Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Thread Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
He’s a very, very good goalie. Seriously. He’s outstanding
I do not think he made a single decent save in wjc under 20 yo. He did not have any looks. I have no idea why Khabibulin continue to play him. To much risk.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I do not think he made a single decent save in wjc under 20 yo. He did not have any looks. I have no idea why Khabibulin continue to play him. To much risk.

17 year old struggles at the WJC? That’s what happens. It’s rare for 17YO to play well.

Also, regular season play>>>>>>>>>the small sample that is the WJC

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
17 year old struggles at the WJC? That’s what happens. It’s rare for 17YO to play well.

Also, regular season play>>>>>>>>>the small sample that is the WJC
maybe... but he did not just struggle.

TB87

May 30, 2018
maybe... but he did not just struggle.

His performance at the WJC doesn’t diminish his standing as one of the best goalies that have come out in the draft the past few seasons.

He’s big, extremely athletic, and is a refined technician. .923 Sv% in 17GP in the VHL (2nd tier pro league behind the KHL) as a 17 year old is impressive.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
His performance at the WJC doesn’t diminish his standing as one of the best goalies that have come out in the draft the past few seasons.

He’s big, extremely athletic, and is a refined technician. .923 Sv% in 17GP in the VHL (2nd tier pro league behind the KHL) as a 17 year old is impressive.

It does on HFboards where career’s are made as well as lost at the WJC’s.

Reactions: Appleyard

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017

I guess you like him? I do not and would be royally pissed of if we wasted our 1st round pick on someone like him. Do we need to go on about it?

TB87

May 30, 2018
Liking Askarov as a prospect≠I want the Flyers to draft him

I’d be genuinely confused if the Flyers drafted him.

Reactions: Chinatown88

hystyk1921

Jun 17, 2015
south jersey
I don’t see the flyers taking Askarov in the first round. Top 15 pick for sure. In the late rounds yeah I could see another goalie drafted again. first round love Connor Zary, Jack Quinn, john jason peterka, Dawson Mercer, or Jeremie Poirier. Quinn and Zary are who I want the most. 2nd rounders stranges, brisson, wiesblatt, nybeck, pytlik, mysak, Knak, reichel, grans, and smilanic. Just to name a few lol

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Martin Chromiak is tearing it up with Kingston. At this rate I don't think he'll make it to the 3rd round. August birthday.
If you participate in the board mock draft you better not take him.
I would love it if Chuck scooped him up in the 2nd. But my realistic expectations are for another Haag/Ginning.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
You mean all the players you want to scoop up in the 2nd round are now 1st round talents? If so, I'm in the same boat.

Also based on my expert draft viewings, Mavrik Bourque is the next Claude Giroux and we should take him when we inevitably draft at 22.

No, I mean it's hard to find guys I'd really like us to take. This is based on almost nothing that matters, so I'll wait and see what people have to say about them, but not many leap off the page at me and they usually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->