Management 2020 Off-Season Proposals , trade, sign, kick to curb III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I hope and pray you are right. I just don’t think you are. I was/am all in for OEL but Studnicka makes me very weary about it.

Looking at the team, where does Studnicka actually fit in?

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Smith
Ritchie-Coyle-Kase
Lindholm-Kuraly-Wagner

Unless they play him on his off-wing, Studnicka doesn't really have a spot for next year. Bruins look pretty much set at C and RW.

Reactions: Pia8988

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Kase can play his off-wing.

Will they though? I'm not so sure. I don't think they (Cassidy) likes Bjork on his off-wing either. He wasn't a big fan of using Heinen there either. And I don't disagree with him to be honest.

Studnicka is a Baby Bruin unless bodies are cleared out unfortunately because I thought he looked ready.

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
Will they though? I'm not so sure. I don't think they (Cassidy) likes Bjork on his off-wing either. He wasn't a big fan of using Heinen there either. And I don't disagree with him to be honest.

Studnicka is a Baby Bruin unless bodies are cleared out unfortunately because I thought he looked ready.

That’s what I am saying. He is ready and should be played in the league.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
That’s what I am saying. He is ready and should be played in the league.

He'd be on my team, but waivers and one-way contracts are going to be a bigger factor this season than ever before. With revenues down, the last thing teams will want to be doing is paying guys NHL salaries to ply their trade in the minors.

Say keeping a Studnicka means waiving than demoting Nick Ritchie (I'll use him as an example). So the Bruins risk losing a guy they just traded a decent young player in Heinen for. And now instead of Studnicka in the AHL making 70k, they are paying Ritchie instead 2 million to ride the buses, while Studnicka is up with the big club making 750k and also has bonuses he can attain. It was mentioned here earlier this week that one reason we didn't see much of Zboril or Senyshyn last year was because of ELC bonuses they could attain by playing more games.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Ideal offseason the rest of the way:

- sign Hall 3 years $8.4 AAV
- sign Gryz 2 years $2.7 AAV
- trade debrusk to Vegas for Nate schmidt
- trade Moore and Ritchie

bruins had $12.295m in cap after the Craig smith signing. Trading Moore and richtie will bring that total to approx $16.45m.

hall at $8.4m, gryz at $2.7M and Schmidt at $5.95m bring that down to roughly $3.6m left in cap space. You’ll need to use some of that to sign an extra forward or two bring, Kuhlman back.

marchand-bergy-pasta
Hall-Krejci-kase
Bjork-coyle-Smith
Lindholm-Kuraly-Wagner
Kuhlman-xxx

Schmidt-Mcavoy
Gryz-Carlo
Lauzon-Miller
Zboril-Clifton

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I hope and pray you are right. I just don’t think you are. I was/am all in for OEL but Studnicka makes me very weary about it.

Looking at the team, where does Studnicka actually fit in?

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Smith
Ritchie-Coyle-Kase
Lindholm-Kuraly-Wagner

I think Studnicka looks fantastic, but the idea of OEL & McAvoy as a top pairing for the next 6+ years sounds pretty amazing. I'd probably make that move, especially now that we have Smith, Kase, & Pasta on the right side.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
One would think, but considering that this is Sweeney we’re talking about here, it may just be another example of his sheer and utter stupidity.
In all honesty though, this would be a new level of stupidity which Im not ready to bestowed upon him

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Nooooooooo! Not Nashville!
I don't believe that article has a legit source, but Nashville does make sense for Hall.

I'm wondering if we'd be better off signing Hoffman, then try to package two of Kase, Bjork, and Ritchie for a LD.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Hoffman-Krejci-Smith
DeBrusk-Coyle-Studnicka
Frederic-Kuraly-Wagner
Lindholm

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad