2020 NHL Entry Draft - Never too early....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
If the take is calling them generational after they’ve established themselves and not predicting their careers at the draft, only one or maybe two of those goalies is generational. The rest would be considered franchise

It's the draft and the starting Point is Askarov. It's not About the end of their Career, it's About the prediction of their future NHL career.

I have 4+4 generational prospects in the last 22? years. That's Nothing. That's why there is talk About Askarov and the Position he will get drafted. Does one think he is a generational prospect and he should in fact go Top5? I don't think this is the way to go with him. Not seeing all the starting Goalies and Cup Winning Goalies and how many high drafted Goalies ended up.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
I really hope Askarov is picked before us. It means a better chance of one of the top-7 guys dropping. I’d also like to see Sanderson and/or Lundell go before us too. This is if we’re not picking top-3.

Reactions: Cowch

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Sanderson Holtz Quinn. I prefer Sanderson but would be happy with any as well as Raymond and Rossi.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Generational superstar Marat Khusnutdinov at #35. Feeling pretty good about winning the Stanley Cup and then drafting the GOAT.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Brandon Coe, Emil Andrae, Brett Berard, Emil Heineman all projected to be available with our 2nd round pick.

Ian Moore and Zion Nybeck available with our first 3rd round pick.

Cross Hanas, Alexander Pahsin, Kasper Simontaival, Tristen Robins, Christoffer Sedoff available with our second 3rd round pick.

Could be a good draft, boys.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
It’s a little shocking to see how much Sanderson has moved up people’s draft boards. I swear he was barely in the top 10 when hockey ended in March. Now he’s in many people’s top 5.

I really think people are way too bored combined with a lack of defensemen being available. Regardless the hawks don’t need a defenseman with their first pick. We need a two way forward.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
It’s a little shocking to see how much Sanderson has moved up people’s draft boards. I swear he was barely in the top 10 when hockey ended in March. Now he’s in many people’s top 5.

I really think people are way too bored combined with a lack of defensemen being available. Regardless the hawks don’t need a defenseman with their first pick. We need a two way forward.

Like I said yesterday, someone is gonna pick Sanderson before 9, bet on it.

For the record, I do like Sanderson, but not before 9. Sanderson would be a mid teens pick for me.

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'm sure you would as a Gatineau native ;)

But I'm right there with you. Really high on both those guys. I've been saying for a couple months now that if there's no big faller, Quinn will be the pick.
Quinn reminds me too much of Gilbert Brule. A power forward in a skilled forward's body. I'm not sure his game will translate. Brule was even smaller than Quinn, but the same principle applies.

I've seen a lot of Alexander Holtz around 9th so if the Hawks pick there he'd be my guy despite the defensive deficits. You can't teach that shot.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You also can't teach shot IQ which he lacks. On the other hand, Quinn has that box checked.
Quinn would get killed hanging out in front of the net like he does in the NHL. If he is successful, he might be one of those guys who either gets injured a bunch or flames out in his late 20s.

Most of Quinn's goals are of the greasy variety. I just don't know how that's going to translate.

Last edited:

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Call me crazy ( wait a second ) .. but I like one syllable names ... Jack Quinn.
No fuss .. no muss ... just the facts Ma'am.
My name is Jack Quinn ... I'm here to help you win a Cup.
Now Marco Rossi ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad