GDT: 2020 NLDS: (2) Atlanta Braves vs (6) Miami Marlins - ATL wins 3-0

ATL vs MIA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Acuna has unreal wheels. One of the last guys you want to allow extra bases due to an error.

Duvall finally gets on the board. Just missed a homer.

Last edited:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Braves have been on quite a roll since escaping those bases loaded jams vs Cincy

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Braves didn't even break a sweat.

Miami had a solid season and this playoff experience will do them well. I'm still iffy if they could hold up for 162 without some upgrades.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Soroka wont be ready for most of next year given when he got injured this year.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
This is not the Loria regime anymore. If they trade players it will be because they are not in contention, not just for the fun of it.(just like any other team not in contention does) Jeter has a solid plan and will run the team accordingly.

Damn I missed this reply.

I seem to recall the new ownership immediately trading all 3 of their starting and power-hitting outfielders in one offseason. And you’re telling me you already have belief in this new regime? What I’m saying is don’t be surprised if there was another fire-sale in the near future.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Damn I missed this reply.

I seem to recall the new ownership immediately trading all 3 of their starting and power-hitting outfielders in one offseason. And you’re telling me you already have belief in this new regime? What I’m saying is don’t be surprised if there was another fire-sale in the near future.
Yes, but the organization was a hot mess and they had to dump those salaries in order to rebuild the farm system. Now of course I cannot 100% etch in stone that another fire sale is out of the question, but unlike the prior regimes, it would be with a specific baseball reason in mind, not just for the heck of it.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Yes, but the organization was a hot mess and they had to dump those salaries in order to rebuild the farm system. Now of course I cannot 100% etch in stone that another fire sale is out of the question, but unlike the prior regimes, it would be with a specific baseball reason in mind, not just for the heck of it.

I’m rooting for it not to happen. Miami fans deserve better. I can’t imagine losing all of your starting outfield with power in just one offseason. Not to mention that one of them was coming off an MVP year and and another one became an MVP in the upcoming season. A major punch in the guts for the Marlins fan base. MLB being popular in Miami is a good thing.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad