GDT: 2020 NLDS: (2) Atlanta Braves vs (6) Miami Marlins - ATL wins 3-0

ATL vs MIA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Another post season rematch for the Fish as they beat Atlanta in the 1997 NLCS to advance to the WS. Every particle in my brain tells me the Braves should take this series & fairly easily. They have dominated Miami over the past several years. But despite the few lopsided Braves wins this season, the Marlins actually took 4 games from them this year. Sandy, Sixto & Pablo will have to be on top of their games. The Marlins are now 7-0 in post season series & I will not be picking against them until they lose one.

Marlins in 5.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
No way Miami should win. Atlanta is the superior team, head-to-head record shows this season (Sept 9 ATL beat the Fish 29-9!)

Braves have soon-to-be MVP.

Marlins have never lost a playoff series.
Marlins in 4

Sep 19, 2008
You all know, The Marlins have never lost a postseason series.

Not today. @PanthersPens62. Gimme that hat.

iu

Braves, in 4

DonkeyHotay

Jun 30, 2020
As a Braves diehard, I know we're better but that doesn't normally matter. The Marlins lineup doesn't scare me. None of them. But they're pesky.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
The season series was won 6-4 by Atlanta.

But if you take out the two lopsided losses by the Fish (29-9 & 11-1), the season series was even, and Miami would have outscored Atlanta 34 to 28.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
The season series was won 6-4 by Atlanta.

But if you take out the two lopsided losses by the Fish (29-9 & 11-1), the season series was even, and Miami would have outscored Atlanta 34 to 28.

I hate this logic. Yes, let’s just subtract certain games so we can arrive at a different result.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I hate this logic. Yes, let’s just subtract certain games so we can arrive at a different result.
I don't like that run differential is so highly looked upon by some people.
Does it really count the same in a 29 to 9 game when a position player pitches for Miami and gives up runs?

I don't like the Run differentials stat either, because, like it or not, there are times when players do quit on games and just want to get the game over with and start fresh next game.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don't like that run differential is so highly looked upon by some people.
Does it really count the same in a 29 to 9 game when a position player pitches for Miami and gives up runs?

I don't like the Run differentials stat either, because, like it or not, there are times when players do quit on games and just want to get the game over with and start fresh next game.

You said if you take away two massive blowouts then their season series was tied 4 wins a piece. That’s just stupid. Decrease the run differential if you want but don’t take away the wins. And either way, the wins and losses what they are. Sometimes you lose big and sometimes you lose small. In the end it’s still a loss.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
You said if you take away two massive blowouts then their season series was tied 4 wins a piece. That’s just stupid. Decrease the run differential if you want but don’t take away the wins. And either way, the wins and losses what they are. Sometimes you lose big and sometimes you lose small. In the end it’s still a loss.

You're right, I shouldn't have taken away the two wins. But the large difference in the run differential total leads to the belief that the series is a huge mismatch.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Imagine getting Alcantara for two seasons of Ozuna... Gallen was part of that trade, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad