2020 NHL Draft Thread: Who knows how many more days until this year's hockey tryouts? - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would freak if we took Raymond at #3 over Stutzle, or even Drysdale, who I think is going to be a star. Course, the whole debate would be a nice problem to have, instead of the one we are likely to have, which is Askarov, Zary, or Mercer.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
I would freak if we took Raymond at #3 over Stutzle, or even Drysdale, who I think is going to be a star. Course, the whole debate would be a nice problem to have, instead of the one we are likely to have, which is Askarov, Zary, or Mercer.
I feel as though our management is competent enough to take whoever is leftover at #3 between Stützle and Byfield. I am a MN sports fan though so who knows

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
post vid of table flip for our viewing pleasure. if we won the #1 pick and got a massive overpayment to drop to #2 or even 3 id take it.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
post vid of table flip for our viewing pleasure. if we won the #1 pick and got a massive overpayment to drop to #2 or even 3 id take it.

Yeah I'd take it too if it were a massive overpayment. That's what I said.

If it happens, I'll post a video of me flipping a table.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yeah I'd take it too if it were a massive overpayment. That's what I said.

If it happens, I'll post a video of me flipping a table.
This question is always fun and I'm curious: what would be massive overpayment to you?

For me:

Ottawa: #2+#4
L.A.: #3+Turcotte
Anaheim: #5+Zegras+
NJ: #6+#10+#17

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This question is always fun and I'm curious: what would be massive overpayment to you?

For me:

Ottawa: #2+#4
L.A.: #3+Turcotte
Anaheim: #5+Zegras+
NJ: #6+#10+#17

Ottawa and LA sound about right. For Detroit I’d need whatever pick they had plus Seider/Zadina plus probably a 2nd. Even then, that one is iffy for me. I wouldn’t bother trading out of the top 3. To trade back to 6 with the Devils I would need 6+Hughes+Smith.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'll do a full list based on the order here, assuming we land first and everybody else 1-10 just moves down a spot. Again, I wouldn't likely explore a trade down past 3, but for fun I'll include them anyway.

2, Detroit: 2+Seider
3, Ottawa: 3+4
4, Ottawa: 4+Tkachuk
5, LA: 5+Turcotte+Kaliyev
6, Anaheim: 6+Zegras+Larsson
7, NJ: 7+Hughes+Smith
8, Buffalo: Eichel
9, Montreal: 9+Kotkaniemi+Suzuki
10, Chicago: 10+Dach+Beaudin+2nd

Some of those are iffy, and if I took more time to consider I'd probably ask for more, but that's a general idea.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Only way I trade away #1 is if Ottawa offered #2 and #4 or LA offers #3 + Turcotte.

That way you're still guaranteed one of Byfield, Rossi, or Perfetti.

I've been watching a lot of Rossi recently and I have to say, he's really making me wonder who the best Center in the draft may be.

Reactions: nickschultzfan

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Only way I trade away #1 is if Ottawa offered #2 and #4 or LA offers #3 + Turcotte.

I've been watching a lot of Rossi recently and I have to say, he's really making me wonder who the best Center in the draft may be.

Wat

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009

The more tape I watch the more I am impressed by him. Rossi is going to go top-5 and he is the most NHL-ready center in the draft. Given Guerin's experience with Crosby, I can see Guerin really liking Rossi. If we were picking 2, I would be comfortable picking him over Byfield. Especially where the Wild are at as a team.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
The more tape I watch the more I am impressed by him. Rossi is going to go top-5 and he is the most NHL-ready center in the draft. Given Guerin's experience with Crosby, I can see Guerin really liking Rossi. If we were picking 2, I would be comfortable picking him over Byfield. Especially where the Wild are at as a team.
Scott Wheeler of The Athletic actually lived with Rossi and his billet family for 3 days in late 2018 In a recent podcast he was a guest on, Scott was asked about the upcoming draft and he completely glossed over Byfield and Lafreniere to specifically rave about Rossi. He thinks Rossi has a legit shot at being the gem of the draft and will have no problem starting right away.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Love all these scenarios where we pick top 3, but I am bracing for someone to move up past us into the top 3, dropping us down a spot further. I know it was fun to have that mini winning streak in the last part of the season, but it almost ensured that we are going to get a middle of the pack player rather than a difference maker...again.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Love all these scenarios where we pick top 3, but I am bracing for someone to move up past us into the top 3, dropping us down a spot further. I know it was fun to have that mini winning streak in the last part of the season, but it almost ensured that we are going to get a middle of the pack player rather than a difference maker...again.
Trade up. We have the chips. Push them into the pot.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Disagree. We cannot get to 1 or 2, but 3 and beyond is manageable.

3 is not manageable. Please tell me how we would move from 11 to 3.

Ottawa currently holds the 2nd and 3rd picks, so let's assume they end up with 3. Tell me how we get that pick from Ottawa.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
3 is not manageable. Please tell me how we would move from 11 to 3.

Ottawa currently holds the 2nd and 3rd picks, so let's assume they end up with 3. Tell me how we get that pick from Ottawa.
Matt Dumba, Adam Beckman, #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad