GDT: 2020 NHL Free Agent Frenzy V

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You gotta learn to crawl before you walk, walk before you run.

Some players like Mac can get right to it , but the guys that take 5 years to develop in Prov, it may be a leap for them. Let's see if they can play 3rd line in the NHL before we're slotting them into PP units.

Chara , oof. With all due respect to the man , I can't believe there are still fans around here who wanna see Chara back this year.

don’t want him playing a top role or anything, but he’s still an awesome penalty killer and obviously we know the leadership he brings to the table

bruinsfan

Aug 2, 2005
I'm all for that, but for that to actually work you have to,

A) Draft properly
B) Develop properly
C) Support properly

As in, guys like Bjork and Kulhman shouldn't be starting on the 1st and 2nd lines but they have to because the 3rd and 4th lines are full of plugs they sign so they have to start higher up in the line-up. It's comical to watch. Who's in charge? Abott and Castello.
Fully agree with you I'm on board with players playing up in the line-up to but it seems like they've experimented with this far too often and it rarely works out. All are there any defensemen in the Bruins system that could jump in and replace Krug and Chara? if not, that's a combination of poor drafting and poor asset management.

The top 6 has had a hole since Sweeney arrived and every year we are told every new forward we get can play up in the line up, the reality is if we drafted properly in the last 5 years you'd have that cost controlled 2nd line winger to fill the hole by now.

I am really starting to believe there is an internal cap and I want to believe that's true, but after the trade deadline last year where we picked up scraps and dumped salary for nothing I am not sure what to think anymore

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Can’t believe how mad people are about Miller. He must be in shape and ready to go. He’s a solid Dman when healthy. Which is not often, but still. And Chara has to come back. One of the best shutdown Dman even now at 43 and a great leader. Bring Hall in, and if he’s gone, got to plan B like Dom said & get Hoff. Solid team. Just gotta get tougher on bottom line, hopefully Ritchie gets in shape.
You'll be glad to hear that your favorite player, Bruce Shoebottom is gonna be signed next!

Reactions: JOKER 192

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Fully agree with you I'm on board with players playing up in the line-up to but it seems like they've experimented with this far too often and it rarely works out. All are there any defensemen in the Bruins system that could jump in and replace Krug and Chara? if not, that's a combination of poor drafting and poor asset management.

The top 6 has had a hole since Sweeney arrived and every year we are told every new forward we get can play up in the line up, the reality is if we drafted properly in the last 5 years you'd have that cost controlled 2nd line winger to fill the hole by now.

I am really starting to believe there is an internal cap and I want to believe that's true, but after the trade deadline last year where we picked up scraps and dumped salary for nothing I am not sure what to think anymore
A "healthy bottom line" is JJ's Stanley Cup, and he wins it every single year.

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
Can’t believe how mad people are about Miller. He must be in shape and ready to go. He’s a solid Dman when healthy. Which is not often, but still. And Chara has to come back. One of the best shutdown Dman even now at 43 and a great leader. Bring Hall in, and if he’s gone, got to plan B like Dom said & get Hoff. Solid team. Just gotta get tougher on bottom line, hopefully Ritchie gets in shape.

Its not a matter of how good he is when healthy. A bottom pairing guy that is coming off a shattered knee and hasn't played in 2 years isn't going to attract any attention in FA. You get all your other moves out your way and then see if you can add Miller. Shouldn't have been a day 1 move.

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
Oh and at this point it looks like you have to bring back Chara. He'd still be the only one among our LD that everyone would feel at least somewhat comfortable in a high minutes role

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
The thing that annoys me is that they literally took this franchise out of the basement when they signed chara and Savard. Those were HUGE signings.. double barrell big hitting splash in free agency. They haven’t done that since. Nate Horton wasn’t a “big” signing. They have to overpay for one big signing. A franchise player. And they won’t do it.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
The thing that annoys me is that they literally took this franchise out of the basement when they signed chara and Savard. Those were HUGE signings.. double barrell big hitting splash in free agency. They haven’t done that since. Nate Horton wasn’t a “big” signing. They have to overpay for one big signing. A franchise player. And they won’t do it.

Agreed and Horton was a trade, which is what I want them to do if they miss out on Hall.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Left side?

Gryzzy
Zboril
Moore

Bruins going the wrong way with the talent...

SizzlingRawIndiancow-size_restricted.gif

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

In fairness they immediately had arguably the least enjoyable season any Boston sports team has had in my lifetime of watching them (outside of the TENKRAT thread)

then Claude got hired and they were a gritty overachieving team with the likes of Glen Metropolit as a key secondary scorer

then we won the cup. That was a fun rise to watch

Reactions: Number6

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Agreed and Horton was a trade, which is what I want them to do if they miss out on Hall.
Right... wideman... great trade.. unbelievable trade. And to my point they haven’t made a single splash in FA since then. Thats riding a lot of luck with excellent drafting from Krecji, Lucic, Bergeron, Marchand, and pasta

gotta pay to play.. gotta risk those senior years for prime years... get a big gun in here. Go hard after stamkos a few years ago. Salary cap be damned, other clubs figure it out. Craig Smith is a good signing. I don’t want Hall. I want Petro. There’s no better time than now with chara being done than going after Petro or OEL

Reactions: Gordoff

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
You gotta learn to crawl before you walk, walk before you run.

Some players like Mac can get right to it , but the guys that take 5 years to develop in Prov, it may be a leap for them. Let's see if they can play 3rd line in the NHL before we're slotting them into PP units.

Chara , oof. With all due respect to the man , I can't believe there are still fans around here who wanna see Chara back this year.
You can’t provide a single statistic that says Chara is a bad nhl player right now. I’ve been asking for months..... no one can.

chara old..... bad!

If Zboril or Lauzon EVER provide what 42 year old Z did I would be shocked, let alone next season.

young does not = good
Old does not = bad

Reactions: Iceage and lopey

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Love to get Hall but I don't have the best feeling about it. Bruins always pride themselves on getting guys to sign for team friendly contracts. Just dont see them being able to match what has been offered by other teams. Cant see them paying Hall 2 + million more than Marchand, Bergeron and Pasta. Think they'll stand firm on a low cap hit and lose out

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
In fairness they immediately had arguably the least enjoyable season any Boston sports team has had in my lifetime of watching them (outside of the TENKRAT thread)

then Claude got hired and they were a gritty overachieving team with the likes of Glen Metropolit as a key secondary scorer

then we won the cup. That was a fun rise to watch

you’re forgetting many lousy years, but fair point

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad