2020 NHL Draft Thread: Who knows how many more days until this year's hockey tryouts? - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeves

Aug 21, 2020
Watched draft dynasty's breakdown of Tristen Robins and I like him quite a bit. I feel like sometimes we need some guys that just go out there, make some hits, play super hard and fire the team up.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Or a pop up bunt attempt. I'm leery of guys whose effort is questioned.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If one of Perfetti or Rossi are still around after the 7th pick is done, do you offer BUF Foligno and the 9th for the chance to move up a spot?

While they need C's, the same as us, their need is for more a of a 2C who will take on defensive responsibilities, as they have Eichel to be "the guy". We, OTOH, need a C who excels offensively.

Foligno would give a dose badly needed professionalism to BUF's bottom six, and since he is from there, is a good fit.

Seems a steep price to pay, but we need top end talent.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If one of Perfetti or Rossi are still around after the 7th pick is done, do you offer BUF Foligno and the 9th for the chance to move up a spot?

While they need C's, the same as us, their need is for more a of a 2C who will take on defensive responsibilities, as they have Eichel to be "the guy". We, OTOH, need a C who excels offensively.

Foligno would give a dose badly needed professionalism to BUF's bottom six, and since he is from there, is a good fit.

Perfetti isn't a center

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey

I don’t necessarily think they need a defensive responsible center. For most teams your 2C is offensive minded too. You can find plenty of 3Cs out there that bring defense into their game.

In your scenario I’d just roll the dice since they would want Lundell if they are searching for a 2 way center. Rossi would be ours then.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Well, y'all better let go of the Lundell dreams now. He's not making it to 9.

Reactions: Leeves

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

It'd be a little hilarious if we missed out on a guy that addressed his greatest weakness and turned into exactly what we want... all because the timing of this specific draft was screwed up by a pandemic.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey

giphy.gif

Reactions: Bazeek

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’d be very surprised if both Sanderson and Drysdale aren’t gone by 9. It’s only happened twice in the last 10 years that only one defenseman went in the top 8 and in both those years (2011 and 2016) the 9th pick was also a defenseman. On McKenzie’s list which is made up of scouts opinions from the bottom 10 teams, two scouts had Sanderson 3rd. Both Sanderson and Drysdale were ranked higher than 9th there as well. I could see the top 10 going like this:
1-NYR: Lafreniere
2-LAK: Stutzle
3-OTT: Byfield
4-DET: Raymond
5-OTT: Drysdale
6-ANA: Rossi
7-NJD: Holtz
8-Buffalo: Sanderson
9-Minnesota: Perfetti
10-Winnipeg: Lundell

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah I would take Lundell over Perfetti in a heartbeat. Just playing the numbers game that not all of the "top 8" hit their potential, my best money is on Perfetti.

Leeves

Aug 21, 2020

I absolutely would for rossi. I'm not too sure about perfetti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad