Speculation: 2020 Offseason Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Seriously though, I don’t think they will even have fans until later in the season or when playoffs start.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Sounds like things are moving in the right direction. Money was always going to be the biggest thing and they are now over the hurtle

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Great. Western Division plus Stars. If 28 road games, equally split, 8 games at 8PM (CO and AZ) and 20 at 9-10 PM starts (depending on when the individual home teams start.)

Lots of late night TV watching, assuming they are competitive enough to be worth staying up late for.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I may have missed it but does that mean teams only play teams in their division?

I don't think anything is official, and it sounds like a great deal is still on the table. There's still a possibility of bubbles were teams are in 2 weeks and out 1 week.

I think the thing I've heard most consistently, unless it's changed recently, is teams could start in division only, and they might try games outside of the division later.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Forbes has the new rankings out for NHL value. Stars are 12th, down about the average of the NHL, which had a 4% drop in overall value. Said the operating income was only $4.5Mil for the Stars, a lot lower than the so called rich teams, but at least it wasn't a loss. Have to believe that the playoffs would have made this a very profitable year, if played in normal format.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Got an email from the Stars yesterday, saying they were suspending the collection of my season ticket payments until the schedule was clarified. Saw on the NHL boards here the the Bruins and maybe another team did the same thing. Not sure if that means there is some talk of total cancellation or further push back of the start and fewer games, or what. I know they have already collected 8 of my 10 payments, so its not that great a deal for us, and they could have suspended payments sooner in theory.

I know they need the money, so I wasn't too upset that they didn't, and figured my full season would be split into two later on, or whatever proportions ended up happening.

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
Got an email from the Stars yesterday, saying they were suspending the collection of my season ticket payments until the schedule was clarified. Saw on the NHL boards here the the Bruins and maybe another team did the same thing. Not sure if that means there is some talk of total cancellation or further push back of the start and fewer games, or what. I know they have already collected 8 of my 10 payments, so its not that great a deal for us, and they could have suspended payments sooner in theory.

I know they need the money, so I wasn't too upset that they didn't, and figured my full season would be split into two later on, or whatever proportions ended up happening.
With the Canadian provinces apparently not approving play in Canada yet I have a feeling the season will be delayed again.

I saw there was talk of some American cities hosting the Canadian teams for the season.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The chance that Dallas re-signs Perry is pretty slim. They can afford a $950K player basically right now (sending Dowling to the AHL and the remaining cap space they have).

LTIR for Seguin, Johns, and Bishop will give them plenty of space for injury call ups, but all that space evaporates since Seguin and Bishop should return prior to the playoffs. For that reason, they can't earmark any of that LTIR space towards an UFA safely.

I would not be surprised at all if they do bargain shop for a veteran forward, but I think Perry will probably not be that guy, and he'll probably look for bonuses that Dallas shouldn't waste on him at this point with a flat cap, potential major bonuses earned by Heiskanen this season, and a massive new contract t Heiskanen next year.

I think they'll focus on a center. Soderberg seems plausible. Granlund and Haula probably are out of their price range.

Reactions: Victory Avenue

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Assuming the vote passes which seems likely, Dallas did end up in the Central like Russo and other's speculated. Sort of sucks for Dallas IMO.

Each division will have 4 make the playoffs, the winner of the division round goes to the Conference Finals. If Dallas wants to advance this year, they'll be playing Tampa Bay now in Round 1 or Round 2 of the playoffs. I think the Pacific is a much weaker division. CAR, CLB, DAL, NAS, and TB all have a shot at the playoffs likely in this year's Central. CAR, CLB, and TB would be really tough Round 1 and Round 2 opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad