GDT: 2020 NHL Free Agent Frenzy VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
What the hell. Way to back up your big talk Hall. Wants to win and goes to one of the loserest franchises.

hopefully we have the backup plan ready to go, Dadonov, Toffoli, Hoffman, Granlund.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
That's not quite correct. You can stagger the contract anyway you like, but the difference between the highest paid year and the lowest paid year can't be more then 35% IF the contract is 6 years in length or longer and the deal takes up 7.5% of the teams cap or more.

Any other contract can have a 50% difference between the highest paid year and the lowest paid year and that can be split up in any way, front loaded or back loaded.

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't aware of the extra details around the term etc. Was mostly going off clause 67 of the new MOU, specifically in relation to front-loaded SPCs only.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
He knows he can get more next year.

He also knows if Buffalo is bad he’ll be moved at the deadline to a contender on a 1 year deal. Taking the best offer is a win-win for him.

Reactions: TCB

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
In no way am I upset at DS. Hall is all about the money, which is fine. Don't blame him a bit. He is who he is. Very happy that DS didn't do something stupid and bring this guy in long term, or for an outrageous sum that cripples the team to make other moves. Now just get another scoring forward and some LHD help, and it will be a successful offseason.
I’m shocked at the 1 yr deal. Hall long term scared me off

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Well you know maybe next year we can sign him after our 2nd line center and number one goalie retires and our core is another year older! good thinking, donny! :help:

this front office is so timid it hurts, just go for it. :damnpc:
Timid. Perfect word for him. Just like his gutless style of play back in the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad