2020 NHL Draft Thread: Who knows how many more days until this year's hockey tryouts? - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Also, Lapierre is probably the most skilled natural center after Byfield and Rossi, but you really have to relax your expectations on "no doubt about it" given his injury issues. This is a top 10 talent who's probably going to fall pretty fast.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I have a lot of guys I don't think will fall, but I'm hoping just one does.

Reichel
Peterka
Gunler
Brisson
Mysak
Colangelo
Yup, I would be good with all those guys. I really like Colangelo and Mysak

Did some more research, give me Ponomaryov at 39. Though, I don't see how he makes it there. I think he could be this year/next years Adam Beckman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leeves

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Watching breakdowns of Lundell and he just seems so smart that he will be able to produce at a 2c level along with playing great defense. Doesn’t seem to be a play driving center but I think he can put up points as a playmaker with a good shot. He does seem to think the game well and find his teammates with good passes.

Reactions: a79krgm and HotDish

Leeves

Aug 21, 2020
Best combo of hands, feet, shot and vision.

As the guys mentioned, zary is probably the top pick. After that you have guys like bourque or possibly Lapierre if you can get by his injury history. I believe Mercer played mostly wing but people project him as a C

Leeves

Aug 21, 2020
Did some more research, give me Ponomaryov at 39. Though, I don't see how he makes it there. I think he could be this year/next years Adam Beckman.

Yup, I'm on board with him as well. From what I read consistency is his main problem but when he's on, he's really good. I would be fine taking a chance on him.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
If there was a scouting company that specifically scouted Eastern Europe, Russia, and Scandinavia - they would make a killing.

NHL teams suck at scouting those regions.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
If there was a scouting company that specifically scouted Eastern Europe, Russia, and Scandinavia - they would make a killing.

NHL teams suck at scouting those regions.
I think Dallas has a full time Finnish scout. I might be misremembering the article I read, but he is a former finnish North Star goalie. It would explain why I feel like their team has exploded with Finnish players in recent years.

Edit: ok I looked it up. His name is Kari Takko. Looks like he heads up their whole European scouting now.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Detroit used to be known for the prowess of their European scouting....maybe still are.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
People would actually complain if we drafted the next Mikko at #9?
Not if he’s a sure-shot to be Mikko. They don’t play all the similar though, and you’ve gotta remember, Mikko wasn’t a top 6 center until his d+7 season.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Not if he’s a sure-shot to be Mikko. They don’t play all the similar though, and you’ve gotta remember, Mikko wasn’t a top 6 center until his d+7 season.

Small nitpick, but I think Mikko was our 2nd line center in his D+6. 54 points in 82 games playing 17+ minutes per night.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
And that is? Not being snarky, I just want to know what prospect is the next point that will be available around 9.
I presume he was talking about Rossi. Both are small centers who had “skating issues” going into their draft. The only problem with the comparison is that Point turned into a top 10 Skater in the world and Rossi’s skating issues aren’t real. I do wonder how much better Rossi’s skating will get though as he’s pretty physically developed, especially lower body-wise.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I presume he was talking about Rossi. Both are small centers who had “skating issues” going into their draft. The only problem with the comparison is that Point turned into a top 10 Skater in the world and Rossi’s skating issues aren’t real. I do wonder how much better Rossi’s skating will get though as he’s pretty physically developed, especially lower body-wise.
That was my guess. Pretty optimistic to think Rossi will be at 9 though.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
That was my guess. Pretty optimistic to think Rossi will be at 9 though.
I think he has a good chance of getting there, personally. Somebody said something about it to Wheeler in his comments on an Athletic article asking “what are the chances Rossi is there at 9 for MN” and he said from what he’s hearing, slightly more likely than unlikely. Also said he’d be shocked if one of Rossi/Raymond/Perfett/Holtz didn’t fall to 9.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I think he has a good chance of getting there, personally. Somebody said something about it to Wheeler in his comments on an Athletic article asking “what are the chances Rossi is there at 9 for MN” and he said from what he’s hearing, slightly more likely than unlikely. Also said he’d be shocked if one of Rossi/Raymond/Perfett/Holtz didn’t fall to 9.
just pray that Askarov goes top 8 and we have a tough choice of which is better at 9.

Apr 4, 2015
Minneapolis
It’s a home run draft if we land any of those 4.
I actually think someone’s gonna take Lundell over Rossi

Leeves

Aug 21, 2020
And that is? Not being snarky, I just want to know what prospect is the next point that will be available around 9.

Haha, man i wish I knew. When our pick comes around and if we pick lundell I'll say who I would have rather picked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad