Speculation: 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
How do you figure? Dillon and DeMelo are both better players and younger than Sekera.
Sekera is a decent to even good third pairing guy.
Dillon and DeMelo are both 2nd pairing guys.
It seems with Dillon, Niskanen and Goligoski that we had in our organization the returns on what we received for them are extremely sup par looking back.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Just another (Also Niskanen) D man that we traded away who turned out way better than what our return dictated.

Not really. We got a better player in Demers back. We just didn't re-sign that player.

Dillon was also sort of unhappy here before he was traded.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Just another (Also Niskanen) D man that we traded away who turned out way better than what our return dictated.
We got Demers and a pick for him and Demers was a decent player while he was here.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
We got Demers and a pick for him and Demers was a decent player while he was here.
It just seems the players that have moved on in a trade have gone on to be pretty good D men for some good teams and made a big impact. I never wanted to see Dillon or Niskanen go and would of wished we got better ROI. Demers wasn't to bad but Dillion was better. Packaging up Niskanen and Neal for Goligoski + 5th (Nicholas Caamano) was also not the best ROI. Our D issues seem to be behind us but man looking at these guys succeed then realize what we have to show for them is minimal.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It just seems the players that have moved on in a trade have gone on to be pretty good D men for some good teams and made a big impact. I never wanted to see Dillon or Niskanen go and would of wished we got better ROI. Demers wasn't to bad but Dillion was better. Packaging up Niskanen and Neal for Goligoski was also not the best ROI.

The Niskanen move was not good because he was just a throw-in but i allways thought Dillon was overrated and the team badly needed a RHD which they got back and who also was the better player in Demers. I still don't think Dillon is all that good .

The pick we got back also still has a chance to turn into an NHL player . Its Fredrik Karlström who we signed to his ELC in the summer.

Reactions: LT

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I have a hard time seeing a solid 19-20 minute a night D man for under $4 million as anything besides a good piece of business.

I'm not 100% convinved DeMelo is that on a good NHL team. He certainly wasn't it on a pretty good Sharks team .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I have little doubt that he'll prove you wrong.

Maybe . May also turn into a right handed David Schlemko who analytics people loved but i allways found incredibly unimpressive. He also signed a 4 year deal at around that age at a similar caphit ( if you take in the lower cap back then ) and ended up bought out.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Maybe . May also turn into a right handed David Schlemko who analytics people loved but i allways found incredibly unimpressive. He also signed a 4 year deal at around that age at a similar caphit ( if you take in the lower cap back then ) and ended up bought out.
How dare you insult that Dallas great.
Man's a legend and will have his jersey retired any day now

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Would've thought Bow might had a chance to get a deal but i guess not. Never put up particular good AHL numbers.
Wonder who they will sign to potentially start in the ahl/backup Oettinger if he's down there. They can't think point is capable

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Below average AHL goalies don't deserve pro contracts

Well as things currently stand the only AHL goalie is Colton Point who so far has been even less impressive than Bow and mostly played backup in the ECHL .

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box

Interesting, don't see the comparison. Schlemko always made risky breakout passes and was considered an adventure in his own end for most of his career. DeMelo has been pretty safe and steady in his zone; good complimentary piece.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Are there any rules preventing the re-signing of the non-qualified players at a lower rate?

No .... but that traditionally only applies to NHL players on 1 way contracts. If you're on a two-way contract in the AHL, and you don't get a QO ... your time in the organization is over.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Pretty good deal for the Sens. They needed a goalie and the price isn't too high. They had 4 2nd rounders.

Wonder how much money he wants to sign with the Sens.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Only a 2nd ... hmm ... I know goalies aren't great trade assets, but I would have thought more than a low 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad