Speculation: 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
A team with Matt Duchene and Taylor Hall as best forwards ? Yeah no thats not a winning core.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
A forward who likes to hold onto the puck and make plays in the O zone? I'll take that. I like this Faksa more

serp

Jan 17, 2016

So basically Vegas is trying to completely get rid of Fleury salary. They're trying to find another team that eats the 50% retain of MAF that they otherwise would be stuck with and that team would get a pick.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I don’t know how you could watch the last two months of stars hockey and come away with “yeah klingbergs the expendable one, not the other guy on his pair that got pyloned twice a game”

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
[Dallas Stars] We have submitted qualifying offers to the following four players: Radek Faksa, Denis Gurianov, Roope Hintz, and Joel L'Esperance.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That probably means you can’t send Cogliano the other way either.

Unlikely . Vegas will try to make another insane splash and they need to clear major salary to do so. Now will they be able to dump enough salary to add more talent ? I don't know but they'll try. Their ownership will do anything do win ASAP .

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Should trade Klingberg now. He’s peaked in stonks right now, maximize asset value
Why? I would hope the goal is to make another cup run. That is a rebuild move. Klingberg trade better have a Star 1C coming back if he gets traded. He has too much value.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Unlikely . Vegas will try to make another insane splash and they need to clear major salary to do so. Now will they be able to dump enough salary to add more talent ? I don't know but they'll try. Their ownership will do anything do win ASAP .
Must be nice

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Yeah, the only guy on the market (or rumored to be) I’d be comfortable trading Klingberg for is Eichel. And even that’s tough when you consider salary.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Must be nice

I don't think the way Vegas is building that team will lead to a cup though. Ownership got blinded by the first year and went all-in on including selling a ton of future assets for not so great players.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I don't think the way Vegas is building that team will lead to a cup though. Ownership got blinded by the first year and went all-in on including selling a ton of future assets for not so great players.
No doubt some of the moves have been dumb but would 100% rather have the team proactively trying to improve instead of maintain status quo

serp

Jan 17, 2016
No doubt some of the moves have been dumb but would 100% rather have the team proactively trying to improve instead of maintain status quo

Meh that team has almost no young players. Once their current core ages out they'll be bad for a long time because i think Foley might lose interest once the team is no longer competetive.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Meh that team has almost no young players. Once their current core ages out they'll be bad for a long time because i think Foley might lose interest once the team is no longer competetive.
Because Dallas core is so young right. Outside of Heiskanen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad