NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - PART XIV [We got 3-5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ygg

Feb 2, 2017
I keep seeing 'Sens fans' on twitter say stuff like Sens should draft Sanderson at 3, Askarov at 5, Perfetti at 3...

Can people just stop saying stuff like that? It makes the Sens fanbase look literally as bad as the Habs fanbase. Seriously

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
The LAK's board is quite a read, for a fanbase saying we are obsessed about them they sure do talk a lot about our fanbase.

Oh well, gimme anyone of the 2 and I'll be happy. My personal preference is Stutzle but Byfield's size and skills are insane too and he'll be a legit #1 C in this league, if they do take Stutzle, I'll be very happy too. Actually, I'd be very happy with The Athletic's mock draft which has us taking Byfield and Raymond, damn our offense would be sick down the line. I really, really hope they go with 2 Fs.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

tumblr_mtum5phCjj1sjchtqo1_500.gif

Reactions: NyQuil

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I thought it was a stupid question. One year of playing together in college doesn't matter for a team on a long term rebuild.

Long term? Our prospects are blossoming and getting overly ripe in AHL and core stars Chabot and Tkachuk in/entering their primes. 2 years from now our roster could/should be close to finished product.

Seeing Sanderson and JBD together in NCAA for a year and possibly important part of our top 4 2 years later makes sense.

Reactions: DJB

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
Thank god it sounds like PD is taking whoever’s left at 3 and not reaching. Not that it would’ve been likely anyways, but it’s nice to hear regardless.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
We were never going to reach at 3, our draft starts at #5, and they already know who they are taking there between 2 players.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
and they’ll probs be in the lineup next year
This is partly why I want Stutzle. I trust this organization more with his development than Byfield, as he's more ready and we get the option of playing him in Belleville.

Byfield needs another year in the OHL but we'd probably rush him. Not sure Melnyk would be patient with his new star.

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Raymond or Drysdale?
I have zero clue, they have the guy they have ranked 4th and guy they have ranked 5th to choose between. They have them ranked at this point, they will go over everyone for the last time this or next weekend, but I can't see them changing their rankings at this point. They will take whoever is rated highest on their list, which sounds like it will be either their 4th and 5th ranked guys, as the top 3 will all be gone.

I think it's between those 2 and Sanderson from the Sens POV as BPA, I think they end up going with a D at 5.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Jets fan here,
Just curious if you think Dorion would actually draft Askarov at #5? Do the Senators have a goalie of the future? Is Kevin Mandolese believed to be the answer?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Jets fan here,
Just curious if you think Dorion would actually draft Askarov at #5? Do the Senators have a goalie of the future? Is Kevin Mandolese believed to be the answer?
No he wouldn't

Sens have:
Traded Brassard for Gus 2 years ago
Traded up in the 2nd round to draft a goalie last year
Daacord looks great in the AHL
Hogberg just getting feet wet in the NHL
Mandolese top goalie in Q heading to AHL/ECHL

They will take a goalie in the 4th-7th, and call it a draft

If we waste a 5th overall pick to add a goalie, we deserve it

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Great that Dorion brought that up

Did two full interviews and not one person asked him about Stutzle/Byfield/the 3ova pick

Our media members are such shit haha like our best pick in years.. at least he was jacked up about it

I do wonder if he has a good idea on who LA and Detroit are picking

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Great that Dorion brought that up

Did two full interviews and not one person asked him about Stutzle/Byfield/the 3ova pick

Our media members are such shit haha like our best pick in years.. at least he was jacked up about it

I do wonder if he has a good idea on who LA and Detroit are picking

What do you mean? He talked about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad