2020 NHL Entry Draft - Never too early....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Someone mentioned Quinn = Sharp...If that's the case, get that #10 jersey ready.

I made the comparison. It’s not exact but I see Quinn being a similar type of player. Sharp is a little bigger and probably better defensively, but Quinn might have the better shot.

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
Also, Rossi plays above his size. He may be 5’9, 179 but he plays much bigger than that. He almost reminds me of a mini-Hossa.

Reactions: Muffinalt

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Center of gravity and skating ability > size. It's pretty much always been that way. The NHL is just now starting to wake up.

And how you use it. Different sports but look at guys like Walter Payton, Emmit Smith, Barry Sanders. All 5’10” or under and made HoF careers out of running through guys way bigger than them.

I wonder if a guy like DeBrincat is going to put on more weight too. Think he’s officially listed at 165lbs.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
His own coach compares him to St. Louis, so maybe one day we'll see Rossi with tree trunk legs.

You don't have to convince me. Bobby Hull was 5' 9" and 195 lbs soaking wet but physically he was not going to take a second seat to anyone, no matter how big they were... and yes guys like St Louis, Marcel Dionne, Forsberg, Crosby are/were all smaller guys with low center-of-gravity who just couldn't be budged. Players like that are rather rare though, obviously.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
You don't have to convince me. Bobby Hull was 5' 9" and 195 lbs soaking wet but physically he was not going to take a second seat to anyone, no matter how big they were... and yes guys like St Louis, Marcel Dionne, Forsberg, Crosby are/were all smaller guys with low center-of-gravity who just couldn't be budged. Players like that are rather rare though, obviously.

Gotta look at their weight. He's 17 and already 180 lbs. The kid is stout. I'm barely 5'10, but at 185-190 lbs, there aren't many guys I can't beat in the corners, or in a battle in front of the net. Body positioning and technique go a long way in those scenarios, too.

At the end of the day, edges, balance, and skating ability will determine the future of pretty much every prospect ever drafted.

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
Would anyone take Rossi over Stutzle? I’m very torn on this question myself. Love both but I think Rossi ends up the better two-way forward.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
This isn't a Video game or the pre-lockout era with different rules. Size is a factor, but it's not the most important one. If you can win your battles nobody will Question the Size. In todays NHL, it's About Speed, Skating, IQ and having at least one Special ability to seperate yourself from others.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Would anyone take Rossi over Stutzle? I’m very torn on this question myself. Love both but I think Rossi ends up the better two-way forward.
I doubted the hype for Stutzle early in the Season, but he won me over with his U-20 Performance and the game Germany played without him there. He was able to Keep up with good Players in the Top6 of the 2nd best Team in the DEL. That's a positiv for sure. I'd say the POs could have changed that, but we won't know.
Haven't seen enough of Rossi to compare.

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
I doubted the hype for Stutzle early in the Season, but he won me over with his U-20 Performance and the game Germany played without him there. He was able to Keep up with good Players in the Top6 of the 2nd best Team in the DEL. That's a positiv for sure. I'd say the POs could have changed that, but we won't know.
Haven't seen enough of Rossi to compare.

I think I’d go Stutzle but Rossi’s two-way game and incredible hockey IQ have me tempted. They’re ranked a very close 3 and 4 for me.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary

Imo Stutzle is the second best, Rossi is the third best prospect this year.

I think both have all the things you'd want in a player and will be special, dynamic players but you can't ignore that skating from Stutzle. Opens up so much.

Reactions: TPOEJ6489
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad