2020 NHL Draft Thread: only 365 more days until next years hockey tryouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’m not a Holloway fan but I Haven’t seen a ton of him

I’m sure he has a similar chance to be a fine player as most guys taken in the top 15 in a given year, but considering what the top 9 looks like this year, and what this team needs, it would feel very disappointing to come out of this season without one of them.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’m sure he has a similar chance to be a fine player as most guys taken in the top 15 in a given year, but considering what the top 9 looks like this year, and what this team needs, it would feel very disappointing to come out of this season without one of them.
I would need a life-time supply of whiskey and a get-away month at a cottage before I could get over leaving Montreal without one of the big 9

Kase

May 1, 2016
What do you guys think of Jack Quinn?

For me he has separated himself from rest of the group following the big 9 for the moment, and I might even consider him above some of the guys in that group. Want to see him more though before feeling comfortable at doing so.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

For me he has separated himself from rest of the group following the big 9 for the moment, and I might even consider him above some of the guys in that group. Want to see him more though before feeling comfortable at doing so.

Playing on a stacked OHL team with Marco Rossi and a bunch of other overagers.

Not a chance I’d take him top 10. Would look at him with our second if he’s still there.

Kase

May 1, 2016
Playing on a stacked OHL team with Marco Rossi and a bunch of other overagers.

Not a chance I’d take him top 10. Would look at him with our second if he’s still there.

That's fair, I definitely understand why one would think it's crazy to have him that high, mainly because of those reasons you just said and him being a late bd also.

Is there something about his game that you don't like?

I think he has one of the most complete skill sets in the draft and haven't really found any weaknesses in his game. And he has several high end tools like one of the best shots/scoring touch in the entire draft, crazy good hands and great skating which he has improved noticeably during the season. Has shown great smarts, playmaking, hustle, defensive effort, kills penalties etc.

I think he is very good bet to get impact top 6 winger with legit first line potential. Honestly, I'm not sure what Holtz for example offers that Quinn doesn't, other than having better pedigree. All this is very bold, I know, but if he falls past 15, I really hope Wild can pick him up.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That's fair, I definitely understand why one would think it's crazy to have him that high, mainly because of those reasons you just said and him being a late bd also.

Is there something about his game that you don't like?

I think he has one of the most complete skill sets in the draft and haven't really found any weaknesses in his game. And he has several high end tools like one of the best shots/scoring touch in the entire draft, crazy good hands and great skating which he has improved noticeably during the season. Has shown great smarts, playmaking, hustle, defensive effort, kills penalties etc.

I think he is very good bet to get impact top 6 winger with legit first line potential. Honestly, I'm not sure what Holtz for example offers that Quinn doesn't, other than having better pedigree. All this is very bold, I know, but if he falls past 15, I really hope Wild can pick him up.

I don’t know anything about his game, so you’re probably more qualified than I am in that regard. I’m just looking at all the red flags for taking someone that high. I’d even take a look at him if we were drafting 15-20. But if we end up top 10? That’s a lot of risk.

Kase

May 1, 2016
I don’t know anything about his game, so you’re probably more qualified than I am in that regard. I’m just looking at all the red flags for taking someone that high. I’d even take a look at him if we were drafting 15-20. But if we end up top 10? That’s a lot of risk.

Yeah, I've only seen two games + videos of all of his points this season, so I'm not exactly an expert either when it comes to him, or for anyone else for that matter.

I'd probably target someone else too with the Wilds first rounder if it ends up being a top 10 pick, but if they can get another first rounder, he is the one player I would be targeting.

Reactions: AKL

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018

I think somebody bites on the production in the top 20. I wouldn’t. I think he’s worth a 22-31ish pick. He’s got interesting tools and he looked good in the top prospect game. I think my mind could change on him come Draft day, but right now I just haven’t seen enough translatable NHL skill for him to project over some of the guys in front of him.

Reactions: Tuntrui

Kase

May 1, 2016
I think somebody bites on the production in the top 20. I wouldn’t. I think he’s worth a 22-31ish pick. He’s got interesting tools and he looked good in the top prospect game. I think my mind could change on him come Draft day, but right now I just haven’t seen enough translatable NHL skill for him to project over some of the guys in front of him.

Yeah, I think some teams might value him very highly and he could go surprisingly high because of that. For me it isn't even about the production really, but the skill set of his. Although the production is pretty decent too, leading OHL in goals and what, 21 goals in the past 15 games and 3 hat tricks in past 8 games..

Btw do you happen to know If I can find that top prospects game from somewhere to watch? couldn't catch it at the time. edit. Just found it myself.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
:( of course he is.
Funny enough, he is second on the team in faceoffs (87 wins of 178 draws, 49%). Turcotte is first at 280. Wisconsin has 6 players with 100+ faceoffs this year, so everyone has been getting their shot at playing down the middle.

If we have the 12th pick in the draft I refuse to be disappointed with picking Holloway. He is very capable of playing center, especially with his speed. That being said, if it's a top 10 pick I think there are better players available even if they are not a center...

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Funny enough, he is second on the team in faceoffs (87 wins of 178 draws, 49%). Turcotte is first at 280. Wisconsin has 6 players with 100+ faceoffs this year, so everyone has been getting their shot at playing down the middle.

If we have the 12th pick in the draft I refuse to be disappointed with picking Holloway. He is very capable of playing center, especially with his speed. That being said, if it's a top 10 pick I think there are better players available even if they are not a center...

Yeah, wouldn’t be disappointed with Holloway at 12, but would be disappointed that we ended up at 12.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
:DD Ok...is he that fast? Faster than Turcotte? That other guy, starts with a W(weisblatt?)...he is crazy fast.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
I actually wouldn’t mind taking Drysdale, I think he’s good enough to give us the flexibility to move Dumba for a top-6 C

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I actually wouldn’t mind taking Drysdale, I think he’s good enough to give us the flexibility to move Dumba for a top-6 C

I'd still prefer Lundell, Rossi or Byfield of course, but if it's choosing between a winger or Drysdale, I take Drysdale every time.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I just hope we hit on whoever we draft @ 13th. We need a C and all, but we also just need high-end skill.

Reactions: AKL

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think we are going to end up with Lundell. Would be a very Wildian thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad