NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - PART XV [We got 3-5]

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
And Price was drafted 15 years ago, which means the cup has been won 15 times since then by 13-15 different goalies not named Price

My point being that you do not need a hall of fame goalie to win a cup, just a really good goalie.
So you’re saying they might have been better off picking kopitar and getting their Center they’ve been lacking forever and rolling with halak?

Definitely. Slim pickings that draft year especially after price.
Different this year. I get the arguments on both sides.
Askarov could be the best goalie in the league in a few years.
Then again, hogberg or daccord or soogard could be very good and we add Perfetti or Sanderson or Quinn or...

Guess I lean away from askarov. But won’t be too upset either way.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Simpson sure is pushing the Askarov to Ottawa angle quite a bit these days.

I hope he is disappointed come draft day.
Simmer does this kind of thing, of course Askarov is going to say that to an Ottawa station radio host. I’m sure he’d say he wants to win a cup in Anaheim if a station down there contacted him. Not sure it wasn't a tongue in cheek comment. He's a goalie, so I'm sure he's pulling for a goaltender.

Simmer definitely has contacts most of us don't, so maybe Askarov is a legit pick for us. Certainly hope not.

Last edited:

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
The closer the draft comes, the more and more I'm starting to believe Ottawa will draft Askarov at 5 :cry:

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Simmer does this kind of thing, of course Askarov is going to say that to an Ottawa station radio host. I’m sure he’d say he wants to win a cup in Anaheim if a station down there contacted him. Not sure it wasn't a tongue in cheek comment. He's a goalie, so I'm sure he's pulling for a goaltender.

Simmer definitely has contacts most of us don't, so maybe Askarov is a legit pick for us. Certainly hope not.
He’s also completely joking and wasn’t on the phone with askarov.

Reactions: NB613 and GCK

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I can't imagine the Sens have drastically shifted their draft list since Askarov started trending on Twitter.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Sounds like Sanderson is a sure thing at 5 unless the Wings take him. Way too much smoke.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
just for aguments sake,

Say we trade back to 7 and 18 with NJD or trade up to 14 with EDM,

Can we get Askarov at 17? At 14?

Is Askarov at 5 and Jarvis or Lundell at 14 better than Sanderson or Raymond at 5 and whatever we would have taken with the picks to move up to 14 (28, 33 ect)

I want Raymond myself, but Jarvis or Lundell and Askarov is pretty tempting, for example. No guarantee that those guys would be available ar 14 mind you...

Gtp3578

Oct 2, 2020
Ok so I know how this looks with a brand new account and everything so I don’t blame anyone who’s skeptical but I do have a good reason for doing it like this. I heard from someone I really trust about these things that Ottawa isn’t sold on Stutzle and will try to trade down if Byfield is taken by LA. If the right package isn’t there though for 3 they’ll take Rossi and take whichever of Sanderson or Quinn falls to 5.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Sounds like Sanderson is a sure thing at 5 unless the Wings take him. Way too much smoke.
I agree, waaaay too much smoke. I wouldn't be disappointed, but feel that the Sens would miss a huge opportunity when there are so many high impact forwards available at 5.

Reactions: Daffy

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Ok so I know how this looks with a brand new account and everything so I don’t blame anyone who’s skeptical but I do have a good reason for doing it like this. I heard from someone I really trust about these things that Ottawa isn’t sold on Stutzle and will try to trade down if Byfield is taken by LA. If the right package isn’t there though for 3 they’ll take Rossi and take whichever of Sanderson or Quinn falls to 5.

Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad