHL

Well, we don't really know if they were the best team in the country because they never play anyone in Canada outside Ontario:)

That's us Ontario people making leaps like we always do.

Weren't the best team without him though - that's for sure.

I agree though, at some point, it just looks like he wants to play in the U.S. and go NCAA, which isn't all that hard to understand is it?

An incredibly flat draft after the number 1 spot - wide open. Scouts have to be asking themselves - if this kid didn't play on a stacked and high profile team, would we be ranking them the same?

Who are the players that have still stood out without having any supporting cast?

Perhaps there is a game changer later in the draft that has yet to emerge.

Tyson Foerster has done pretty well for a 3rd round (and almost 4th round pick). Better than a lot of guy picked ahead of him.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

Weren't the best team without him though - that's for sure.

I agree though, at some point, it just looks like he wants to play in the U.S. and go NCAA, which isn't all that hard to understand is it?

An incredibly flat draft after the number 1 spot - wide open. Scouts have to be asking themselves - if this kid didn't play on a stacked and high profile team, would we be ranking them the same?

Who are the players that have still stood out without having any supporting cast?

Perhaps there is a game changer later in the draft that has yet to emerge.

Tyson Foerster has done pretty well for a 3rd round (and almost 4th round pick). Better than a lot of guy picked ahead of him.

They went 28-3-2 and finished 1st in the GTHL (12 points ahead of the team in 2nd) and then won the GTHL playoffs. Yeah, they were still a very good team lol. JRC and Quinte are easily the 2 best Ontario teams this season

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Unfortunately guys like Fantilli don't stay on the the prospects list very long if they're as talented as everyone touts they are.

Fantilli is rated in the first round on any list I've seen his name appear for the coming draft no he may not go exactly 1st overall in the draft but he will go in the early rounds. Most likely late 1st to either London or Ottawa will most likely snap him up before the 2nd round selections are made. If anybody thinks that this kid is going to be available that long is only fooling themselves. Top guys never stick around any longer than late first round or early 2nd on draft day.

nopuckluck74

Mar 6, 2020
Unfortunately guys like Fantilli don't stay on the the prospects list very long if they're as talented as everyone touts they are.

Fantilli is rated in the first round on any list I've seen his name appear for the coming draft no he may not go exactly 1st overall in the draft but he will go in the early rounds. Most likely late 1st to either London or Ottawa will most likely snap him up before the 2nd round selections are made. If anybody thinks that this kid is going to be available that long is only fooling themselves. Top guys never stick around any longer than late first round or early 2nd on draft day.

That will be a total waste of a draft pick for anyone who has done their research and knows the situation and family. Times are changing.

He wants to play NCAA. He is going to play NCAA. Every single thing he has done shows he wants to play NCAA with his brother. That's what he is going to do. Time to move on. It looks like a duck, walks like a duck...it's a duck.

Why is that so hard for people to understand? The world is changing - the OHL has been trending down for years now in producing the top NHL prospects. If you can play in the USHL (for a top team like Chicago Steel) and go to a top NCAA program, and get an education, why wouldn't you do that?

If you have the talent, you can do whatever you want - you will still make it to the show. If something doesn't work out perfectly going the NCAA route, you have 6-7 years to show what you can do, as opposed to 2 years in the OHL, where if you haven't proven you are an elite player, the NHL teams will put you on the back burner, if they put you anywhere at all.

I expect to see a lot more in the future take a similar path.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020

Fantilli will not get out of the top 5. Too much value for him, even if he doesnt report.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I see a lot of top 5 suggestions. However, does anyone care to suggest possible selections in the 15-20 range? I am obviously looking who may be a good pick for Flint at #16. Probably a Center or forward. Thank you.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I see a lot of top 5 suggestions. However, does anyone care to suggest possible selections in the 15-20 range? I am obviously looking who may be a good pick for Flint at #16. Probably a Center or forward. Thank you.

Carson Christy, Matthew Poitras, Jonathan Melee, Sam Alfano might be options in around that range

Reactions: TcNorth

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
who does North Bay select if they don't go Fantilli
hard to say, nobody feels like they have that 1st overall hype like Fantilli wouldve.. after Fantilli there seems to be a block of 4 or 5 players around the same level.

the dog

May 16, 2014
hard to say, nobody feels like they have that 1st overall hype like Fantilli wouldve.. after Fantilli there seems to be a block of 4 or 5 players around the same level.
Yes most have ncaa commits

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Just a friendly reminder that some websites will be making available to subscribers (only) a final list of OHL draft prospects. This material is copyright protected so kindly refrain from posting such lists as much as we all would like to see them. At times, some sites will release a top 10 or 20 list free to the public, so obviously that list can be reproduced. Very Barrie. Com has provided a top 200 free to the public. See p. 11 of this thread.
If you are not sure about whether it's ok to post a list, consider this rule of thumb, if you have to pay to see it, then don't post it here".

MOD

Reactions: AnonymousHockey

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
Anybody seen Luca play? Can he play In the OHL? If he could, North Bay might draft Adam Fantilli first overall then go to the family, offer a spot on the team to Luca. Give Luca a good OHL CIS package and give Adam a first round package that he might not take advantage of if he as good as everyone says. North Bay could get two players for 2/3 years for the price of one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad