GDT: 2020 NLDS: (2) Atlanta Braves vs (6) Miami Marlins - ATL wins 3-0

ATL vs MIA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZMan17

LGI
Nov 20, 2010
Tel Aviv
As a Mets fan I was fine when we dumped D'Arnaud and would have made that move 10 times out of 10...but definitely didn't expect him to turn it around like he's done with the Braves.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
So yeah......in hindsite, probably not a good idea to hit Acuna with that pitch. Seemed to really jumpstart the Braves. This game is exactly what my brain feared going in. Braves hitters just have our number.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Fried was not sharp. Marlins had his number all day. Happy to escape with a victory. Acuna beam definitely added jet fuel to the Braves.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
So yeah......in hindsite, probably not a good idea to hit Acuna with that pitch. Seemed to really jumpstart the Braves. This game is exactly what my brain feared going in. Braves hitters just have our number.
I read somewhere that Acuna is 2x more likely to be HBP against the Marlins than any other team. Their pitchers certainly don't like him hitting 450 ft homers off of him, that's for sure. He rightfully pimps his homers considering no matter what he does, he gets thrown at.
Fried was not sharp. Marlins had his number all day. Happy to escape with a victory. Acuna beam definitely added jet fuel to the Braves.
I still have the utmost faith in Fried, just tonight wasn't his night and the offense and bullpen really picked him up like they rarely had to do all season.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Funny to see the Marlins and Braves basically swap roles from the Jose Fernandez homer a few years back.

Go Acuna. f*** Marlins pitching.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
All year long, the Braves pitching was a weak link.

suddenly, they can’t miss

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Well it was a fun ride.......thanks for re-awakening my interest in MLB thus summer/fall, Marlins. Team has a bright future......just gotta work on improving the offense & especially power production.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Adam Duvall walked but the umpire f***ed up the count, never seen that in a post season game.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Snitker and his bench coaches also fell asleep there. Pretty sure Duvall asked to clarify the count multiple times but there's only so much he can argue as a player. Even the commentators were confused. Glad it didn't end up meaning anything though.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
This is not the Loria regime anymore. If they trade players it will be because they are not in contention, not just for the fun of it.(just like any other team not in contention does) Jeter has a solid plan and will run the team accordingly.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Sixto a bit wild this inning.

Need to tag up there imo. Bad baserunning.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad