NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - PART XII [We got 3-5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I hope they make a deal in the first rd for another pick & therefore they could take two forwards & two D. They have a lot of holes to fill & with so many assets & picks in the first three rds, they could fill a number of those holes with some legitimate prospects. I also think they should look to acquire another 1st rd pick for the 2021 draft.

Reactions: NB613 and Cosmix

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
DraftSim today

3. Stutzle C/LW
5. Rossi C
21. Jarvis RW
33. Gunler LW/RW
49. Grans RD
52. Jarventie LW
55. Weisblatt RW
64. Hunt LD
95. Robins C
152. Uens LD
158. Ottavainen RD
185. Kunz C

What would be really cool is if the NHL teams (other than Ottawa) used the draft list on DraftSim lol

Reactions: ijif

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Just to chime in. I dont see the Quinn > rossi thing. I mean. Is there a single list out there anywhere that has Quinn ahead of rossi. That opinion may only exist here. Which is fair all lists are BS. But it definitely is a hot take.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Just to chime in. I dont see the Quinn > rossi thing. I mean. Is there a single list out there anywhere that has Quinn ahead of rossi. That opinion may only exist here. Which is fair all lists are BS. But it definitely is a hot take.
hockeyprospect has Quinn 6 and Rossi 9

recrutes has Quinn 8 and Rossi 9

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
DraftSim today

3. Stutzle C/LW
5. Rossi C
21. Jarvis RW
33. Gunler LW/RW
49. Grans RD
52. Jarventie LW
55. Weisblatt RW
64. Hunt LD
95. Robins C
152. Uens LD
158. Ottavainen RD
185. Kunz C

What would be really cool is if the NHL teams (other than Ottawa) used the draft list on DraftSim lol
you'd get some stanley cups with that one ;)

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Is anyone upset if we leave the first round with...

Byfield/Stutzle
Drysdale/Sanderson
Quinn (NYI + 2nd Rd pick to move up)
why? have you seen the future? cause i'll start the neverending party right now.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

While there are a couple of sites I have seen that have him slightly ahead most have Rossi ahead. It could come down to personal preference, as you know Rossi is not my kind of player, but then neither was Pageau & he turned into a pretty good player for this team with the heart of a lion. I think if the Sens target Quinn it will mostly be to sell tickets with the hometown guy, but he also fills a need on RW.

Pageau sold a ton of tickets & had the largest contingent of fans of any Sens player that I can remember right out of the gate & he's the only one I can think of that had his own song. But let's also not sell Quinn short either, he's a pretty dynamic goal scorer in his own right & can & should be talked about in the 4 to 12 range.

Stutzle - Lundell - Quinn would be interesting with the first three picks.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
For those who have watched him play, what's Lundells projected upside?
Top six centre with top line potential depending on the team. Detroit for example could use a good #1 centre IMO & they could use a player like Lundell at centre with Zadina on his wing.

If Ottawa were to draft him I think he would challenge Norris & L. Brown for the top two centre spots. And I think these three would solidify the centre position for Ottawa & probably make White expendable.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
why? have you seen the future? cause i'll start the neverending party right now.

More to gauge what it would take to make everyone happy.

Basically if we end up taking a D at 5, I think the consensus is you package something with the NYI pick to move up and take another high-end forward.

I think the initial response of drafting Sanderson will be negative, but fans would get over it if we ended up with someone like Quinn afterwards.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Top six centre with top line potential depending on the team. Detroit for example could use a good #1 centre IMO & they could use a player like Lundell at centre with Zadina on his wing.

If Ottawa were to draft him I think he would challenge Norris & L. Brown for the top two centre spots. And I think these three would solidify the centre position for Ottawa & probably make White expendable.

Being the best center on a team doesnt really make you a true number 1C in the league though. Like does Lundell have 70+ point potential?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Being the best center on a team doesnt really make you a true number 1C in the league though. Like does Lundell have 70+ point potential?
I have no idea, but that seems reachable for him but it could depend who he plays with. 70 pts in the NHL is a lot & how long it takes a prospect with that potential to reach that pinnacle is also unknown.

Outside of Byfield is there another centre in this draft that has that kind of potential? Most would probably say Rossi and/or Perfetti, but who knows if there skillset will translate in the NHL at the same level that they enjoyed in junior? I think Lundell is a safer pick & has the potential to be a very good centre in the NHL because of his size & skillset package especially if he has a player like Stutzle on his wing. How many pts that translate to is anybody's guess.

Reactions: Liver King

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Is anyone upset if we leave the first round with...

Byfield/Stutzle
Drysdale/Sanderson
Quinn (NYI + 2nd Rd pick to move up)

That’s our dream outcome from the 1st round. We could even pick Lundell to ensure we solidify our C position FOR GOOD. I think it’s no brainer for us to trade back into top 10 even if we overpay a bit. This is the draft to do it.

If he improves his skating a bit I bet he is for sure.
He is similar to Mikko Koivu.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
That’s our dream outcome from the 1st round. We could even pick Lundell to ensure we solidify our C position FOR GOOD. I think it’s no brainer for us to trade back into top 10 even if we overpay a bit. This is the draft to do it.

If he improves his skating a bit I bet he is for sure.
He is similar to Mikko Koivu.
Of course, I also thought that Koteneimi was going to be a pretty good centre for Montreal, he's still young & I expect he will force his way onto the team at some point, but who really knows with young guys.

However, I also think that if L. Brown becomes the #1 centre on this team & Lundell, Norris & White are fighting it out for the next two spots, they could really improve the team as a whole & the centre position for a number of yrs. IMO they need another centreman with size & skill, they already have a number of good young forwards coming to compliment their centremen & top 3 lines.

Tkachuk - L. Brown - Batherson
Stutzle - Lundell - ???
Formenton - Norris - Pinto
Duclair - White - C. Brown

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Of course, I also thought that Koteneimi was going to be a pretty good centre for Montreal, he's still young & I expect he will force his way onto the team at some point, but who really knows with young guys.

However, I also think that if L. Brown becomes the #1 centre on this team & Lundell, Norris & White are fighting it out for the next two spots, they could really improve the team as a whole & the centre position for a number of yrs. IMO they need another centreman with size & skill, they already have a number of good young forwards coming to compliment their centremen & top 3 lines.

Tkachuk - L. Brown - Batherson
Stutzle - Lundell - ???
Formenton - Norris - Pinto
Duclair - White - C. Brown

How much do we extend C. Brown for to be a bottom 6 / 4th line player ?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
How much do we extend C. Brown for to be a bottom 6 / 4th line player ?
I placed those guys on the bottom line to indicate that Ottawa has some extra forwards who could fill the ranks of the top 3 lines. IMO if Stutzle is the guy they draft & they decide they still need centre help than they have the guys who can fill some forward roles to help a young centreman. Most likely I see Ottawa parting ways with those 3 guys at some future point & they are placeholders until better players force them out.

I think Ottawa has an opportunity in this draft to add two great forwards, but I also think that one of those guys needs to be a centre. I like Lundell over the two smaller centres (Rossi/Perfetti) because I think he is a safe pick who has the abilities to reach his potential & improve our team down the middle. I know that those two guys are both more dynamic players, but I see problems with them that Lundell might not have in the NHL & to me he is a more complete player knowing full well that both could prove me wrong.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ctaig Button and Brock Otten have them neck and neck saying they are interchangeable. I went to over 20 games this year Quinn was more impressive overall. Higher upside in my opinion. Its funny that someone compared him to Hoffman, they play nothing alike. Stylistically he is way closer to Stone. He is on the first pk unit and took matchups against the other teams top players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia