Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Thread Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
that is bad asset managment in my eyes. sure its not like homer bad. but we should have take a lot of good players with this draft picks. first and foremost with the Braun picks.

i like him but not for that price. not before the trade an not after we will make the playoffs
He can still make moves after the season to stock up again. Hopefully he takes advantage of some unsustainable performances this year.
Just thought it was something to look at. The picks moved were all for "rental" pieces. They are going to be a little thin in the middle rounds which isn't ideal (those picks are often used to move up in draft day trades).

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
These splits are bonkers. Anyone here familiar w/ Seth Jarvis?

E210DB62-91BF-4AB9-B51A-860B590F38AA.jpeg

*The 2nd split is supposed to say 33GP*

Last edited:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Good lord that kid is a riser isn't he?

This kid might be in our wheelhouse (hopefully) when it comes time to draft. The other thing to take away about those stats from Jarvis is that look at the quality of the rest of his team. He has 26 more points than 2nd place on his team and is at least a year younger than the next 4 people below him in the line up (for points).

Reactions: TB87

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Cant say I have focused much on Jarvis (only just about done with my Euro guys scouting for the year! Then usually shift focus a bit to CHL). But have seen maybe ~2-3 Winterhawks games... mainly vs Everett and Calgary for obvious reasons.

I do remember him being a surprisingly feisty SOB at times for a smaller guy. And a decent turn of speed too.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Cant say I have focused much on Jarvis (only just about done with my Euro guys scouting for the year! Then usually shift focus a bit to CHL). But have seen maybe ~2-3 Winterhawks games... mainly vs Everett and Calgary for obvious reasons.

I do remember him being a surprisingly feisty SOB at times for a smaller guy. And a decent turn of speed too.

Similar to someone like Konecny?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Is this a good draft outside the top 10? I hardly know anyone this year.

It is the best Euro crop in years.

North American analysts have been underselling the depth a bit because they did not know who guys like Peterka, Reichel, Nybeck, Hirvonen, Mysak, Chromiak, Knazko, Grans, Wallinder, Andrae, Niederbach, Johannesson etc were until a few months ago (and underrated a lot of the ones they did know...) ... and still probably dont know a few.

The North American side of the draft is a bit top heavy and mediocre after that. The Euro side means there will be some really interesting players in the late 1st and early 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad