2020 NHL Entry Draft 2 - 17th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
@TheDachKnight could Lundell handle NHL minutes next season if say the Hawks move Strome in a deal this offseason and bring in Lundell similar to the way they brought in Dach with light minutes that progresses over the course of the season into regular 3rd line minutes?

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
@TheDachKnight could Lundell handle NHL minutes next season if say the Hawks move Strome in a deal this offseason and bring in Lundell similar to the way they brought in Dach with light minutes that progresses over the course of the season into regular 3rd line minutes?

I don’t think that’s out of the question. He played in a men’s league and was over a half a point per game while being very solid defensively. I’d say if he plays well in camp, it’s likely whatever team drafts him gives him a 9-game look. Having said that, he’s a longshot to be there at 17. I think Winnipeg is the biggest team where if he makes it past them, he might have a chance of falling. Florida, too.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
Holtz I could see falling a bit later than projected. Perfetti is another one who I think could fall if he makes it past Detroit and Buffalo. I don’t think either falls to 17, though. I think best case scenario, one of Quinn/Mercer/Jarvis falls. I think all 3 have very high ceilings with Mercer having the best two-way game, Quinn having the best shot, and Jarvis having arguably the highest ceiling/lowest floor of the 3. Although one could argue that Quinn’s ceiling is higher than Jarvis’.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Didn’t he just start working out like a year or two ago? Some commitment issues there :sarcasm:
That makes him more intriguing. He had a massive boost in production after he started working out and taking training seriously. If he can make leaps like that in a short amount of time, imagine what he can look like in a few more years.

Reactions: TheDachKnight

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
That makes him more intriguing. He had a massive boost in production after he started working out and taking training seriously. If he can make leaps like that in a short amount of time, imagine what he can look like in a few more years.

I know, I was making up a reason for him to fall.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
Jack Quinn only scored a measly 52 goals. He must not be disciplined, and playing on the 2nd line instead of 1st? Bet he's a coaches worst nightmare...

He didn’t even play with Marco Rossi. He must be a problem in the locker room if he wasn’t playing with their best player.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Draft Dynssty has just put Tristen Robbins at#17...

This is much higher than the "consensus" rankings which place him late 2nd to early 3rd round...and even higher than Draft Dynasty had himas one if their "hidden gems" in their video analysis of his game where the comments were just glowing as to all the things he does well and that he compares to cobsensuscfirst roundsr Mavrik Bourque in skill level but is a better work ethic and more physical player too...so they asked if you could get a better version of Bourqie in thec49s ratger than take Bourque in the lateteens or early 20s....then I guess on reflection Mr.St.Pierre who does the Draft Dynasty draft prospect analysis on youtube,must have just decided to go with his conviction on where Robins shoukd be ranked (a few spots ahead of Bourque) to back up his own glowing report on this kid.
Whike Robbins posted a 1.17 ppg this season ,he did come on at 1.55 ppg on the 2nd half of tgecseadon that was played and most kids who did that are considered 1stvrounders..somplacing Robinsxat #17 actually be a better reflection on his talent than the"cobsensus" rankings.

It shoukd be noted that yes Robins is another "older" player at 18 with a November 2001 birthdate ...but interestingly if you compare him to Pius Suter whose final OHL year was played as an 18 year old back in2014/15...Suter put up 1.18 ppg...(Suter with a May birtdate would have played the 2014/15 season starting 6 months older than Robins was starting his 2019/20 season with Saskatoon...

I do not know if Suter at age 24 now is heavier than the 180 lbs EliteProspectsvlists hom at ..b.butvtgey showRobinsxat 183lbs..both at 5'11..

Neither is a "big" player ...but they are not really smurfs either...

In any case I was hoping we could steal Robins with ourc#46 pick...but if other teans now also think Robins is 1st round worthy and upon analysis checks both the skiks,scoring ,passing and tge work ethic plays bigger than size box,then maybe we shoukdcgrab homat#17!

We did after all do well taking tfat other guy from the Saskatoon Blades last draft...it's a sign!

Reactions: Muffinalt

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I like Perrault but his defensive game sucks. Other than that, really like the prospect. Bordeleau is intriguing because he absolutely has that level of talent to be considered at 17. He’s kind of a wild card for me as he could go as early as mid-teens or as late as mid-2nd.

Amirov would likely be 4th on my list. Of the guys you listed, Mercer, Khusnutdinov, Amirov, Bordealeau, Perrault, Gunler, Holloway is how I’d rank them. Holloway is worth a late 1st/early 2nd but I wouldn’t take him at 17. I haven’t watched Gunler much yet but from what I’ve read, I like him more than Holloway.

Is Perrault a player they could put at wing going forward given his offensive ability but defensive deficiencies?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I like Dawson Mercer, but prefer Gunler, knowing he's pretty risky.
I don't think the Hawks will take Gunler though.

Who are your top 3-5 players that make for a typical Mark Kelley pick? Are there any Boqvist type guys in the 17-30 range that are maybe lower on some boards but would be as high as 17 if they slid a year to 2021 draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad