GDT: 2020 NHL Free Agent Frenzy VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
He also needs to address the defense end, by not negotiating with Krug he's created 2 holes.

Yeah.

I’m less concerned about the defense right now. I mean they don’t need a “Hall” level defenseman like they do at forward.

I have much more faith that Lauzon becomes a solid 3/4 than I do in Bjork becoming a 2nd liner.

Reactions: OV and Gordoff

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Seattle’s gonna pay Hall out the *** next year even with a flat cap.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I do want to say this should be a giant wake up call to management if Hall is choosing Buffalo over you.

Either their is something wrong with management and players around the league know it

OR

you are too incompetent to give Taylor hall a 1 year $8m contract.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Hall was either lying about winning or took a big one year payday with a good center and will pick where he goes at the trade deadline. If he has a NMC I think that may be the case.

Buffalo does the deal to get assets at the deadline and to try to make Eichel happy for now. Hall gets to evaluate the league and pick his contender in March

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I am NOT saying that this is the case, but I can’t help but wonder if the Bruins were never seriously involved with Hall. I wonder if the “multi-year offers” we heard about were simply BS that the front office was feeding to the media. Keep in mind, we’ve seen time and time again when the Bruins fail to land a key player, make a bad trade, or even fail to make any move, the media publishes a story to make the front office not look as inept (Parise’s “offer” in 2012, Seguin trade, 2014-2016 deadlineS, Hamilton trade, 2015 draft, etc.).
Clear to me what happened. He wasn't getting offers that he liked money wise. So he decides he'll go to a place where he'll get tons of playing time playing beside Eichel so he can cash in next season. He wouldn't sign here because he would have other guys taking the spotlight away from him. Teams likely would try to lowball him more because he was producing on a top team.

This to me shows there is lots of legitimacy to the claims of his poor attitude. Clearly a me first type of guy.

Reactions: Gordoff

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Yeah.

I’m less concerned about the defense right now. I mean they don’t need a “Hall” level defenseman like they do at forward.

I have much more faith that Lauzon becomes a solid 3/4 than I do in Bjork becoming a 2nd liner.

Not me. I think their number one Priority should be a#1 left side defenseman.
I think Smith Studnicka and Kase are ahead of Bjork at this point.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Gordoff

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Hes going to pad his stats in an uncertain covid year so next summer he gets a big deal. Thats all this is.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Hall plays with the likes of Eichel and Skinner for a season, puts up a ton of points, then can cash in next year in a hopefully less Covid-impacted environment. There's sound logic there, and not wholly inconsistent with his stated desire to win a Cup as long as his next contract is with a contender.

Maybe the Bruins could also have offered him a one-year deal, but they probably couldn't assure him of the highlight-reel spot he'd be looking for to really boost his value. Shame to miss out on him, but given the decision he's made, I don't blame our GM for not landing him. Just need to make good on getting Hoffman or similar now.

Reactions: Mione134

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
1.Hoffman
2.Dadonov
3.Shouldnt have signed Smith and dealt Krejci and Rask @50% each for futures
They aren’t trading Rask because of the fallout. They aren’t trading DK because the second line will be shot2
Shit. They aren’t signing because they are scared ( Backes) every single prospect is untouchable and the coach doesn’t want young players in there unless you produce ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad