JUNqdzu.png

uXeHwAs.jpg

9ti761M.png

v2LKDY1.gif

Last edited:

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
We will have 1 of Raymond , Drysdale , Perfetti , Holtz , Sanderson or Rossi. Whoever we get is instantly our 1 prospect. Now imagine adding 2 players with Ty Smith-ish upside at 18 and 20. Tomorrow will be a big day.
I’ll be happy if we use all 3 picks but pleasantly surprised if we find the right young player to trade for with one of the picks. Would be nice to not be unwatchable again next year.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
I’m really curious as to how this will be presented live. Are most players (outside of the top 10 or so) have hats for almost every team?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
What is it, 5 minutes per pick? 3 minutes. Can’t remember because you know “devils draft Hischier...” *click* “Devils draft Hughes...” *click*

It's more of an unofficial clock, the TV broadcast kinda dictates things. If you were to rewatch the old drafts, you'll typically see some random NHL employee standing by the team's table and their job is basically to tell them when to head up to the stage.

One amusing thing for me from attending the draft was hearing the impatient fans who'd yell at a team to hurry up and make their pick. I forget which year it was, but I yelled back "The TV broadcast is still in a commercial!"

The intervals will range anywhere from 3 to 6 minutes depending on whether they feel the need to interview the player/GM/etc.

I still have last year's draft on my DVR:

1st pick (Hughes) 7:18 EST
7th pick (Cozens) 7:53 EST
18th pick (Harley) 9:01 EST
20th pick (Heinola) 9:13 EST

The timing will probably be slightly different this year, but that's probably a decent ballpark approximation.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
It's more of an unofficial clock, the TV broadcast kinda dictates things. If you were to rewatch the old drafts, you'll typically see some random NHL employee standing by the team's table and their job is basically to tell them when to head up to the stage.

One amusing thing for me from attending the draft was hearing the impatient fans who'd yell at a team to hurry up and make their pick. I forget which year it was, but I yelled back "The TV broadcast is still in a commercial!"

The intervals will range anywhere from 3 to 6 minutes depending on whether they feel the need to interview the player/GM/etc.

I still have last year's draft on my DVR:

1st pick (Hughes) 7:18 EST
7th pick (Cozens) 7:53 EST
18th pick (Harley) 9:01 EST
20th pick (Heinola) 9:13 EST

The timing will probably be slightly different this year, but that's probably a decent ballpark approximation.

Okay, maybe I'll tune in at like 7:30. Don't care about the first three picks.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I’m really curious as to how this will be presented live. Are most players (outside of the top 10 or so) have hats for almost every team?
Their Zoom background changes to match the team that selected them after it’s announced. The graphics guys are going to knock it out of the park. (I don’t actually know.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad