Management 2020 Off-Season Proposals , trade, sign, kick to curb II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Read on TSN that the Habs and Leafs are both interested in Wayne Simmonds, oh yes please make my day, hope one of them signs him long term and overpays him quite a bit. :)

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I wonder if we happen to sign Krug that the "core shakeup" consists of trading David Krejci and Tuukka Rask? Both on expiring contracts. 14.25 million in cap space.

To Min: Rask + Andres Bjork To Bos: Pitts 2021 1st round pick

To Cal: David Krejci + Matt Gryzz + Pitts 2021 1st round pick To Bos: Sean Monahan+ Noah Hanifin

To Anyone: John Moore for a 4-5-6th round pick

To NJ: Ondrej Kase+ Sean Kuraly + Nick Ritchie To Bos: Miles Mood + Kyle Palmierei(40% retained)

Sign Braden Holtby 2yrs 8 million(4 per)
Sign Evgeni Dadonov 3yrs 15 million(5 per)
Re-sign Krug 6yrs 39 million (6.5 per)
Re-sign Debrusk 2 years 7 million (3.5 per)
Re-sign Chara 1 year 1 million

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Dadanov-Monahan-Palmierei
Debrusk-Coyle-Wood
Wagner-Frederic-Studnicka
Lindholm/Senyshyn

Hanifin-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Chara-Lauzon
Vaak/Zboril/Clifton

Holtby
Halak

Tight against the cap but it works

Reactions: bbfan419

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
I wonder if we happen to sign Krug that the "core shakeup" consists of trading David Krejci and Tuukka Rask? Both on expiring contracts. 14.25 million in cap space.

To Cal: David Krejci + Matt Gryzz + Pitts 2021 1st round pick To Bos: Sean Monahan+ Noah Hanifin

To NJ: Ondrej Kase+ Sean Kuraly + Nick Ritchie To Bos: Miles Mood + Kyle Palmierei(40% retained)

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Coyle-Wood
Lindholm/Senyshyn

Hanifin-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Chara-Lauzon
Vaak/Zboril/Clifton

Holtby
Halak

Rask for Bjork? Don Sweeney might actually be able to pull that one off!

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
How about this idea

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Grant Krejci Dadonov
Bjork Coyle Stud
Frederic Kuraly Senyshyn

Hanifin McAvoy
Grz Carlo
Lauzon Clifton
Vaaka Zboril

Rask
Halak

- Trade Debrusk for Hanifin
- Sign free agent Dadonov
- Sign free agent Derek Grant

For cap relief
Trade Kase, Ritchie, Moore, Wagner

6'3 Derek Grant highlights. Need a guy who is capable to win front of the net battles but also can skate/score

Grant on the 2nd line is essentially praying Ritchie fits on the 2nd line. The Bruins won't be trading four players for cap space either. Too unrealistic given the value of cap space currently.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

TorontLoL 67

Ekwensu Ocha
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Central Vermont

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Coyle-Wood
Lindholm/Senyshyn

Hanifin-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Chara-Lauzon
Vaak/Zboril/Clifton

Holtby
Halak

Krug turned down 6x6.6. He wants big money and term, as he should. But not on this team please.

Reactions: bbfan419

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I read somewhere that Dadonov wants a Pacioretty contract. If so I am not into that for a small forward that will be 32 this coming year. What kind of term is he looking for at that age?

A 7 million cap hit, yikes. If that is what is holding Sweeney back and the rumor is we have him, then we have our hands tied. I say pass on that guy. Go after Virtanen or Hall, OEL or Hanifan.

Max Pacioretty - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He won't though and thats the issue. I'd almost rather him blow it up than run it back. Build around youth and trade anyone over 30. I would rather this than the same core returning with small or no tweaks.

Well you know that's not going to happen

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
F5DCD63F-8C64-4099-9357-31425DE49854.gif
What did I miss?

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Krug turned down 6x6.6. He wants big money and term, as he should. But not on this team please.
What he wants and what he can get are two different things.
I personally dont want him back for 6.5 million but if the market is soft and Donny wants him, you have to wonder what kind of shake up the core will be receiving. You would have to think Bergy, Pasta, Marchy, McAvoy, and Coyle are all safe.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
How about this idea

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Grant Krejci Dadonov
Bjork Coyle Stud
Frederic Kuraly Senyshyn

Hanifin McAvoy
Grz Carlo
Lauzon Clifton
Vaaka Zboril

Rask
Halak

- Trade Debrusk for Hanifin
- Sign free agent Dadonov
- Sign free agent Derek Grant

For cap relief
Trade Kase, Ritchie, Moore, Wagner

6'3 Derek Grant highlights. Need a guy who is capable to win front of the net battles but also can skate/score

I’ve read a lot of these on HFBoards over my years being here and I know there are plenty who have been here a lot longer and seen a lot more...... This single idea may be one of the worst I’ve seen proposed here. This is like actively trying to put Tenkrat in the top 6.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
What he wants and what he can get are two different things.
I personally dont want him back for 6.5 million but if the market is soft and Donny wants him, you have to wonder what kind of shake up the core will be receiving. You would have to think Bergy, Pasta, Marchy, McAvoy, and Coyle are all safe.
Barring some kind of sweetheart offer, I'd say everyone on the roster is fair game outside of the aforementioned five, as it should be.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Anyone who thinks Sweeney was/is going bring in a player via free agency or trade that ends up our highest paid player needs to give their head a shake. Donnys all about his sweetheart deals.

Dadonov will be our big fish because he can be had for <7m aav.

Dadonov wouldn’t be a bad move at all. It addresses a legit need.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Well you know that's not going to happen

Correct. But I'm simply saying its more desirable than the current course. Sweeney can't sit back on a yearly basis and say the prices are too high then allow Tampa and others to lap the Bruins. There is zero shot the Bruins beat a healthy Tampa or Washington next year. None. Washington owns that ass and Tampa is amazing.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Barring some kind of sweetheart offer, I'd say everyone on the roster is fair game outside of the aforementioned five, as it should be.
But do some of the higher paid players have value ?

We are seeing just how hard it is to move salary right now... Names like Krejci, Rask aren't seeming as appealing anymore to other teams. Krug's walking. Carlo+ Debrusk likely the only realistic roster options to move with value.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Let's brace ourselves for what is actually going to happen.

Today...nothing, Bruins use their picks reaching at least once for a 5'6 forward from Austria with 8 points in 46 games but has "unlimited offensive potential".

Friday.. Free agency day. Canucks get OEL for less than Bruins offered because they will take the whole contract. Bruins "kick tires, prices too high" Add depth for Providence. Krug signs with Detroit for 7 x 7.

First week of free agency to start of camp. Bruins add Mikko Koivu and Karl Alzner. Resign Chara. Bjork for Chiasson to address size issue.

Sweeney says he wants to give grade A prospects like Lauko and Steen room to grow.

Opening night Roster

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Kuraly-Krejci-Kase
Ritchie-Coyle-Chiasson
Lindholm-Koivu-Wagner
Senyshen

Moore-McAvoy
Chara-Carlo
Alzner-Grizz
Lauzon-Clifton

Rask/Halak.

Frederic, Studnicka and other grade A prospects sent to providence because they aren't ready.

DeBrusk holds out until mid season when he sign 2 year bridge deal. Addition becomes Sweeney excuse to do nothing at deadline.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

Today...nothing, Bruins use their picks reaching at least once for a 5'6 forward from Austria with 8 points in 46 games but has "unlimited offensive potential".

Friday.. Free agency day. Canucks get OEL for less than Bruins offered because they will take the whole contract. Bruins "kick tires, prices too high" Add depth for Providence. Krug signs with Detroit for 7 x 7.

First week of free agency to start of camp. Bruins add Mikko Koivu and Karl Alzner. Resign Chara. Bjork for Chiasson to address size issue.

Sweeney says he wants to give grade A prospects like Lauko and Steen room to grow.

Opening night Roster

Kuraly-Krejci-Kase
Ritchie-Coyle-Chiasson
Lindholm-Koivu-Wagner
Senyshen

Moore-McAvoy
Chara-Carlo
Alzner-Grizz
Lauzon-Clifton

Rask/Halak.

Frederic, Studnicka and other grade A prospects sent to providence because they aren't ready.

DeBrusk holds out until mid season when he sign 2 year bridge deal. Addition becomes Sweeney excuse to do nothing at deadline.
I don't completely disagree with your prediction... But you left out Gryz, or maybe he wasn't tall enough to remember.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Opening night Roster

Kuraly-Krejci-Kase
Ritchie-Coyle-Chiasson
Lindholm-Koivu-Wagner
Senyshen

Moore-McAvoy
Chara-Carlo
Alzner-Grizz
Lauzon-Clifton

Rask/Halak.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:Way too funny but this could very well happen.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC

Opening night Roster

Kuraly-Krejci-Kase
Ritchie-Coyle-Chiasson
Lindholm-Koivu-Wagner
Senyshen

Moore-McAvoy
Chara-Carlo
Alzner-Grizz
Lauzon-Clifton

Rask/Halak.

This is the most likely scenario.

Reactions: MattFromFranklin

bruinsfan

Aug 2, 2005

Opening night Roster

Kuraly-Krejci-Kase
Ritchie-Coyle-Chiasson
Lindholm-Koivu-Wagner
Senyshen

Moore-McAvoy
Chara-Carlo
Alzner-Grizz
Lauzon-Clifton

Rask/Halak.

Honestly if it goes down like this or anything close to it, I really hope this is the last season with Sweeney as our GM. The sad part is while your speculating, and I hope you're wrong, I don't have much faith that Sweeney's moves will be much different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad