Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Entry Draft (Round #1 - 10/6/20 @ 7pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'd love to make a move for Mavrik Bourque. Not many players continue to impress me as much as he does. I probably wouldn't move up this year though, not many assets to work with as it is.
How about his teammate Ponomarev? I’m assuming the Yotes are keeping a close eye given that Valentin Nussbaumer is also on the team.

All I know about him is that he’s a center, a gym rat, a hockey nerd, having a pretty good first year as an import, and does really slick, slippery, nifty shit in highlight videos. Like discount Datsyuk stuff.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
How about his teammate Ponomarev? I’m assuming the Yotes are keeping a close eye given that Valentin Nussbaumer is also on the team.

All I know about him is that he’s a center, a gym rat, a hockey nerd, having a pretty good first year as an import, and does really slick, slippery, nifty shit in highlight videos. Like discount Datsyuk stuff.

Valentin Nussbaumer went back to Switzerland, he's playing for EHC Biel-Bienne

rt

May 13, 2004
Valentin Nussbaumer went back to Switzerland, he's playing for EHC Biel-Bienne
Good catch. Forgot about that. He played the first half of the season for Shawinigan, though. My point was just that the Coyotes have probably scouted the team quite a bit. Given they had a prospect on the team and the team also features a highly touted soon to be 1st rounder in Mavrik Bourque.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015

I like him, got really intrigued by him due to his production at the international level. In my viewings of him he's strong on the puck, protects it well and plays a smart two-way game. Decent skater though id like to see more speed and knows where his teammates are. I just question his offensive upside, I think he's more likely to fit in a bottom 6 role and to me that's not the type of player i'm aiming for in the first 2-3 rounds. (Maybe 3rd depending on who's still available). In the second i'd rather draft an offensive stud with a couple warts that other teams have passed on. Like last year with Robertson because he was small.

Player that i really like at this moment is Seth Jarvis, IF he ends up falling to a spot where Arizona can get him he'd be a steal in my opinion.

rt

May 13, 2004
I’m not against drafting small players or wingers or WHLers. The Coyotes don’t draft out do that league though and they don’t draft small wingers much. At least not in the first few rounds.

rt

May 13, 2004

Wouldn't mind adding big 18 year old defenseman who hits and fights like that in the KHL. Handled himself well in a rivalry playoff brawl recently. Nikishin is projected to go mid-2nd. Could be there at our pick.

Reactions: RemoAZ

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Love showing people that video. Kid hits to hurt people.
I question his actual skill level though. Personally wouldn't take him in the second.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Reasons like that are why I rather just trade for D or sign them instead of drafting them early. Unless its an elite talent (Drysdale, Hughes), a complete steal because the player falls due to whatever reason (Wilde, Girard, Chychrun) or you have lots of available picks and you're still guarenteed high quality forwards (Rangers, LA and Carolina the past few years). Between those 3 teams there has been 24 picks in the top 2 rounds, in the last 3 years and only 5 were D (none were the teams first pick in the draft). As opposed to Arizona who has taken 4 D in their last 5 picks.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
11.4% probability of a lottery win, which would let us keep the pick. It's time for the lottery gods to be kind to us.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

May 13, 2004
11.4% probability of a lottery win, which would let us keep the pick. It's time for the lottery gods to be kind to us.
1st gets us BPA. 2nd & 3rd could get us a grade A center prospect in either Byfield or Rossi. Of course it’s always possible we do something insane like Drysdale or Askarov.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
1st gets us BPA. 2nd & 3rd could get us a grade A center prospect in either Byfield or Rossi. Of course it’s always possible we do something insane like Drysdale or Askarov.
I love Rossi’s creativity.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

Wouldn't mind adding big 18 year old defenseman who hits and fights like that in the KHL. Handled himself well in a rivalry playoff brawl recently. Nikishin is projected to go mid-2nd. Could be there at our pick.

An open-ice hip check. When's the last time you saw anyone on the Yotes roster do that? Derek Morris comes to mind.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
I just hope we don't get 2OV (unless we trade down to 5ish and get another second rounder which id love), whoever drafts second is pretty much forced to take Byfield and i hate the idea of Byfield at 2nd. Not that he isn't good, but i think others will be better.
Also hope we can get a few free prospects without having to use draft picks. I like Pavel Gogolev (Guelph Storm), Patrick Khodorenko (Michigan State) and Jordan Kawaguchi (North Dakota) if he's willing to leave school a year early.

rt

May 13, 2004
LOL - I hear you, but I'd love to win the 2nd overall pick and draft Byfield. haha. I understand your point, but I'm definitely not going to hope against that scenario. :)

How's this scenario: win our last five games in regulation, Hall has 8 points in those games, and we fail to make the playoffs on a tie-breaker. Hall decides he wants to stay and finish what he started and we re-sign him. Then we win the 1st overall anyway because of the Hall curse. Then we fire Tocchet anyway despite the late season surge because it was too little too late. We keep Hall, get the 1OV, and and new coaching staff. :)

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I'd draft Byfield 1st OA. Not just because he's a perfect fit for the Yotes, I'd do the same for any other club.

rt

May 13, 2004
I'm loving the scouting reports, highlights, and stats on Marat Khusnutdinov. Could be a nice pickup with our 2nd. I also like that he's a July birthday. So he'll still be 17 on draft day. SKA St.P is a great program for him to be in. He's a small center but supposedly really advanced defensively. And he's got crazy slick, slippery, go to the net moves. Highlight reel stuff. I like the idea of a kid developing over there for a few years and coming over when he's ready to push for a spot. He plays with Podkolzin who has a similar outlook. I really don't mind it. I don't need my Russian prospects to be in Halifax or Sudbury or wherever. I'm cool if they want to stay home until they think they're ready to push for an NHL spot.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Considering we probably are missing the playoffs, if we win one of the top 3 picks we get to keep it...correct? Our lottery luck sucks, just trying to understand the trade details.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Considering we probably are missing the playoffs, if we win one of the top 3 picks we get to keep it...correct? Our lottery luck sucks, just trying to understand the trade details.
We only keep our first this year if we win one of the 3 lottery picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad