Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
That can also be the case. The thing is, if this is indeed legit and there are some draftees he likes, why does he give that info away? What value is to be gained from doing that?

That's exactly what I questioned. Bob, the guy who won't tell anybody anything about his team and players, is going to tell the world where he is focusing his upcoming draft scouting? You just have to chalk it up to old uncle Bob telling one of his tall tales to the grandkids.

Reactions: Opak

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

I haven't been following this draft as closely as past years, but Quinn is having a crazy good season and could be another shooter we could be looking at, although we will likely be picking higher than where he is slotted to go.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Speaking of Rossi, boy do I love what I have been reading on him. The size thing will scare teams away though probably

Reactions: Opak

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

I haven't been following this draft as closely as past years, but Quinn is having a crazy good season and could be another shooter we could be looking at, although we will likely be picking higher than where he is slotted to go.

Quinn hitting the 50 goal mark has to get him at least some top-10 attention. Think about some of the recent 50 goal draft year OHL guys -- he has the size that DeBrincat didn't have, while also having the speed and 2-way game that Kaliyev didn't have.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Speaking of Rossi, boy do I love what I have been reading on him. The size thing will scare teams away though probably

He's flat out incredible. Some are going as far as saying that he could give veteran NHLers some scares come training camp time...

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
That can also be the case. The thing is, if this is indeed legit and there are some draftees he likes, why does he give that info away? What value is to be gained from doing that?
Idk, something to give to the fans? Just a side comment that relevant to the question? I think it just makes more sense that he just made that comment without any hidden meaning or smoke screen behind it. Plus, it’s not like the team hasn’t drafted players none of us expected. Can be a similar case with these defenseman.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Just completed another mock draft, post deadline. Won the lottery again to select Lafreniere, also had Grans fall to the Bruins pick.

1-1- LW Alexis Lafreniere
1-31- RD Helge Grans

2-35- LD Emil Andrae Emil Andrae at eliteprospects.com
LD Emil Andrae - HV71, SWE JRs (2020 Draft)

3-66- LW Daniil Gushchin Daniil Gushchin at eliteprospects.com

F Daniil Gushchin - Muskegon Lumberjacks, USHL (2020 draft)

4-117- LD Wyatt Kaiser Wyatt Kaiser at eliteprospects.com

Andover's Wyatt Kaiser is a smooth-skating artist/defenseman | The Rink Live

5-128- LC Trevor Kuntar Trevor Kuntar at eliteprospects.com

6-159- LC Jack Smith Jack Smith at eliteprospects.com

Last edited:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Just completed another mock draft, post deadline. Won the lottery again to select Lafreniere, also had Grans fall to the Bruins pick.

1-1- LW Alexis Lafreniere
1-31- RD Helge Grans

2-35- LD Emil Andrae Emil Andrae at eliteprospects.com
LD Emil Andrae - HV71, SWE JRs (2020 Draft)

3-66- LW Daniil Gushchin Daniil Gushchin at eliteprospects.com

4-117- LD Wyatt Kaiser Wyatt Kaiser at eliteprospects.com

5-128- LC Trevor Kuntar Trevor Kuntar at eliteprospects.com

6-159- LC Jack Smith Jack Smith at eliteprospects.com
Please contact the team and let them know of your luck. Maybe we can send you to the lotto drawing. :DD

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
First overall would be incredible for the franchise, but honestly I'd be happy if we just stayed put at 5.

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
If we land from 4-8 and he's still available, we definitely need to select him. He's the best defenseman in this draft and that's what this team lacks now. 2021 is going to be stacked with great defensemen in the 1st round and if we are still going to be in the rebuild mode next season, imagine also landing Luke Hughes.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Drysdale or Stutzle is where we should be looking if we're out of the top 2. I'm not huge on Raymond or Holtz, I could be wrong though.

Also like Rossi

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
If we land from 4-8 and he's still available, we definitely need to select him. He's the best defenseman in this draft and that's what this team lacks now. 2021 is going to be stacked with great defensemen in the 1st round and if we are still going to be in the rebuild mode next season, imagine also landing Luke Hughes.
The reason we should draft him isn't because we need a defenseman, I legitimately think he's the 3rd best player in this draft

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Drysdale or Stutzle is where we should be looking if we're out of the top 2. I'm not huge on Raymond or Holtz, I could be wrong though.

Also like Rossi

I think Raymond and Holtz are somewhere between 6th-10th in the ranking. Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle, Drysdale and Rossi are the top 5 IMO, but especially Rossi could fall a bit if teams are afraid that his size is an issue. So hopefully Ducks get a top 5 pick, I would be extremely happy with anyone of those players.

Reactions: AngelDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think Raymond and Holtz are somewhere between 6th-10th in the ranking. Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle, Drysdale and Rossi are the top 5 IMO, but especially Rossi could fall a bit if teams are afraid that his size is an issue. So hopefully Ducks get a top 5 pick, I would be extremely happy with anyone of those players.
Agree completely

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I'd take Stutzle over Byfield for sure. Byfield has BFN syndrome. (Big for nothing) He will be a Wal-Mart version of Malkin while Stutzle will be Marner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad