2020 NHL Draft Thread: only 365 more days until next years hockey tryouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
You still prefer Mercer?
I’d take Jarvis over Mercer, but I don’t think Jarvis is there when we pick. He’s so fast and skilled. He’s so physically immature too that when he finishes turning into a man I think he’ll be a monster.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I still want two C's with the first two picks. Just keep throwing darts till they hit the bullseye.

Reactions: DANOZ28

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
As long as the C's are in the area of BPA, I agree. I just don't want to see them reach because of organizational need.
NHL centers are worth 150-200% a comparable winger. "NHL BPA" acts like they are only 110% better and right shots are worth the same as left shots.

If BPA was actually BPA, the lottery would be 8 centers, 3 RHD, 2 LHD, and 1 RW.

Skilled LWs would be treated like NFL interior linemen and inside linebackers. Goalies like NFL running backs and kickers.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
NHL centers are worth 150-200% a comparable winger. "NHL BPA" acts like they are only 110% better and right shots are worth the same as left shots.

If BPA was actually BPA, the lottery would be 8 centers, 3 RHD, 2 LHD, and 1 RW.

Skilled LWs would be treated like NFL interior linemen and inside linebackers. Goalies like NFL running backs and kickers.

Which is why I said "in the area". For example, if we pick at 17 and if for some reason a player like Jamie Drysdale fell to us...we don't pass on him because we need centers more than defense. In that event, Guerin runs to the podium to select Drysdale.

But if at 17 there are a few players at different positions more or less evenly ranked on the Wild draft board, at that point you can say "all things being equal, lets go with center because that fills a need."

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Which is why I said "in the area". For example, if we pick at 17 and if for some reason a player like Jamie Drysdale fell to us...we don't pass on him because we need centers more than defense. In that event, Guerin runs to the podium to select Drysdale.

But if at 17 there are a few players at different positions more or less evenly ranked on the Wild draft board, at that point you can say "all things being equal, lets go with center because that fills a need."
I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t look at it that way. We need a C, but if you’re going to be waiting on whichever C you draft here to eventually come in and be your 1C, you’re going to be waiting a long-time, if it even happens. I think Guerin knows he has to address the issue immediately, so it has to be done through trade. Between Ek and Khovanov, there’s some depth at the 2/3C position in the system. I think they just take the best player available.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yes , but another wing. I want nothing but C's. Maybe a big, talented, like Guhle or Schneider( who I really like), or a goalie.

You can usually convert C's to the wing, but it's harder going the opposite way.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Yes , but another wing. I want nothing but C's. Maybe a big, talented, like Guhle or Schneider( who I really like), or a goalie.

You can usually convert C's to the wing, but it's harder going the opposite way.
I just want more players that make me feel like Fiala does. I don’t care where they play. We can get by with Kunin and Ek as top 6 C’s if each of our top 6 wingers is giving up 70+ points

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I just want more players that make me feel like Fiala does. I don’t care where they play. We can get by with Kunin and Ek as top 6 C’s if each of our top 6 wingers is giving up 70+ points
I care. Centers and only centers.

Fiala. Donato. Kaprizov. Boldy. Beckman. Firstov.

Wild are already loaded at wing.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
There's a decent chance that the Caps and Pens will meet in the 1st round of the playoffs.....That 1st round pick could look pretty good if the Caps win.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if our better 1st round pick happened to be the one we get from the Pens?

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I care. Centers and only centers.

Fiala. Donato. Kaprizov. Boldy. Beckman. Firstov.

Wild are already loaded at wing.

I haven’t seen anything of Quinn yet, but if we can add a 50 goal guy and flip him for a developed center in a package, I’d do it. As long as we draft one center in the first, I’m good. We can make trades down the road.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Laffy
Byfield
Rossi
Stutzle
Drysdale
Perfetti
Holtz
Raymond
Lundell

Al the above guys appear to be in a higher tier. They are followed by;
Quinn
Askarov
Sanderson
Zary
Mercer
Gunler
Holloway
Guhle
Schneider

Which is where we are most likely to pick. To me, it's between Zary and Mercer. They are not only C's, but very close to being BPA.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
well if hockey ends today we'd get the 11th-13th pick im guessing. if nobody good drops im interested in C connor zary. im not sure who "jarvis" is somebody else said he had speed which i like. guessing around 24th or 25th from the pens. i hope we pick another C ! (preferably with speed). anybody know anything about lw egor sokolov or D man yan kuznetzov? (both 6'4") could be interesting later picks.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Assuming the top 9 doesn’t fall to us, I’d be looking for Zary or Mercer at 11.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
For sure.
Then maybe take a chance on Lapierre if he is still around at #25, though I would be tempted by the two big Dmen from the WHL, Guhle and Schneider, if they are still around. Same with Askarov.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
My super uneducated opinion, assuming the top 9 goes chalk, I think I would be pretty satisfied with two of:

Zary
Jarvis
Mercer
Bourque
Sanderson
Poirier
Foerster
Quinn

From our two 1st rounders, then hope for Farrell, Biondi or Perrault with the 2nd rounder.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I like Jarvis a lot even if he’s not a C. If we leave the draft with Perfetti or Jarvis I’m pumped. The C position needs to be addressed Much sooner than any of these players are going to play, anyways. Mercer Is a good pick too. Not a huge fan of Zary these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad