GDT: 2020 NHL Free Agent Frenzy VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Never really wanted Hall. He is not a winner. Much rather would take Hoff or Dadonov. Granlund probs aswell or Toffoli. We got other options. As long as Sweeney plays his cards right.

Reactions: The don godfather

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
No other signing will move the needle so it doesn’t matter.

Bruins go into the season weaker than last year.
Toffoli is pretty good Stanley cup pedigree scores big goals. Only 27. Love him here. Will cost less and now maybe gonna get Nate schmidt. 2 for 1. I see sunshine here. Come on guys we still a power in the east we arent the buffalo Sabres

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I'm sorry I have to chime in. This is too funny.

Hall on free agency.....

"I think, honestly, it's probably all winning,"

"Any player at this stage in their career that has had the career that I've had, 10 seasons, only make the [Stanley Cup] Playoffs twice, that's really what I'm after,"

So he chooses to go to the franchise with the LONGEST playoff drought in the NHL!

9 seasons of playoff DNQs for the Sabres. To put that into perspective, the next closest is Detroit with 4 consecutive seasons.

This is about one thing. Money. He knows his numbers the past couple years weren't up to par. So he'll go to a team where he knows full well he'll be paired up with Jack Eichel every night. He'll get 1st unit PP time by default, he'll probably even get PK duty as he's familiar with Krueger. So he's choose a team where he knows he'll be their top winger playing alongside an elite offensive center, bump up his numbers, and cash in big time next year on a long-term deal.

I never posted this earlier because of the back-lash but I've always felt this guy was a weasel and it has been, and will always be, about Taylor Hall. This guy is not a good teammate, it's about him, his ego, and his bank account. That's it.

Read those two quotes above. Pretty much bold face lies. To make those statements then choose to sign a one-year with the league's longest playoff drought, there is no other way to interpret that.

%^&*^& this guy I hope he never even sniffs a Bruins jersey. Weasel.
Think we misread that quote “"Any player at this stage in their career that has had the career that I've had, 10 seasons, only make the [Stanley Cup] Playoffs twice, that's really what I'm after," if that’s what he’s after then he made the right choice in Buffalo.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Hahahaha oh god this is rich. Please just blow this up. This is why you don't overpay spare parts. Unbelievable. f***ing Sweeney.

Hall wants it easy? Probably. But I also wouldn't be shocked if Buffalo was close to Boston in the standings.

Reactions: Coach Parker

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I'm sorry I have to chime in. This is too funny.

Hall on free agency.....

"I think, honestly, it's probably all winning,"

"Any player at this stage in their career that has had the career that I've had, 10 seasons, only make the [Stanley Cup] Playoffs twice, that's really what I'm after,"

So he chooses to go to the franchise with the LONGEST playoff drought in the NHL!

9 seasons of playoff DNQs for the Sabres. To put that into perspective, the next closest is Detroit with 4 consecutive seasons.

This is about one thing. Money. He knows his numbers the past couple years weren't up to par. So he'll go to a team where he knows full well he'll be paired up with Jack Eichel every night. He'll get 1st unit PP time by default, he'll probably even get PK duty as he's familiar with Krueger. So he's choose a team where he knows he'll be their top winger playing alongside an elite offensive center, bump up his numbers, and cash in big time next year on a long-term deal.

I never posted this earlier because of the back-lash but I've always felt this guy was a weasel and it has been, and will always be, about Taylor Hall. This guy is not a good teammate, it's about him, his ego, and his bank account. That's it.

Read those two quotes above. Pretty much bold face lies. To make those statements then choose to sign a one-year with the league's longest playoff drought, there is no other way to interpret that.

%^&*^& this guy I hope he never even sniffs a Bruins jersey. Weasel.
I honestly didn't want to believe those rumors...but this signing all but confirms the type of guy he is.

Reactions: BMC

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Taylor Hall going to Buffalo of all the 31 teams in the NHL says more about him than Don Sweeney and the Bruins, let's be realistic here.

Hall goes to Buffalo, pads his stats with JE and gets traded at the deadline, likely to a team of his choosing who's a real contender.

For Hall, it allows him to get through 2020-2021 season (covid) with an 8 million salary, not have to worry about gambling long term on team that may/may not be a contender.

Did Hall play his cards correctly? I'd say so, does he look like a f***er talking about winning? Yeah, whatever, f*** him, let's move on

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I get it.

I’m just still living from the perspective that they need to get Krejci a legit 30 goal guy.

Bergeron Line

XXX - Krejci - Smith

XXX/JDB - Coyle - Kase

I don’t want Bjork to be put into either XXX spot.

Me Too. No Doubt but by him losing Krug it kind of turned the table on him a bit. Im thinking if anything he goes the trade route or either he over pays for one of the remaining FA.

neelyforpresident

Dec 25, 2007
Washington
Why go to Buffalo to pad your stats with Eichel when you could pad your stats with Krejci and Pasta? :huh:

Methinks he doesn't want to play in the playoffs (covid/possible injury). Other than that I got nothin'.

All I know is I don't want Donny trading for him at the deadline. f*** Taylor Hall.

This is what I’m thinking. I feel like more can go wrong than right for you in Buffalo and therefore you’re not getting that pay day you were hoping for. Also, that’s another year not contending for a cup. Maybe he doesn’t care. But this to me is an indication of his character. Do you want to pay someone $$$ who doesn’t seem committed to winning?

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
No point getting mad at Sweeney here. Guy wanted money, didn't like the offers and decided to run shotgun to Eichel, pile stats and try to extort some team next year.

Hall's agent probably:
13e.jpg

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Don’t make any more moves. That money that they are saving should go for the Aramark workers back pay at TD that got put on ice because of the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad