2020 Offseason Thread Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah there would have to be another deal where we trade a Dman....Ghost because we would just have too many D.

Provy Savard
Sanheim Myers
Gus Braun
Ghost Hagg Friedman

I don't see it happening....but for cap relief I woukd do it then make other moves as well.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Imagine the same scenario we are in now, but also Chuck signed Grant and Thompson.
0bf8f2953cf530a861f72ea108a6a9d4.png

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Yeah there would have to be another deal where we trade a Dman....Ghost because we would just have too many D.

Provy Savard
Sanheim Myers
Gus Braun
Ghost Hagg Friedman

I don't see it happening....but for cap relief I woukd do it then make other moves as well.

Don't know much about Savard. Is he legitimately top pair-capable?

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Yeah i'll take him.

If this is real, the hell yes. Makes great sense cap-wise, and allows us to maybe even move another piece. Would also make room for a younger player, increase speed up front.

So straight up for JVR, promote a hungry and speedy kid as 3 LW (assuming 4th line of Raffl/Laughton/NAK) and then flip Hagg for a pick.

pretty-please.jpg

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Not particularly. But I would understand the rationale if it is to move JVR.

Then again, it's one less legitimate expansion draft fodder.

Is any other team as obsessed with L/R defense as the Flyers?

The Cup Champions, for one. They went out and got Bogosian, and also played Luke Schenn in the playoffs. And they just re-signed Cernak and Rutta to give them 3 RHD in their top 7. Rutta getting 2 x $1.3m is quite surprising for a capped out team. He barely played last season.

Tampa Bay Lightning - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Ghost played with Hagg a lot last season, and I'd expect Gustafsson to play mainly the right side in 2021 since only two of the top 7 are RHD.

Last edited:
Reactions: flyersnorth

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If you get Savard, your 3rd pair is Ghost/Gus - Braun, with Hagg and Friedman on the bench.
In that case, Gus might be the odd man out since he's been primarily a RHD the last few years.

But I'd have to think this would be a Jan 10th trade, i.e., after a week of scrimmages, AV and Fletcher sit down and decide what they need to do to be ready for the season.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Probably need to throw in another asset but it's interesting for sure. Wouldn't they want a D back tho if they are in compete now mode? Asking for JVR and Gus/Gost maybe? Then Flyers get an additional pick/prospect maybe.

Reactions: renberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad