Speculation: 2020 Offseason Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Top prospects for Dallas Stars

The worst top 5 prospect ranking I have ever seen in my life.

LOL ... when I saw Kiviranta at 1 I was thinking well I guess the hype .... still ridiculous ... but man that thing just keeps giving when you get to #2 and #5.

The thing that hurts my soul though is it was written by Tracey Myers. She use to write for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. They never had a dedicated Stars reporter, but she covered them as well as other sports. I really liked her. I knew when she left she ended up back in hockey. I think I remember seeing her on the Chicago beat for a while. I didn't know she was writing for NHL.com. I'm truly stunned she is the author of that list.

I'm trying to find some sliver of understanding. Maybe she was going for the absolute closest proximity to NHL rather than potential or quality. That's the only thing that would explain Kiviranta and Caamano at 1 and 2. I don't know though ... this is a pretty irredeemable list.

Reactions: Kcb12345

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'm also realizing I can't even defend the "close to NHL ready" angle since Robertson somehow doesn't even make the Top 5.

This is one that I would genuinely and respectfully like to know her logic. I don't at all mean that in a negative or spiteful way. I'd like to pick her brain and understand the rationale a bit ... not be a jerk and mock her. I could see that statement not coming off as I intended.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Hate to break it to you but it's definitely a knock off. I also saw the listing when it was active and knew right away

Ew, that’s definitely a knockoff.

I have an Indo Authentic Heiskanen Winter Classic that I’m thinking of selling. The only other on eBay is selling for $580 cdn + $60 cdn shipping.

They are definitely hard to find, so I don’t know if I should sell now or wait. Especially since mine still perfectly mint, has all the tags, and never been worn.

Johno

Assembling a Nordic powerhouse
Oct 30, 2013
Not a ton to be optimistic about right now. 2 NHL teams have COVID cases, Team Canada had to shut down camp as all involved have been exposed to COVID, and the NHL and NHLPA haven't spoken in a week since the owners asked for even greater financial concessions from the players.

Well someone thinks something is starting to happen since a few nhl prospects have been re-called to NA from Liiga.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Hate to break it to you but it's definitely a knock off. I also saw the listing when it was active and knew right away
It’s a knock off but looks good for the price and isn’t a Fanatics; I’ll get it early next week and see.

Last edited:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
LOL ... when I saw Kiviranta at 1 I was thinking well I guess the hype .... still ridiculous ... but man that thing just keeps giving when you get to #2 and #5.

The thing that hurts my soul though is it was written by Tracey Myers. She use to write for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. They never had a dedicated Stars reporter, but she covered them as well as other sports. I really liked her. I knew when she left she ended up back in hockey. I think I remember seeing her on the Chicago beat for a while. I didn't know she was writing for NHL.com. I'm truly stunned she is the author of that list.

I'm trying to find some sliver of understanding. Maybe she was going for the absolute closest proximity to NHL rather than potential or quality. That's the only thing that would explain Kiviranta and Caamano at 1 and 2. I don't know though ... this is a pretty irredeemable list.

I donno, I went over all of her 30 in 30 Dallas articles and they are all bad. There is zero writing or thought in any of them, she puts up their statistics and takes quotes from the team.. it's really bad coverage TBH.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Athletic has future NHL rankings, with Stars at 22 for all the logical reasons. Probably would be lower but they have great faith that Jim Nill will figure something out.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Athletic has future NHL rankings, with Stars at 22 for all the logical reasons. Probably would be lower but they have great faith that Jim Nill will figure something out.

Sounds about right wouldn’t be shocked if it’s later than that. If we are gonna win it’s gotta be real quick. Also, once we do fall off can we have a true rebuild for once

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Sounds about right wouldn’t be shocked if it’s later than that. If we are gonna win it’s gotta be real quick. Also, once we do fall off can we have a true rebuild for once

Rebuilds are overrated. Just win baby

I don't want to toss away prime Miro years.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Sorry but that's a fake. The give aways are the kit, the fight strap attachment, the black neck strip sizing tag and the patches. It's not a bad fake but it's still a fake/counterfeit.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Fixing to head to work and this was waiting for me. It’s authentic and was here in 5 days.
Seller on ebay is “jerseyemporium”.
View attachment 377517 View attachment 377520 View attachment 377519

Sorry but that's a fake. The give aways are the kit, the fight strap attachment, the black neck strip sizing tag and the patches. It's not a bad fake but it's still a fake/counterfeit.

Unfortunately I have to agree with Kalamazoo here. Definitely a fake but it looks like it's good quality at least. Could've been much worse and at a quick glance it is tough to tell, however side by side with the real ones it becomes obvious. That's why it wasn't advertised as authentic on the listing

Reactions: Kalamazoo Wings

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That adidas logo looks wierd as hell. Thats gotta be a fake. No way this would get through quality control like that.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
img-2793859-f.jpg

Thats a picture of the game used Perry jersey. Quite a difference .

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Sorry, was still waking up, not authentic I know. Was meaning it’s about as close to for the price and everything is stitched well etc. Definitely a great deal at $90 altogether.

Reactions: NoCogs2020

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Buying a counterfeit item, at any price, is not a great deal.

You are supporting a criminal enterprise, sketchy ass business, that takes advantage of many people along the supply chain.

Plus, now you look like an idiot wearing a fake.

Reactions: DieselPig

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX

You are supporting a criminal enterprise, sketchy ass business, that takes advantage of many people along the supply chain.

Happy late Thanksgiving to you as well.

I’m not sorry to show support for my team but I’ll do my best to impress you sir the next time I make a decision along the same lines.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016

Perfectly said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad